Search the Site:
Follow Us:

View Poll Results: What story should I do after Shattered Dreams? (Read descriptions before voting!)

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Power Struggle

5 35.71%
  • Heat Sink

4 28.57%
  • Who Are You?

3 21.43%
  • Lonely Beast

2 14.29%
  • Authors Pick (make me choose)

5 35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    ShadowOfAGhost is offline Computer Geek
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shattered Dreams (TT)

Like This Thread!

Shattered Dreams

ShadowOfAGhost

“Dream on, dream on

Dream yourself a dream come true

Dream on, dream on

Dream until your dream come true

Dream on, dream on, dream on...

Sing with me, sing for the years

Sing for the laughter and sing for the tears

Sing with me, if it's just for today

Maybe tomorrow the good lord will take you away”

-Aerosmith, Dream On

Chapter 1

Robin dodged the kick that was directed at his face and retaliated with a sweeping arc with his bo staff. He didn’t know who this strange new villain was, but he could fight. And fight well.

The stranger wore a cloak the color of blackberries, purple so dark it was almost black. His movements were smooth, yet unpredictable.

The mysterious man jumped over Robin’s bo staff and gracefully danced around Starfire’s starbolts and Cyborg’s sonic cannon. His extra long sleeves fluttered like streamers from their unseen hands.

Beast Boy morphed into rhino form and charged at their attacker. The mysterious man dodged to the left and planted a kick on his side with unbelievable amounts of force, sending Beast Boy into a nearby lamp post.

“Azarath Metrion Zinthos!” Raven’s black energy enveloped the broken half of the light post and sent it spinning through the air after the mysterious attacker. He performed a back flip over the beam and landed on his hands and followed up with a flawless handspring out of the way. The mysterious man ran down the nearest alley with the Titans in hot pursuit.

Questions poured through Robin’s mind. Who is this mysterious man? Why is he attacking the Titans? Does this guy have a mission? Does this guy even have a name?

The Titans reached the entrance to the alley just as rain began to pour down hard and observed as the attacker surveyed the dead end he had come across. He immediately turned to face the Titans.

For the first time, he spoke. “Well, well. It would seem you have me cornered.” He said in a cool sly voice.

“Start talking!” Robin ordered, “Who are you? What do you want in Jump City?”

“So pushy. Frankly none of that is any of your business, but I will tell you any way.” The man paused to lower his hood, revealing a heavily scarred face with several large burns. He could easily be compared to Freddy Krueger. “My name is Brother Evirie, and my mission is to succeed where Brother Blood has failed.”

“What do you mean?” Cyborg asked.

“Dreams always fade, but nightmares never cease to haunt you.”

Brother Evirie put his hands in front of himself and formed a triangle with his thumbs and index fingers. Twinkling Blackness like the night sky began to swirls around him.

“Prick your finger, it is done.”

“What is he doing?” Beast boy asked quizzically.

He raised his hands high in the air and splayed his fingers.

“The moon has now eclipsed the sun.”

“Uh, Raven, any idea what is going on?” Robin asked, sounding slightly worried.

Brother Evirie held his hands straight out to the sides.

“The angel has spread its wings.”

Raven began to back away, “It’s the curse of Verbannte Traume! No time to explain just run!”

He held his hands strait at the Titans with his palms facing them.

“The time has come for better things!”

The Titans had begun to flee, but each had barley moved five feet, and now each of them slowed to impossibly slow speeds as if they were molasses. The entire world turned black and a thunderous boom exploded through the air. Each of the Titans lay unconscious on the ground. Each of them prisoners of their own minds.

“They should give me no more trouble.” Brother Evirie said, replacing his hood, “Unpleasant dreams, Titans.”

chapter one was kind of short by my standards. The next chapter should be longer.
    Last edited by ShadowOfAGhost; 04-03-2005 at 08:16 PM.
    "Tell me kid, You ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?"-The Joker(Jack Nicholson,Batman)

"A man can fall many times in life, but he's never a failure until he refuses to get back up."
    Evel Knievel

Fics: 1 2

Tug of War Chapter 3 now posted!

