1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

“B:TAS” Nightwing or the “Teen Titans” Nightwing - Who Has the Better Design?

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Toddman

Toddman Hulk not good with words.

If it weren't for that spike of short hair on the top of his head, you might have a point. But that cowlick (or what have you) seems to indicate that only the back of his hair is long.

And don't get me wrong, I definitely appreciate the idea of Nightwing having long hair. It was no doubt supposed to show his more rebellious attitude and independent, anti-Batman & Robin personality. Plus, his character in the comics had a ponytail for a while just before TNBA premiered. It's just unfortunate that that hairstyle was already a good seven years past its prime at that point.

Toddman

2. Nekoris

Nekoris Lex: Truely Gone?

The "Teen Titans Nightwing" has better design. Besides the other one, was a "early design" of him. And The "TT Nightwing" is a lot cuter then the early design.

3. John Cage

John Cage Mystery Man, 666+ Posts Strong

Yeah, that's something that bugged me -- if mullets were no longer cool by the mid-90s, why did B.T and company give them to Nightwing, Brainiac 5, and (according to the Superman vol. 1 DVD set) Jimmy Olsen?

(Not sure if this is a spoiler, but I figured I'd hedge my bets.)

Have a good day.
    John Cage

4. Toddman

Toddman Hulk not good with words.

Hey, just because that cut was out of style, didn't mean guys couldn't keep wearing their hair that way.

(I'm looking at you, Jaromir Jagr...)

Toddman

5. Batman Fan

Batman Fan Batarang Attack

I liked the Teen Titans design the best for two reasons:

1. He looked more buff and fit, TNBA Nightwing was really skinny looking.

2. I liked the emblem better on this design. It looked cooler and the color blue used was way better than that faded turquoise-ish blue in TNBA.

Although, I prefer the mullet over the long hair.