1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

“Cosmic Quantum Ray” Series Talkback Thread

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Mr. Blau, Oct 13, 2010.

1. reelwebdesign

reelwebdesign New Member

What happened to Cosmic Quantum Ray!

This is my son's favorite show. I hope it's not going off the air :sad:. I think it's a great way of encouraging science, but it seems most Americans don't care about science. Now I wonder why we're falling so far behind in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Wake up America! We can't dance or sing our way into being the best nation!
    HUB do your part and encourage STEM with good fun shows that integrate STEM into the content!

2. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Cosmic Quantum Ray hasn't aired on The Hub since this past May. To date, there have been 26 episodes produced, and it's unknown if there will be any more. As for CQR's future on The Hub, all I know is that CQR wasn't listed among the returning series on The Hub's 2011 Upfront, and that Wikipedia currently lists the shows' status as "Ended".

3. Hickey & McCoy

Hickey & McCoy New Member

Tell your son, thank you.

We are Pamela Hickey & Dennys McCoy and we were the developers/head writers/story editors of COSMIC QUANTUM RAY. We share your views on science and entertainment for kids. Please encourage your son to continue his passion for science and we will continue to pitch shows that mean something in the educational community (and gives you a laugh, too). Meanwhile, check your cable provider and see if they have KABILLION on your ON DEMAND menu. They may be carrying the series. If not, go to the KABILLION website and leave a message for them regarding Cosmic Quantum Ray. Again, thank you and your son for watching. As difficult as it is in the U.S. to get support for a science-oriented program, in Europe Cosmic Quantum Ray won the PULCINELLA (Europe's version of the Emmy Awards) for BEST SERIES. It debuted in Germany at the Max Planck Institute.

Best --

Pamela Hickey & Dennys McCoy