Sproxie is offline <- Says Sprox. ...No, really.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Short, but a Great start!
    Verbannte Traume
    ??? ...you'll explain that later right?
    anywho, very intriguing villain! can't wait to hear more! :anime:

*************(¨`·.·´¨)************
    *******(¨`·.·´¨)`·.¸.·´(¨`·.·´¨)*******
    **(¨`·.·´¨`·. ¸.·´*`·.¸.·´`·.¸.·´¨`·.·´¨)**
    ** `·.¸.·´*`·.¸.Sprox 083·.¸.·´*`·.¸.·´**
    **********(¨`·.·´¨) (¨`·.·´¨)********
    ***********`·.¸(¨`·.·´¨)..·´*********
    ***************`·.¸.·´************

Can anyone fill me in on why i can't log off my account here??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprox 083
    Short, but a Great start!
    ??? ...you'll explain that later right?
    anywho, very intriguing villain! can't wait to hear more! :anime:
    I couldn't think of a good name for the spell, so I took banished dreams and pluggged into freetranslation.com and that is what banished dreams means in german. (the other options I looked at such as forbidden dreams were a bit hard to pronounce. the actual words to the spell are from a Marilyn Manson song called antichrist superstar. very disturbing, yet oddly entertaining.
    "Tell me kid, You ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?"-The Joker(Jack Nicholson,Batman)

"A man can fall many times in life, but he's never a failure until he refuses to get back up."
    Evel Knievel

decka is offline Che la pace regni sulla terra
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh this story seems like it's going to be good! PLEASE write more soon!
    "And in the end the love you take is equall to the love you make"- The Beatles
    " I am not afraid of death, but dying is truly my worst fear" - me!!

Please check out my fic Broken Wings Can't Fly to Heaven. The Price of Immortality(with a little TT)

Aquagirl15 is offline Heaven's not enough
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    intersting, very intersting. melikes!!!! and now we can tell our parents we're learning because you're using an alternate language!!!
    "I'll repeat what I've said so often before, that what seems the easy way out is usually the most dangerous." ~Kuruma
    Yuskue: "You're a strange guy, even for a demon. I was all hepped up and angry, ready to take it out on my next opponent but now..."
    Jin: "I'm a new foe, and it's a new match. Going in mad just takes the fun outta it. And that's no way to live -or die."
    SBM The chapter has arrived.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Unfortunatly, I don't speak german (except for a few choice phrases if you know what I mean) I just thought german would be good because it sounds evil, and I have mostly german (and a little bit of polish ) heritage.

Evel Knievel

Aquagirl15 is offline Heaven's not enough
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if you want to learn more German ask Raven37, Ephidel500, or Beastgirl17. they learned German in exclerated last year, and taught me all i know! but i don't know how to spell it unfortuantly.
    "I'll repeat what I've said so often before, that what seems the easy way out is usually the most dangerous." ~Kuruma
    Yuskue: "You're a strange guy, even for a demon. I was all hepped up and angry, ready to take it out on my next opponent but now..."
    Jin: "I'm a new foe, and it's a new match. Going in mad just takes the fun outta it. And that's no way to live -or die."
    SBM The chapter has arrived.

Vivace is offline Therapists love my money
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    short but good. This is very interesting awesome work.
    There are few things more annoying than a man with a dream. -Andrew Summitt

"You'd be surprised what a platoon of heartless ninja lawyers can do in favor of a position." -Black Mage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is about half the length that the other chapters typicley are. this was a page and a half TNR 12PT, where usualy my chapters are about three pages long.

If you havn't read it yet, I recommend reading my other fic Spurned Past, Tentative Future. A lot of other people have said that it was pretty good and I just finished it as well, so you won't have to wait for updates for it.

