1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

“Destroy Build Destroy” Gets Second Season…? (Cartoon Network)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by The Huntsman, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Collie

Collie Total Drama Llama

Having emotional investment in a TV network, I can get. However, I really do think the degree of investment should be relative to how important the subject actually is, and this is nowhere near important enough for people to use words like 'horrified' or 'disgusted'.

I can see confusion.
    I can see disappointment.
    I can't understand the degrees of unholy nerd fury this has garnered. It's like watching someone go into a McDonald's and throw a gigantic hissy fit because they added salads to the menu in addition to burgers. "Well, I'll never eat here again because they added something I don't like even though I like other stuff they sell" makes zero sense to me.

2. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

Your post just won this thread, and possibly the intenet. :)

3. Kuromi_Star

Kuromi_Star Neko mimi mode

No bad analogy because it's more like Salads taking up the burgers space as opposed to just being there with the burgers at a McDonald's that prided itself for being 100% burgers.
    And then having that McDonald's denounce burgers to get people to eat their salad because it's quite obvious that they don't want to work in the burger business.

4. Tomato Surprise

Tomato Surprise Uni-Baby Will Save Us All!

Maybe there wouldn't be such an uproar if Mcdonalds kept both burgers and salad on the menu, and downplayed salad because they were known for being on of the few burger joints in the country. It would also help if their manager wasn't vegatarian.

Tomato

5. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Salad can be a complement for meat.

Live-action is not a complement for animation.

6. MegaSonic55

MegaSonic55 A Neutral Viewer

That analogy didn't make sense 0_0 Didn't McDonalds already have salads anyway?

A better analogy would be if Burger King replaced all their stuff with fish and became a copycat of Long John Silvers.

However, CN Real has been regulated back to one night with only one rerun in the schedule this week. So set you clocks if you want to watch.

7. the KING

the KING Member

#47 the KING, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2009
  8. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's sad. Back in the Fall of 2002, I was really excited when our cable line-up was switched around and Cartoon Network was added to our Basic Cable package. I watched it all the time. Now I pretty much just skip past when I'm channel surfing. (I think last week or so I came across it and Home Alone 3 was on! :eek: )

As for this Destroy Build Destroy show, I just don't get it. You blow something up, building something out of the remains, then blow it up again? :yawn: (And that roller coaster quiz show thing just left me scratching my head the first time I saw it going, " . . . why?")

9. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

10. the KING

the KING Member

"Destroy CN Real Destroy" ...Now that's a better show.:evil:

11. the KING

the KING Member

Sorry i didn't know,then you guy's can close it please.

Mod Note: No need to close it, I just merged the two.