1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

¡Mucha Lucha! Preview

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Brian Cruz, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Surf's Up

2. RZetlin

RZetlin Active Member

All right I read your preview, but I won't watch the show.

Watching pint-size Mexican wrestlers does not appeal to me.

Didn't Fox had a similar show like this, but with Live Action?

3. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes Active Member

Hmm.... sounds like "ACME Looniversity" meets "WWE Smackdown" meets good old fashioned Saturday morning cartoon violence.

>>Combining irreverent humor and visually dynamic fantasy-action, ¡MUCHA LUCHA!, the first-ever, all-flash animated series for broadcast television<<

All-Flash?! Cool! And maybe Flash could get Superman and Wonder Woman to help out... ;-)

Sounds like this show might be either a bit lame/mediocre, or so bizarre, it might actually be amusing. Not getting any "ick-and-a-half" vibes like I got toward first hearing about Yu-Gi-Oh/Cardcaptors/etc.

Also pleased to see decent use of Spanish words/phrases (maybe "Teamo" Supremo should be taking notes ;-)

Imagine at least one of the promos for this thing will involve "Jackie Chan"'s El Toro Fuerte vs. one of this show's cast members come this fall....complete with the usual stupid CGI-studio-lot background and, of course, the now-infamous Recycled Stock Footage™ (yeah, I'm putting a ™ symbol on this phrase...given how many times we've all used it by now ;-)

If it is a decent series, this at least might be the start of the move of KWB back towards more humor-based shows (instead of all-action, all-the-time). Won't be able to see this Saturday's premiere (will be on a Greyhound bus heading out of town to visit friends), but will be interested in reading reviews of it when I get back!

-B.

4. JohnStewart-GL

JohnStewart-GL Mighty JLU memba

sounds very interesting! I dissappointed its replacing Zeta but ill still give the show a chance.