It has no link to this fic, but I'm just taking advantage of my own thread and a shameless plug.

Evel Knievel

Crowgirl is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great! That's really all that's needs to be said.

German is cool, even if I have no clue how to speak it. But hey, my ancestors are Polish, so... Jean-Dobre!!

I cannot wait for more!!!

Crowgirl
    Guy 1: Hello?
    Guy 2: Greetings, this is an anonymous message... from Ernest...

Fics:
    III: Teen Titans: Evaporation Is over! Go look at the end!!

Matt A is offline Smile. Or Else.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This fic looks like it's going to be a chronic mind-masher. Cool...
    The Bad Seeds (The Story Board) Latest update: Lost Chapter D

The Policeman: A Tale Of Jump City (World's Finest Writer's Corner) Latest update: Chapter Five.

Tales From The Far Side (Blogger.com) Latest update:The Walls Of Jericho *NEW*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Welshie's Mate
    This fic looks like it's going to be a chronic mind-masher. Cool...
    I recomend that you start writing down what's going on. It will soon become hard to remember all that's going on.

Don't expect the next chapter for about a week or so, it currently looks like it is going to be LONG!

Evel Knievel

Rae
    Rae is offline Insert amusing comment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sehr gut! (very good!) Ich finde das super! (I find it great!)

I can't wait for you to update, but i will if i have to!!

Yeah, i'm know German, I'm taking it in school, just don't ask me to talk to you in it!

Rae
    From the next room came the sound of someone trying to blow a whistle quietly.
    Susan glanced at her grandfather.
    “I don’t remember them asking for anything that made a noise,” she said.
    OH, THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING IN THE STOCKING THAT MAKES A NOISE, said Death. OTHERWISE WHAT IS 4:30 AM FOR?

Hogfather, Terry Pratchett

T.T.Raven4 is offline Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First, starting from the beggining, Dream On is my favorite song in the history in the world. I loved just seeing it! And it related perfectly.

That was an excellent start. I can't wait to read more of this.
    [im_a_little_glow-tag_short_and_stout=red]~TTR4~[/im_a_little_glow-tag_short_and_stout]

TheVertigo is offline The Dark Passion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting start. You got right into the action and left us with a cliffhanger. I think you could've paid more attention with the details, however. What is the setting of this battle? Is it in an old, abandoned warehouse? Atop of a really tall building? Outside a cathedral? Is it raining? Is it snowing? How did the Titans get there? Did the Villain catch them by surprise?

If you just filled in those details, I'm sure you could've had this post to meet your chapter-length standards.
    "The furtile contents of the field of your mind are part of the most vast wasteland ever conceived..."

Kregor8 is offline Communitas Ex Nihilo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mmm, blackberries!
    This is a decent start. Not as good as the beginning to you other story, which hooked me immediatelly. This one...mmmh. If I didn't already know what an excellent writer you are, I probably wouldn't devote as much attention to this story as I'm going to. The intro is where you have to wow somebody. Pull out the stops and blow them away. Otherwise, they'll never hang on through chapters 2, 3, and 4 where you do all the more borring stuff. (Not that those chapters have to be boring, or were, or are, or will be. Just if...) Still, there are some nice parts in here. Let me highlite a few.
    1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofaGhost
    For the first time, he spoke. “Well, well. It would seem you have me cornered.” He said in a cool sly voice.

“Start talking!” Robin ordered, “Who are you? What do you want in Jump City?”

Cocky villian, typical Robin. This is what he does. Why? Why does Robin always have to ask, "What are you planning?" I don't know. But he does. Good job.
    More to say, but I'm on a liberary computer and need to get off. I'll edit more in later.

7<regor

Noir et Bleu.
    I'm back at it, after two years, and surprised how much fun I'm having. I should have done this ages ago.
    "Pushing myself to extremes just to have something to do."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be sure to put a good bit more time into the next one! And that was a good point about the setting, I was so busy thinking about the action and the events that I forgot to describe the scenery. Would you all prefer another chapter next, or a revised version of this one?

