Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    Sogturtle is offline Sophmoric Member ;o)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Most Politically Incorrect Looney Tunes product ever...

Like This Thread!

I think this takes the cake, er, cigar for "MOST POLITICALLY INCORRECT Looney Tunes product" ever, ever thought up... Of what do I speak you say??

Answer... Looney Tunes BOOZE !!!

That's right fellow Toon-ites you heard me right, b-o-o-z-e, alcohol, hard liquor!!! You think I'm kidding on this??? Nooooo if only I was.

Here's the bizarre facts... Someone at Warners licensed an Italian distillery (I thought they only drank wine) to manufacture a series of cute little ceramic decanters (read hollow statues) of most all the beloved Warner Bros characters. I'm not sure yet how many characters were really made but I do know that Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, Hippity Hopper, Petunia Pig and others were made. The finished products were glazed and fired little critters, but with some unique or even peculiar results. Elmer Fudd looks to have been done from an early 1940's model sheet, complete with brown derby and high-collared shirt, and a long green dress-coat. Basically a nice likeness. Whereas the Honey Bunny (yes Honey Bunny) one is a travesty, featuring her sporting a straight blonde hair-do (okay hare-do) replete with bangs and a red bow.

These little drink-inducers had a red tag around their neck with the words "WARNER BROS CAROSELLO" in gold, and then the characters name lettered in black. On the bottom they say "Warner Bros. Hand painted Made in Italy". A yellow adhesive sticker affixed to the side reads "Product of Italy - AMARETTO - Blended and bottled - A L P A - BANDITO BRA - ITALY -
    1.3 Fl. oz. 60 proof (!!!!!) Sole Agent for U.S.A. Tempo Imports ltd. Forest Hills New York.

Yeah I can see the various grand-potentates of AOL-Time-Warner sitting around after a board (or bored) meeting saying "Hey Ted, let's open a case of those vintage Looney Tunes decanters and knock back a few Elmers and rabbits till we start seeing those darned bouncing baby kangaroos at the bottom of the case. Maybe then we can figure what to do about that fool Mexican mouse fiasco... Or get so bombed we don't give a hoot anymore. Hey!! while we're at it lets kick back and watch "ALL THIS AND RABBIT STEW" and "BUGS BUNNY NIPS THE NIPS", we can claim we didn't know what we were doing".

Right up there with the Bugs Bunny matchbook from WWII...

Hippity Hopper
    http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M...6e9dac/i-1.JPG

Petunia Pig
    http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M...77f15d/i-1.JPG
    Last edited by Sogturtle; 04-20-2002 at 04:40 PM.
    Tim C.

J Lee is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tim, Warners probably could have solved the PC problems by only using the drunk Stork design for the decanters, since he's obviously a connaseur on the imbibition of distilled spirits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Booze Hangs High

Hey Tim, here are a few more Looney liquor bottles (all images from http://www.whatacharacter.com/ , who have them for sale):

Daffy Duck

Granny (!!!)

Honey Bunny

Bugs Bunny

Others in the series: Wile E. Coyote, Speedy Gonzales, Foghorn Leghorn, and Porky Pig.

As bonus, here's a cool Sniffles item (non-alcohol related) from the same site.

-Jon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Booze Hangs High or How Green Is Your Money??

Originally posted by Jon Cooke
    Hey Tim, here are a few more Looney liqior bottles (all images from http://www.whatacharacter.com/ , who have them for sale):

Daffy Duck

Granny (!!!)

Honey Bunny

Bugs Bunny

Others in the series: Wile E. Coyote, Speedy Gonzales, Foghorn Leghorn, and Porky Pig.

As bonus, here's a cool Sniffles item (non-alcohol related) from the same site.

-Jon

Thanks Jon... The Daffy one looks like he has been drinkin' the contents!!! Well since they sanctioned these little babies and the WWII Bugs Bunny (and machine gun) matchbook, makes me wonder if they would authorize Sylvester cigarettes (low tar of course ). Followed soon thereafter by a Daffy Duck roachclip...
    Tim C.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One more for your DRINKING ;o) and dancing pleasure...

One more image to bring a tear to the eye...

Elmer J. Fudd, millionaire
    http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M...b4f205/i-1.JPG
    Tim C.

Mibbitmaker is offline potrzebie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Other possible LT/MM alcohol-related items

Sylvester brand Catnip

Take a nip of Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips whiskey!

Michigan J. Frog Free Beer! Gets the crowds rushing in!

"This even newer signature is really quite lame."
    "LAME!!!!!"

Pilmedium is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Weird?

Although this stuff seems crazy today, it is evidence that Looney Tunes were originally made for adults.
    Corn is not a vegetable any more than a peanut is a nut, and a peanut is not a nut!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Weird?

Originally posted by Pilmedium
    Although this stuff seems crazy today, it is evidence that Looney Tunes were originally made for adults.
    Pilmedium~

Absolutely correct... Think we should point these little babies from 1975 out to AOL-Time-Warner as evidence that the Warner toons were innately designed for us big-peoples ?? Oh Laurie!!
    Tim C.