1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

“Destroy Build Destroy” Gets Second Season…? (Cartoon Network)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by The Huntsman, Jul 27, 2009.

1. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

It's not just explosions, they make interesting things out of junk first.

Look, I've seen far worse ideas for a TV show. I don't like "reality" on Cartoon Network, but that's not going to stop me from liking a decent idea. If I were at the age they're going for, I'd probably be watching and enjoying it happily.

And of course CN Real wasn't going to disappear after one season. The same people are still in charge at Cartoon Network. The ratings would have to be mind-blowingly awful for them to kill the brand before it's even had a chance to establish itself.

2. MegaJ

MegaJ Like a spring breeze.

Stop trying to make CNReal happen, Cartoon Network.

3. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

'Fraid that they can't let me do that Star Fox. You can't buy fireworks here in New York.

But I like the building aspect of the show a lot better as well, explosions are an afterthought. Besides I always prefer the kids use the Destroyers to destroy stuff.

4. LeatherJeans

LeatherJeans Genderbending=Awesomeness !

KABOOM! :evil:

5. MegaSonic55

MegaSonic55 A Neutral Viewer

Okay here's an idea.

They take CN Reals tapes of their shows, build something up with it, and destroy it in a big fiery explosion.

Please?

6. Kuromi_Star

Kuromi_Star Neko mimi mode

Oh CN. You're going to make us watch you slowly commit suicide aren't you?

7. Sanosuke

Sanosuke Stayin' Gold. Real Gold.

Good to see that CN Real is producing a strong following-I find myself utterly captivated by these imaginative programs-even the reruns-every time I'm graced with the pleasantry of catching them on TV-can't wait for Season 2! [/sarcasm]

Might as well just call it 'Network'-any news on any of the animation IT ACTUALLY MADE getting green lights for a new season? News of, perhaps, a new animated series? Any? No.

Shocker.

Note: Correct me if I'm wrong.

8. Master Toon

Master Toon Active Member

No one is making you watching anything. Anyone who has a problem with CN could just stop watching it.

9. Monte

Monte Active Member

Your wrong... go down to "upcoming" series
    Though no news on more seasons of their current series... except technically ben 10

10. R-Taco

R-Taco Just A Little Bit Crazy

That only helps if you don't give a damn about the channel. If CN ditches animation, it's gonna be very scarce in the future. Nick and Disney have about one successful animated show each, and without CN the cartoon industry in the States is in trouble.

11. Master Toon

But it's just a network on TV. It's not something that you should get emotionally attached to. Besides "caring" for the network is a poor excuse for watching something you don't like.

How so?

12. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

Why not? Isn't the liking of something and fandom based entirely on your own emotions towards said show/series/whatever? People get attached to actors, movies, musicians, comics, video games... why is a TV network any different?

Of course there are more important things to be "emotionally attached" to, like family, friends, and all that. But I don't see why people can't have something more "fan-made" (for the lack of a better word) to emotionally care for as well.

And when something you liked and followed for years becomes something you don't enjoy anymore, it's only natural to feel sad and frustrated. It's human nature, really.

13. MegaSonic55

MegaSonic55 A Neutral Viewer

^- I must agree with you. I miss my childhood when Nick, Cartoon Network, and Toon Disney were showing the golden age of cartooning :p

14. R-Taco

R-Taco Just A Little Bit Crazy

Actually, I care about the channel because it's one of the only places on TV that's still putting out a decent amount of original animated programs. If that stops, cartoons are going to be few and far between, and considering I'm aspiring to get into that business, that is a big deal to me.

15. Don_East

Don_East A regular character.

It's not when you grew up with it. Cartoon Network was a key part of my childhood as much as my pet dog and my SNES. I rushed home from school everyday to watch it. I loved it more than Nick because it didn't have that live action shows Nick had, just the cartoons. Most, if not all, of the people who have the same nostalgia. To remember the days of Cartoon Planet, Dexter's Lab, Toonami, and so on. And to see Cartoon Network air live action and be bold about it to them is losing a part of their childhood they do not want to lose.

If not for that, but for this reason, Cartoon Network's slogan use to be "The Best Place For Cartoons." And with stuff ranging from old classics like Looney Tunes, The Flintstones, & Scooby Doo, to new creations like The Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, & Courage The Cowardly Dog, to shows from different countries like Ed Edd 'n Eddy, Dragonball Z, Sailor Moon, & Gundam, the slogan was a good way to describe. But now, no way anyone can or should call it "The Best Place For Cartoons.", namely because there's not much variety. Yeah, I love TDI, Chowder, & Flapjack, Johnny Test is good in small doses, and I haven't seen enough of Stoked to pass judgement. But compare that to the stuff I mentioned before and you can easily see the lack of variety. I won't even compare the action cartoons, namely because "You Are Here" is no longer there and its contents have been switched about on the schedule.

And to matters worse, the live action programming, comprised mostly of knock-offs of higher quality shows and mediocre to crappy live-action movies that CN probably only got because the rights were cheap, are slowly but surely taking over the network. CN, has become that one cheap poser at school that tries to be like the popular kids, and so far, it's working like it should, failure. But CN has two choices, give up this foolish quest & just be itself or continue, ignore everything it stood for just for the sake of the iCarly/Wizards Of Waverly Place crowd.

So yeah, another network sells itself out and individuality in the media slowly decreases but that's okay for you, you can enjoy your CashCab on a roller coaster and some C-list rockstar wannabe blow things up with some kids without any remorse.

16. ~Shoяe

~Shoяe Mature Immaturity

You sir, deserve a standing ovation.

17. Master Toon

Your right but there's a difference between what you grew attached to and something completely different. If I grew up with a comic book called Super Dude who was a bulky superhero who saved the world on a daily basis and stuck with it throughout all of the bad new writing, art, stories etc. that's fine. But if they turned him into Super Lass who is a non-super powered feminine college student who's naive and wants to become a lawyer, then I'm not going to keep fighting to get Super Dude back. They got rid of him for whatever reason and they have no intention on bringing him back. My complaining and bugging the company is not going to bring Super Dude back. The best I can do is read my old issues, maybe make some fan-fics, go to conventions or forums where I can talk to the creator and that's it. Why go any further than that?

But you didn't grow up with CashCab on a roller coaster and some C-list rockstar wannabe who blows things up with some kids. They no longer air any of the shows that you grew up with.

18. chdr

chdr Active Member

Methinks this is because Othersiders and Survive This (in the US, anyways) won't last another season, and CN needs something to fill out the 9pm slot on CN Real.

19. Don_East

Don_East A regular character.

Well, you could boycot the brand in hopes of sales tanking so that they would bring back the original. I'm pretty such a drastic change would do bad, like Superman Red & Blue, Scarlet Spider, and so on. Even if the change is for the good, like the new Blue Beetle, the fanbase will scorn it. The only difference between that and CN Real is not the same demographic the internet

Actually, CN still shows Ed Edd 'n' Eddy, which I grew up with. And there's Boomerang, which kinda counts it's a spin-off channel. Other channels still show stuff I grew up with, Disney XD shows both the DC & Marvel toons from the 90s, and for a non-animated example, The N shows Kenan & Kel, one of the few Nickcoms I enjoy.

Plus, there's crap from my childhood as well. Like Three Ninjas, Hey Dude, & the Legend Of Zelda cartoon.

20. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

Well heck. Of course there's a difference between and "something completely different". There's always a difference between something and "something completely different". I thought that was pretty damn obvious.

But anyway, all I'm doing is voicing my opinion on this matter, which is pretty much WHAT THIS THREAD IS FOR. Really, you and I are doing the exact same thing, we just happen to be on opposite sides.