Quick update: I have two essays to write for school, so it will be a while until the next chapter comes out. Homework comes first. Until then, either read Spurned Past Tentative Future (#1 in my sig) or someone else's story. Pick a random person and I'm sure you'll pick an excelent story!
    Last edited by ShadowOfAGhost; 01-04-2005 at 11:38 PM.

Evel Knievel

Pookey is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ohhh promising! this is going to be good!
    h/w sucks! but you have to do it,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If it's not one thing slowing me down, It's another. The hard drive on my desktop crapped out on me. Maxtor (the brand) diagnostics tells me the Hard drive is fine, so I should be able to ghost the files on to my Uncles 160 GB hard drive, reformat my own, and then ghost the files back which is good. Until then, I am down to just my laptop and the computers at school.

In short: expect further delays. I apologize.

I take it back, my hard drive is still kaput, but I found a way to get some time to work on the next chapter and it should be ready soon! Currently about half done and already more than a page longer than chapter 1.

Shadow
    Last edited by ShadowOfAGhost; 01-09-2005 at 01:53 PM.

Evel Knievel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shattered Dreams

ShadowOfAGhost

“My shadow’s the only one who walks beside me.

My shallow hearts the only thing that’s beating.

Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me,

‘Till then I’ll walk alone.”

-Greenday, Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Chapter 2

Robin awoke slowly, gripping his head and groaning. His head throbbed and he couldn’t remember anything from the day’s events.

He looked around and took in his surroundings. As his eyes came in to focus he began to remember. The red brick walls around him, the ground littered with trash of all shapes, colors and sizes. The dumpster at the end of the alley, the brick and mortar wall behind it. He looked around and saw the other Titans laying on the ground, each slowly coming out of their own daze, some quicker than others.

Beast Boy, naturally, was the last to awaken.Each was disheveled in his appearance and all had some manner of trash sticking to their uniforms or in their hair.

He could vaguely remember the battle, and was beginning to remember confronting the mysterious man in the alley. He had been dressed in a dark purple robe and his face, he recalled, was heavily scarred.

The Titans had originally been called to the scene to investigate a building collapse in the inner city. But when they arrived, they found that there had notbeen a building on the lot in 25 years. The only thing they found was a wide open expanse of dead grass and a few small shrubs. And their new friend waiting for them.

Robin still couldn’t remember the mysterious attackers name, only the swirling blackness that had enveloped them as the spell began to take a hold on them.

“Whoever he was, he must have escaped after he knocked us out.” Robin mumbled.

“‘Ya know,” Cyborg said with a subtle edge to his voice, “Robin doesn’t seem to be a name that suits you to well. How about we change your name to Captain Obvious?”

Robin spun to face him, visibly angered by this insult. “Cool it Cyborg, he may have escaped for now, but we will find him.”

“No thanks to the boy blunder here.” Raven muttered.

Robin is one of those people who can be easily angered, but rarely ever did he blow up in their faces as he was now.

“I get it!” He practically screamed at them, “I messed up! I’m just going to have to fix it by finding this guy and taking him down.” Robin turned and began to walk out of the alley and towards where he had left the R-Cycle before.

“None of this would have happened if you hadn’t let this guy get the best of you.” Beast Boy’s voice drifted toward him.

Robin chose to ignore him as he continued on to the R-Cycle and mounted it. He felt the need to just speed around the city. It was one of his favorite ways for clearing his mind when something went wrong. The speed limit didn’t matter to him, as he accelerated away. He knew that the cops always left the Titans alone.

Robin didn’t even flinch as he ran the red light. He didn’t even care when in doing so he almost hit an old woman in an equally old tan Cadillac. He wanted to fly, and nothing was going to stop him.

Robin returned to the tower three hours and a tank of gas latter. He knew he would need to research this new threat. The name had come back to him, along with the last of the events of the battle as he rode around the country side on the R-Cycle.

