1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

“Deltora Quest” Series Talkback Thread

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by The Huntsman, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

I can't speak much for the series, but the Pokemon movies CG isn't bad. Of course that's on a film budget.

2. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

Heh, today's episode was pretty good. I liked the giant's riddles, though the reason I knew about the number one was because it made me think of The Simpsons. The stick one was sort of obvious, though the way I was thinking would only need four sticks. Lief's riddle... I actually thought it was going to be like the St. Ives thing :p

3. Game Freak 4

Game Freak 4 TV Tropes is Ruining My Life!

The singing really caught me off guard.

4. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

Just saw the Japanese version of episode 3. The scene where the Golden Knight stabs Barda was edited for the English version.

Nothing graphic was shown originally, but there is an extra shot where the Knight pushes his sword into Barda and a "puncturing" sound effect can be heard. It is a lot more clear than the English version.

5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't see why it should have been cut. There wasn't even any blood, or at least none that I noticed.

6. Chaos Yoshi Mage

A troll guarding a bridge asking riddles? Wow, that's not cliche, that's just classic.

7. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

On the other hand, the editing was minimal. Nothing significant was altered in any way in that part, so I can personally let that slide, but that's just me.

8. Dub C

Dub C Just a animation lovin' dude

Just caught wind of this show a couple days ago when my dad told me there was this new channel that air Batman Beyond, and this show happened to be on the first time I turned there.

So far from what little I've seen, it's not specatular, but it is fairly enjoyable. There's just enough going on to keep me from being bored and the characters seem alright thus far. Also going to beat the dead horse and say the CGI looks rather akward. I'll stick around for a while and see where this show goes...

9. DonkeyKongSong

So I guess they're going after Teagen's children first...

10. jph139

jph139 Immortal

I LOVED the house scene, where Lief realizes what the monsters really are. Really cool effect on that, and the whole place looked really decrepid and unnerving, what with the knife-sharpening and all. Well done.

11. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I actually didn't mind the CGI for the lake monster. I thought it looked alright.

12. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Way better than the knight.

13. DonkeyKongSong

Yeah, I think it really fit for that fish.

So THAT'S where the rest of Thaegan's children were!

14. Dub C

Dub C Just a animation lovin' dude

I missed the last couple of days, so I apparently missed Thaegan's defeat.

Anyways, her children are quite gullible, being tricked by their dinner, haha. Tom was pretty amusing. And if course, the heroes go in the direction they were warned NOT to go in. Would like to see the reason for those animals freaking out like they did...

15. DonkeyKongSong

My guess is that they know danger's ahead...

16. Mandouga

Does anyone know if all those signs were in English to begin with, or if they were in Japanese originally?

17. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Man, the city of the neat freaks is certainly something. The entire first half of the episode was a drawn out pre-supper wash. Hilarious and unsettling at the same time.

18. FFmax

FFmax Pangoro's Bizarre Adventure

Wait, if Lief and the others are unclean outsiders then why are the neat freaks keeping them here? I mean wouldn't it make more sense to send them on their way?:confused:

19. Gold Starz

Gold Starz "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"

Since they were working for the Shadow Lord, Reese probably figured, "Hey, these guys are going to The City of Rats. That's where a gem of Deltora is, and 2 gems have already gone missing. I better lock them up to be safe." I say that they had to be going to the City of Rat's because I'm pretty sure that's the only thing out there.

GASP! Wait... Tom is helping the Shadow Lord! But he's also helping the resistance... Monday's episode should clear up my confusion.

20. Mandouga

If anything, he's likely not "helping" anyone, meaning he might be neutral in the conflict. Being a shopkeeper, he might see the need for that. After all, a customer is a customer, right?...