1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

“Deltora Quest” Series Talkback Thread

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by The Huntsman, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Mesousa

Mesousa Biggest Hinata Azuma fanboy

Currently, the show is on a tournament arc, and yes, it got me interested in the series again.

Today's episode was probably episode the best the series has had so far. You saw how Neridah hit Lief there?! That was pretty hard, huh?

Unfortunately, the preview for the next episode ruins what would have been a pretty good twist.

2. Dub C

Dub C Just a animation lovin' dude

Yeah, I think if I can help it, I'm going to skip the episode previews as they seem to give away a 'lil too much, kinda ruins to anticipation.

Anyways, Lief got tricked hardcore by that girl. I it found it funny how Jasmine & Barda were like "To your right","Behind!", "What are you doing she is in front now" and Lief always turned a second too late, haha. He should've know better though, she had to know how to fight a lil' bit to get to the final 8, but I won't hold it against him to fall for a pretty face. :D

Also love how the two who so insisted on fighting to their fullest lose, while Jas, the one that wanted to lose on purpose so they could leave ASAP, ended up winning. I hope they show how she won her match.

3. anime_guru

anime_guru show me your as-sets

I caught it yesterday first episode...I may watch more of it. It wasn't fantastic but I think it could be pretty good like monster rancher was to me

4. Mesousa

Was that a whipping sound effect? Jasmine isn't using a whip, she's using a plastic...thing.

5. Dub C

That's my general feeling on this show as well. Not the greatest thing I've ever watched, but there's just enough of everything going on to keep my eyes glued to it.

6. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

In case anyone is wondering, out of the eight Deltora books that this anime is based on, the Hub is on book four.

7. Sanosuke

Sanosuke Stayin' Gold. Real Gold.

Well, I just went over to a relative's house this morning and found my cousin watching this show. Didn't know what the hell it was, but it looked pretty interesting, so I watched it. Apparently the young chick(Birdy? Or Jasmine? Or whatever) was fighting this guy in this tournament. She won, and then they group of her, the blonde kid, and the older guy up and left town.

Yeah, I've got know idea what's going on obviously, but I'll try and watch this show from now on. Could get interesting.

8. c@rt00nguy26

c@rt00nguy26 Member

Wow, when something actually happens in this show (like a sword fight for example) the animation is actually pretty good and probably better than most anime. The show is starting to interest me more now.

9. Mesousa

Ouch, what was that?! The text suddenly changed from English to Japanese when they were reading the stone.

Definately a strange mistake there.

Other than that, today still fell short out of yesterday, but it was still pretty good, notably the knife fight.

I also noticed that the script is (thankfully) getting way less boring. That's been notable since...this week's batch of episodes began.

10. Rynnec

Rynnec Active Member

Okay now that they're adapting "The Shifting Sands" (the fourth book in Deltora Quest) I can now check the books to see if anything's changed from them.

For todays episode, the scene with Doom and Dain knocking out the grey guards wasn't in the original book, and neither was the cave scene. The Dialougue after the Trio leave Doom and Dain however, was pretty much the same.

I also believe they added a few more scenes after they run into the withered stone.

Today's episode covered chapters 11 and 12, and the first page of chapter 13.

11. Dub C

Caught the early airing of today's episode. (Please skip this post if you're waiting for the later airing)

The is the first time I've seen Thaegan since I missed the earlier episodes she was in. I wasn't expecting her to look so, well...pretty (for an evil witch anyways :p), especially considering her children.

I kinda liked today's show. Kinda reminded me of old school cartoons in a way, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Ya just know Jasmine is going to give those two an earful next time, haha.

12. Mesousa

Yesterday was the first time I saw a Deltora Quest episode in the morning.

That song is just so weird. And imagine how confused the kids watching this will question how the heck can Theagan's children be considered children. I't's kinda messed up.

13. Megumi

Megumi ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆

I'm actually keeping up with the series on demand rather than with the actual episodes that air on the Hub since I get home too late to watch them (I don't feel the need to record these episodes either).

Anyway, I've only watched the first four episodes and it's pretty exciting the series. The theme song could be much better but I'm not going to say it's horrible. The BGM is pretty annoying though since it's been playing non-stop for most of the episode (Or am I just hearing things?). I'm very pleased with the fight scenes so far though. It's a series that I may continue watching depending on whether or not the series is getting updated on my on-demand service.

14. Mesousa

Bad news, guys. Starting today, the series will start all over again.

15. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

It's just for two days because of Thanksgiving/The Twisted Whiskers Show marathon/the Transformers Prime/G.I. Joe: Renegades sneaks. It returns Monday. However, it will not air on Friday of next week (not sure if this is permanent) because of G.I. Joe: Renegades.

16. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Its only for a short while.

I was wondering: for Witch Taegan, both fights had blood, which The Hub kept in, yet in episode 3, against the Golden Knight, they removed a bloodless stabbing. Isn't that inconsistent?

17. anime_guru

yeah I noticed it this morning like wtf!? I wanted to see what happened next. In fact the show isn't a bad tie in to batman beyond at all. It held my interest quite well. Either that or the dust from the early mornings makes it better than it actually is

18. Mesousa

It's interesting to note that this dub first aired on Cartoon Network Australia, so it's probably an edit from the people who dubbed it.

19. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, I am glad that Taegan is finally gone. It isn't that I didn't like her, but her getting three whole mini-arcs was kinda over-kill.

20. anime_guru

so...dane is evil
    So saw that one coming
    Really the show reminds me of monster rancher. It's not fantastic but it is definitely a good filler between batman beyond and MIB (which just aired endgame)