He went to the common area and began to clack away on the terminal keyboard in the corner. He pulled up police records and photos of Brother Evirie.

“What are you doing now? More pointless research?” Beast Boy asked him.

“It’s not worthless, BB. If we can learn about him we can use it against him in the next battle”

“What, are we gonna’ give him a paper cut?” Cyborg mocked him from across the room.

Robin shut down the computer and went to his room without another word. Hopefully this whole thing would blow over by the next morning. Robin tossed and turned for several hours, the day’s events reeling through his head, before he fell asleep. That night in his fitful slumber he had no dream.

Robin was the last to awaken that morning. By the time he got himself moving and ready for the day, it was almost noon.

Robin walked out to the common area to get a late breakfast, but was startled to see the other Titans all waiting for him on the couch. Each stared unspeaking at him. Robin took a cautious step forward, and then another.

“What’s going on?” he already had suspicions, but he hoped he was wrong.

Cyborg spoke for the group, “We took a vote,” he said, “You’re an incompetent leader and a danger to this team. We voted on it. The vote was unanimous. Robin, we are relieving you of your leadership duties and we are removing you from the Teen Titans.”

Robin stared in silence and disbelief. “After everything I’ve done for the team! You all are just going to cast me out!”

Beast Boy hung his head, “You’re not right for the team. We’ll be better off without you.”

“But the Titans will fall apart without a good leader or a fifth member.”

“We contacted Speedy, he will be here in a few hours to take your place on the team and he will become our new leader as well.”

“Starfire, you too?”

“Robin, I am sorry to say that I agree with the decision. You are a terrible leader and I think it’s time you left the team and I behind.”

Robin was too stunned to say anything. He was too caught up about suddenly being cut from the team and being dumped by Starfire to notice her use of seemingly perfect English.

Raven spoke up, “You have three hours to gather your things and leave.”

Robin had moved into an abandoned row home in the downtown area. He traded in his cape and mask for a pair of jeans and a red hoodie sweater.

He looked around him at the abysmal conditions. Rats and roaches skittered back and forth across the room. It would take him a long time to get used to the setting he now lived in. He thought he had it bad when he had to do the dishes back at the tower. How wrong he had been. At least now he wouldn’t have to do any dishes. Without any food, he would never have to do dishes again.

Robin sighed as he heard a knock on the door. He looked up and could see red and blue lights flashing through the cracks in the boards covering the windows. He got up and slowly trudged to the door, opening it with a loud creak.

“Sir,” the officer said, “you can’t live here sir. You have to leave.”

“Officer, I don’t think you know who I am…”

“I don’t care who you are, either leave now or I will have to arrest you for trespassing.”

Robin saw it was worthless to try and convince the officer to let him stay, so with a heavy sigh, he turned gathered his few possessions and left the premises.

With nowhere else to go, he decided that he would roam around the city in search of an alley he could crash in.

After an hour or so he found a suitable alley and sat down on a sagging cardboard box.

“What’s the matter Robin? Did the Titans kick you out?”

Robin looked up to see Slade standing over him. He stood up with a jolt and prepared to fight.

“I don’t know how you survived, or what you’re planning, but whatever it is, it ends now.”

“You don’t even know my plan, and you already seem to think you can stop me. I assure you that you can’t,” Slade chuckled as he stood tall. “And I must say, I like your new outfit. It suits you well.”

“You seem to have changed some yourself.” Robin noted, “Same colors, you just switched the sides they are on. I thought you would have been more creative than that.”

Slade took no note of what he had said. Instead he replied in his cold, sinister voice, “The Titans betrayed you. They left you to die. They abandoned you. I can help you get revenge on them. I can help you make them pay for what they did. Join me Robin, be my apprentice once more.”

“They may have abandoned me and left me to die,” he snarled, “but at least I know they aren’t evil like you are. I will never join you Slade.”

In a blink of an eye, Slade had advanced on Robin and now held him suspended in the air. “A shame,” he muttered as he threw him aside and against the wall, “You and I could have ruled this country.”

Robin struggled to his feet and resumed his battle stance, ready to defend himself. Once again though, Slade moved faster than Robin could react and landed a solid punch strait in the gut. Robin doubled over on the ground.

“That’s it Robin, bow before me.”

Robin looked up at him in disgust, “I will never yield to kiss the ground before your feet!” He groaned.

Slade moved like lightning as he struck again, kicking Robin square in the jaw.

“How do you move so fast?” Robin asked him.

“In a few moments, that won’t matter, because in a few moments, you’ll be dead.”

Slade attacked again with a kick to the face. No matter what he tried to do, Robin could not land even the slightest blow on Slade. He was being pummeled without mercy. It was all to much like the time Slade infected him with that neural altering powder that made him believe Slade had really existed in the darkness. Just then, an idea struck him.

“You’re not real!” he shouted.

“How could I not be real?” Slade questioned in his cool voice between blows, “Can’t you feel the beating I’m giving you?”

“It’s the spell! It’s all in my head! The spell is imperfect!” He shouted.

“What are you talking about, Robin?” Slade asked in a mockingly cold voice, “Did I kick you too hard in the head?”

“Your suit is wrong! Starfire can’t speak perfect English! The Titans would never leave me to die! Starfire would never break up with me! It’s all in my head!”

Slade began to rush at Robin once again.

“It’s all in my head!”

Slade leaped into the air, his right leg extended and ready to strike.

“It’s all in my head!”

The gap between them closed as Slade soared toward Robin.

“IT’S ALL IN MY HEAD!!”

The world around him slowed to a halt. Slade hung motionless in the air, his right foot extended a mere six inches from Robin’s face. Birds were frozen in the air, where they had been moments before. Only Robin could freely move.

A loud crash could be heard behind Robin. He whipped around to see what it was and saw what appeared to be a large crack in reality. From it shone a brilliant white light like none he had ever seen. More large fissures branched out from the original, like splintering glass. Within seconds the cracks were everywhere, in front of him, behind him, above him, and below him. When they ceased to spread, Robin turned in a slow circle, taking in this new scene.

“It’s all in my head.”

With a deafening crash, slivers of reality shattered, leaving him surrounded by the brilliant white light. Light so bright he was afraid to open his eyes for fear of going blind. Light emanating from everywhere, yet from nowhere at all.

Robin slunk to his knees, his eyes still closed.

“It’s all…”

Robin fell forward to his hands and knees. It was as if some immense force was forcing him down on to the nonexistent ground.

“…In my…”

Robin fell face down on the “ground”, and everything went black.

“…head.”

The pressure that had been forcing him down released. Robin could feel that he was saturated with rain water. He picked up his head and tried to stand up. He was in pain from his “battle” with Slade. It would seem that whatever happened to a person in their dreams occurred to them for real.

Robin struggled to a standing position and saw each of his friends lying facedown in the cold, dark alley. This is the same alley where he had dreamt his fight with Slade. He knew he had to help his friends, but he knew nothing of the spell or of any form of magic. All he could do would be to take them all home and place them in their rooms.

Despite his injuries, Robin found the strength to load each of his friends into the T-Car and drove them all home.

Once home he had Aqualad meet him to help carry the Titans into the tower. He saw to it that each Titan was tucked carefully into their own beds with extra blankets to keep them warm, as he was not about to change all of the Titans into fresh sets of clothes.

Aqualad volunteered to keep watch over the tower and the other Titans. Robin, after a brief rest, decided to head out to try and find the man who had done this to all of them.

He would see to it that Brother Evirie got what was coming to him - a plateful of justice with a side order of vengeance.

Kregor, thank you for agreeing to look this over before I posted it.

Can anyone spot the Shakespeare refrence?

Shadow

Evel Knievel

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast