Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Lord Welshi is offline I own all I see. Except that
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Teen Titans: The Musical

Like This Thread!
    OK peoples, here's my next story. It's not going to be as serious as Vanishing Act, this is more a bit of fun. It's an idea i've been messing with for a bit and I thought I should finally start with it. The prologue is not, in itself, intended to be the best piece of writing I have ever done, it is merely there to serve the purpose of introducing a little bit of the background to the rest of the story. And, as you may have noticed with Vanishing Act, the chapter will improve as I go along (I hope). On with the story. I give you Teen Titans: The Musical!
    N.B. it is advised that yu have seen Fractured before reading this prologue, otherwise you won't undertsand a few things.

--------------------------------------

Prologue: Normality Restored...?

The city had returned to normal. At least as normal as a city filled with super-villains including a giant block of walking cement and a sentient ball of electricity could ever hope to get. Johnny Rancid, after altering reality into a black and twisted former version of itself, had been defeated by the Titans, was now safely locked up in prison, and his bike sold off at a police auction. The citizens of Jump City had returned to their homes, trying to get back to their normal lives after the horrific changes they had lived through; first a horrific Crayola nightmare featuring Godzilla, then the dark oppressive terror of Rancidville.

The Titans were in their tower. They were giving their farewells to a small, round and cheerful being. He floated gently above the ground, tears in his eyes. He knew he would have to leave now, and he would miss his new friends immensely. He raised a small hand, preparing to leave.

“Hold on!” a voice said. The small fellow turned to look up at his hero, Robin. Robin continued to speak. “Before you head back home, how about you fix my arm?” he asked, tapping the cast around his arm.

Larry was dumfounded. “Really?” he asked earnestly. “Another chance? Even though I might mess up?”

Robin smiled and nodded. “Just give it your best shot.”

Larry smiled back. He raised his hand, his long gloved finger straightening. He pointed it straight at the white cast. The fingertip glowed yellow as it made contact with the solid covering of Robin’s arm. There was a bright flash. Robin shut his eyes, looking away from his arm. He turned back, and found that he could freely move his arm. The cast was gone.

“Perfect!” he said, flexing his newly healed appendage. “You did it…umm…” Robin looked around at his surroundings. Or lack of them. He was in a large white expanse, devoid of any objects or life. “Larry?” he called.

“Heh heh…oops…” Larry’s voice echoed in the white void.

“Where have you sent me?” Robin shouted. His voice was sucked into the infinite white space.

“Umm…you’re kind of stuck between your reality and a small unknown one that exists in between some of the bricks of your tower,” came the hesitant reply.

Robin sighed, placing a hand on his forehead. “Right, just get me back!”

“Hang on!” The white space glowed a brilliant yellow, before exploding into a cascading fountain of colour. Robin felt himself being pulled forwards at an incredible speed, before coming to an abrupt stop. He was jolted left then right, before being thrown high into the air. He reached the peak of his ascent, before he began to plummet. He cried out, shutting his eyes. Again, he stopped. He could feel ground beneath him. He risked opening his eyes. He yelled in surprise as a large green tiger appeared in his vision.

“Beast Boy!” he shouted, making to grab the large feline as it morphed into a small mouse and ran off. “Don’t do that!”

The mouse changed into the teen form of Beast Boy. “Yrros, edud! T’ndluoc tsiser!”

“You know, those subtitles are real handy,” Cyborg mused, reading the yellow letters that hung in front of Beast Boy as he spoke.

“Ton ynnuf! Siht si loocnu!”

Robin sat up, dazed. He patted himself down, checking for any extra body parts he may have grown on the return trip. He sighed in relief when he found he was his normal self.

“Well, I got to go.” Larry turned around again, ready to leave.

“What if you’ve changed reality again?” Raven asked morosely.

“Nah. If it has changed, it’ll wear off.”

“Ekil ym hcaeps, thgir?”

“Yeah.”

Starfire gave Larry a hug. “Farewell small, amusing version of Robin! We shall miss you!”

Larry’s eyes turned into heart shapes. “I will miss you guys too. Good luck, Robin!” Larry waved his finger, and was gone.

The Titan’s furtively looked around. The sky was normal, the sea was blue, and the city hadn’t become a child’s picture story. Everything seemed fine.

“I guess we got nothing to worry about,” Cyborg said. “My scanners say we’re all fine.”

“My head is not trying to fly away!” Starfire said with glee.

“I guess everything is back to normal then,” Robin added.

“Tpecxe ym gniklat, you mean. Wha- hey! I can talk forwards again!” Beast Boy said triumphantly as the subtitles vanished before him.

“What a shame,” Raven said quietly.

“Alright ya’ll, inside for some r and r!” Cyborg said, opening the roof door.

The tired Titans made their way into the tower, failing to notice the quiet music that was building across the water.
    Me: so Luke, you wanna go do something tonight?
    Luke: Can't, I'm meeting charlotte...
    Me: OK, so tomorrow we can...
    Luke: nope, meeting Charlotte.
    Me: Dude, you are totally whipped!
    Luke: I prefer to think of it as self flagellance, actually...

starburn1116 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    LOL

i loved fracture

keep writing please

i'll wait patiently(or not )

Starfire5 is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awesome. I like how you tied fractured in. peek gnitirw!!! lol

Crowgirl is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with all the others, this is very gnisuma!! Please eunitnoc!!! (Sorry, I am such a copy-cat) I may be a newb, but I am working on a story of my own, and I can only hope it'll be as good as any of yours!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OK peoples, here is chapter one to Titans: The Musical. I hope you all enjoy. I am sure you can all guess the tune when it comes to the singing. Feel free to sing along with the Titans! Enjoy!

-------------------------
    Chapter 1: A song in the Making

The music started gently. It had a soft sound to it, which slowly built in volume before reaching the ears of the startled Titans. They were sitting in the living room, watching the big screen TV. Raven was hovering above the floor, reading a small book that floated gently in front of her. The music crept into the tower, reverberating down the corridors before bursting into the room. Robin looked round at Beast Boy.

“Turn the music down, BB.”

“Sure,” said Beast Boy, turning to the stereo. He paused, noticing the power was already off. “Umm, guys, it’s not the stereo.”

Cyborg looked up. “Well whatever it is, it’s got a catchy beat to it,” he said, tapping his foot to the rhythm.

The Titans all stood, walking across to the window and staring out at the city. There was no one on the island, so the music wasn’t coming from there, and the city was too far away for even the loudest music to penetrate the tower walls.

The gentle beat picked up speed, before a gentle guitar plucked into the music. It was all around them, moving through their very bodies, burying deep into their minds. Robin opened his mouth to say something, but his voice spoke different words. In tune to the music. He was singing.

Robin: When there’s trouble, you know who to call…
    Raven and Starfire suddenly joined in. “Teen Titans!”

Robin: From their tower they can see it all…
    Girls: Teen Titans!
    Robin: When there’s evil on the attack
    You can rest knowing they got your back
    When the world needs heroes on patrol…
    Girls: Teen Titans, go!

Cyborg suddenly leapt in.

Cyborg: With their superpowers they unite…
    Cyborg: Never met a villain that they liked…
    Cyborg: They got the bad guys on the run,
    They never stop ‘til the job gets done
    And when the world is losing all control…
    Girls: Teen Titans, Go!
    Teen Titans, Go!

Beast Boy took up Cyborg’s place as the song continued.

Beast Boy: If your heart is black you better watch out,
    You cannot escape the team
    When they catch you there won’t be any doubt
    You’ve been beaten by the teens,
    Beaten by those teens!

Girls: T-E-E-N T-I-T-A-N-S, TEEN TITANS, LET’S GO!
    T-E-E-N T-I-T-A-N-S, TEEN TITANS, LET’S GO!

All of the boys joined their voices together, the rich mixture of vocals harmonising perfectly with the music.

Boys: When there’s trouble you know who to call…
    Boys: From their tower they can see it all…
    Boys: When there’s evil on the attack,
    You can rest knowing they got your back
    And when the world needs heroes on patrol…
    Girls: Teen Titans, go!
    Teen Titans, go!

All five raised their voices as the song reached its climax.

All: 1-2-3-4 go! Teen Titans!

The music stopped abruptly, leaving the room as quickly as it had come. They were all flushed, breathing heavily as the song ended.

“Ok, what the heck was that all about? I feel like I’m in a Broadway show!” Beast Boy said, collapsing on a sofa.

“Yeah, I know. Did we really just…sing our own theme song?” Cyborg asked.

“I’m pretty sure we did,” Robin replied. “I never knew we had a song…”

“I don’t sing. I never sing,” Raven mumbled, pulling her cloak over her head.

Starfire seemed to be the only one who was unconcerned about what had happened. “That was glorious!” she said with glee, jumping up and down and clapping her hands.
    “May we sing another song?”

“No!” the other Titans yelled at her.

Starfire stopped jumping up and down, and looked at the ground. “I am sorry, I just thought that was fun…” she mumbled.

“So why did we just start singing like that? And where’d that music come from?” Beast Boy asked from his position on the sofa.

“Maybe Larry changed reality again?” Starfire suggested.

“Ah, that’s probably it. Well, let’s call the little guy and ask him to fix it,” Cyborg said.

“Not a good idea,” Raven thought aloud.

“Why not?”

“Remember the problems last time?”

“Oh yeah…”

Raven continued. “Besides, he said it would wear off.”

“True,” Robin mused, “but just how long will we be singing before it ends?”

On cue, soft music filtered into the room once more.

“Oh no…”

raven54 is offline aaaawww... I heart rocks, too!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Raven or Robin... singing? Woah, crazy. I like it! Please write more soon...

EternalShadow is offline Life Only Goes In 4 Directions
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was singing along the whole time with my Mp3 Playing. Quite the strange phenomenon. Can't wait to hear (and sing) more.
    Life isnt counted by the number of breaths you take...
    ...but by the moments that take your breath away.

PressureCooker is offline has nothing for nothing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh...My...God!

I'm out of my chair and on the floor. That was the funniest thing I have ever read, and I've read alot. Dude, if the next chapter is like this, I'm gonna have to call an ambulance:anime: !!!
    What do you know of death? Have you ever tried everthing in your power to save someone only to have them die in your arms? Do you wake up at night in a cold sweat becuase you keep reliving that moment over and over? When you watch your friend die in front of you, then you can talk to me about death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's chapter 2. 'Nuff said.
    N.B. the featured song is to the tune of "Hit That" by the Offspring.

--------------------------------------
    Chapter 2: Can you do the Robot?
    Jump City was in chaos. Never before had something so catastrophic befallen the citizens of the city. They cowered in their homes, afraid of what they might see, afraid of what they might here. But no matter where they went, they could not escape the horror that had entered their lives. Far worse than any of the super villains that had threatened their lives on a regular basis, more terrifying than a lonely Saturday night in front of the TV watching the twenty-seventh rerun of X-files. This was pure fear compressed into a seemingly harmless form, which would spring forth suddenly and cause pain wherever it was found.

The city was singing. And, though some few people thought it was not overall a bad thing, many others thought it was, for it was those few who thought it was good that amplified the carnage. Not everyone can sing.

The Titans sat in their tower. Robin paced the room as the other titans followed him with their eyes. He had his hand to his chin and frowned, deep in thought.

Beast Boy leaned towards Starfire. “Any minute now,” he whispered, “he’ll come up with a plan.”

Robin shot Beast Boy a withering glance. Beast Boy gulped and cowered behind an available cushion.

Robin sighed finally. “The way I see it, there are two things that we can know for certain. One: Larry has accidentally changed reality. Two: We are going to be singing until this change wears off, but I have no idea how long that will be.”

“Maybe it won’t be so long?” Cyborg suggested. “After all, Beast Boy went back to speaking normally after only an hour. At least, as normal as he usually speaks.”

