1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

“Goodnight. Mr. Foot” Theatrical Short Talkback

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Aquadementia, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!
    Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]

Plot: Bigfoot checks into Dracula’s hotel to get a little rest and relaxation.

Release Date: October 26, 2012
    Movie it Precedes: "Hotel Transylvania"
    Studio: Sony Pictures Animation
    Director: Genndy Tartakovsky

Special Offer: To commemorate the debut of the animated short, an exclusive new collectible one-sheet—designed by Tartakovsky himself—will also be given away at all showings of HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA in Carmike Cinemas nationwide from October 26 (while supplies last).

Genndy Tartakovsky "After we finished HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA I got an itch to animate! Taking inspiration from my favorite directors Bob Clampett, Tex Avery, and Chuck Jones I animated a short cartoon in the traditional 2D style. It was difficult and exhilarating all at once and I hope people will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it."

Note: In the same article saying this will be shown exclusively in Regal Theaters, but collectible sheets are given out in Carmike Cinemas.
    So check with your theater.

2. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

According to Cartoon Brew, he animated the whole cartoon himself in four weeks.
    I keep thinking how Genndy could make a Samurai Jack movie by himself if he wanted to.