Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Tenku is offline D-don't come any closer!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A Lonely Journey (Monologue)

Like This Thread!
    Another try at monologuing, this time about High School. It's pretty short, and I just went over some things that mostly happen to me. I wish it was longer but I couldn't think of anything else.

-------------------

High School has been a lonely journey. I've never stuck with a clique or a group of people. Instead, I always found myself outside of the circle whenever someone one rattles on about something. I just sit there, and listen, and the conversation goes on as if I'm a mere passerby ghost. I don't have anything in common with these people. I have nothing in common with no one. I'm too unique. When a person looks at you for the first time, they automatically judge you, right? About race, personality, voice, interests, appearance...and move on, not bothering to approach you at all.

Some days you wish to talk about something, but you don't because, well, you have nothing in common with them. And there, you keep to yourself, and wonder if there is another soul to talk to. Four years of wandering around, going through the motions of everyday, the repitition of classes. Will anything break the cycle? It depends. For some, it's unpredictable, and for others it's dull and listless.

I don't know. I'm bitter that I didn't have a date for prom two years in a row. I'm bitter that I no one asked me out. I'm bitter that I never had a relationship. I'm bitter about everything. I guess I don't have what they're looking for, and they don't have what I'm looking for.

Alas, it has been a lonely journey. But, there's another four years, and after that, who knows? There's some one waiting to take my hand and guide me.

Project Epsilon -Prototype ready in 2011. Status: Developing

Nightingale Virus

"Twilight, what's that sound?"
    "The cry of the Nightingales. We're as good as dead."

-- Echo Madrugada and Twilight Song

Agent S7 is offline Destined to Rock
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very nice monologue. Perfectly described the situations of many students. I've always felt a lot of people bury their experiences in High School and try to look at it with fondness. Of course, those people are the lucky ones. Another group are scarred by the cruel taunting and hatred caused by forcing hundreds of kids into one building.

Well, okay. Maybe it's worse in my town than in most. But still, a very accurate description of one's hopes, bitter anger and dreams.

~s7
    Agent S7, Supreme Overlord of...Stuff! He has returned!

Matt A is offline Smile. Or Else.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Short, like you said, but very interesting. I can't say I'm an expert on the High School experience, but my five years at Secondary were in roughly the same vein. That teenagers are rarely booze-chugging, spliff-smoking violence freaks is a fact that many non-teenagers seem to miss: kudos to you for not following suit.:anime:

-Matt A-
    The Bad Seeds (The Story Board) Latest update: Lost Chapter D

The Policeman: A Tale Of Jump City (World's Finest Writer's Corner) Latest update: Chapter Five.

Tales From The Far Side (Blogger.com) Latest update:The Walls Of Jericho *NEW*