“Yeah, I – Hey! What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Stop it, you two! I’m trying to figure things out here!” Robin scolded.

Cyborg and Beast Boy both cringed. “Sorry, sir!” they snapped back.

“Perhaps this karaoke spell will not be so bad?” Starfire suggested tentatively. “There is no harm in singing. On my world we often sing Tamaranian folk songs, and many of our people are very happy. Perhaps this will be the situation here too?”

“Umm…no,” Raven replied. “I don’t like singing.

“Oh come on, Raven! You have a beautiful voice!” Beast Boy said.

“Shut up.”

“Don’t pretend you hate to sing, I saw how much you got into singing our theme song. You were lost in the music!”

“Shut up.”

Robin held his hand up for silence. “I doubt this would be like Tamaran, Star. For starters, folk singing kinda died out on Earth a fair number of years ago.”

“Let’s just hope this altered reality doesn’t know any Tamaranian tunes,” mumbled Cyborg.

“As I was saying,” Robin cut in, “this is different. We simply aren’t used to spontaneously bursting into song. It’s a shock to so many of us, the reaction could be terrible.”

“Except for the guys that hang out in karaoke bars,” Beast Boy pointed out.

“Fine, yes, except for them,” Robin sighed, admitting defeat.

The soft music that had slowly built around them was getting louder. Beast Boy looked down, and then snapped his head up sharply.

“We’ve got a problem!”

“What?” Raven asked sharply.

“Cy’s tapping his foot!”

The Titans all turned to see that Cyborg had, indeed, started tapping his foot to the beat.

“Quick, run before the chorus kicks in!” Beast Boy yelled, diving over the sofa and sprinting out the door, with three other teen blurs speeding behind him.

Cyborg was too slow, his tapping foot creating a hindrance he hadn’t expect. He was caught by the full blast of the music. A drum was thumped, a cymbal crashed, and he was lost to the rhythm of the music.

The winds of fortune don’t blow the same
    I had to get out, and make a change
    I was a robot, but way to young
    I wanna party, and have some fun

I tell ya, I’m on the run
    Fighting just for fun
    You know those bad guys
    Ain’t number one

Fighting just for fun
    I know I’m gonna hit that
    I know I’m gonna hit that, hit that

All the time I’m going on my way
    Crooks and villains are all in my way
    That’s the way,
    That’s the way life goes, oh oh oh!

When words do fail me,
    I just go on
    There is no problem
    Sonic cannon
    Well I can fix it
    With politics
    And if I cannot I know that I am always right

I’m fighting just for fun
    You know those bad guys,
    Just ain’t number one

I know I’m gonna hit that,

That’s the way,

When I wind up
    Powered down, circuits crashed and burned
    Well, why not
    Take a wrench; you know you won’t be spurned
    And just don’t stop
    Fixing me, I know it might sound strange
    Well, the more you’re tryin’
    The more rewiring

You know those bad guys,
    Ain’t number one

I know I’m gonna hit that,

That’s the way,

The cymbals crashed twice, and the music ended abruptly. Cyborg sighed with relief as he slumped into the chair behind him. It was over. He had sung, and now it was over. Thank goodness no one heard it…

“Woo, yeah! Go Cy!”

Cyborg groaned as the other four Titan’s walked back into the room.

“Please don’t tell me…”

“Yeah, dude, we heard you! That was awesome!”

“That was kind of catchy,” Robin admitted.

“Truly, that was wonderful! Please, Cyborg, won’t you sing for us again?” Starfire said gleefully.

“No way am I singing for you guys again,” Cyborg muttered, shaking his head. “Whoever it is who sings next, know this: I will record you and play your song out over the whole of Jump City!” He cackled evilly as Beast Boy and Robin shrunk back. Starfire laughed with joy, enjoying the thought. Raven shot a terrifying glare at Cyborg.

“Record me and die,” she growled.
    Last edited by Lord Welshi; 09-16-2004 at 07:13 PM.

starburn1116 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    so incredibly funny!
    can't breate!
    update soon!

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast