Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    This new series sounds like fun, I always felt the Amazing Race could make for a good cartoon. I know it's set in the same universe, but sometimes I wish Total Drama would take more advantage of its medium and take place in more wackier locals, like a haunted house or a space station.

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    This new series sounds like fun, I always felt the Amazing Race could make for a good cartoon. I know it's set in the same universe, but sometimes I wish Total Drama would take more advantage of its medium and take place in more wackier locals, like a haunted house or a space station.
    You know, paranormal reality shows are a trend now, so I could see a Total Drama spin-off show tackling the subject. Not a whole season set in a haunted house, but looking for ghosts, bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, UFOs, etc.. Not really sure if you could do an elimination style game show. Maybe pick 6 or so former contestants (which MUST include Noah as the snarky skeptic) and put them in a Ghost/Bigfoot/UFO Hunter show format. At the beginning of the episode, Chris gives them the assignment (something suitably weird in a TDI sort of way...like alligators in the Montreal sewers, Bigfoot spotted in a hotel, the President is secretly Elvis, a haunted public bathroom, etc.) and sends them on their way. They have to prove or disprove whatever it is while the personal drama builds during the season.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Eh, this cast kind of bugs me... Half the cast feels like the fit into a very specific and unbelievable sterotype or gimmick. Skye, Scarlett, Dave, Amy, Samy, and Topher are the ones that come off the most normal; but then we have LARPER, beat box, Snow white, the Aussie from the outback, Honey Boo boo, Mandark, zombie nut, and hill billy. It just bugs me that some many fit into these clear cut and simple roles. I feel like the original cast, and too a lesser extent the last cast, didn't rely on such gimmicks and stereotypes like this. Take Gwen for instance, yes she was a goth, but they didn't have her wear nothing but black and make her all dark and brooding; its what made her feel more normal and not just a cookie cutter stereotype goth. Its like the niche's they filled in was just ONE aspect for their character, as opposed to a defining characteristic. It really helped with the realty show vibe of the series.

It might not be so bad depending on how they are handled... Jasmine for instance, is likeable enough for me to ignore her stereotypical role; and they got rid of Beat box and Larper in the first two episodes, so we will not have to deal with them anymore. Zombie kid has his moments, but i can tell his zombie obsession is gonna get old real fast and get on my nerves; maybe he be less annoying if he just had a general obsession with the end of the world; that way he wouldn't rant just about zombies, but also asteroids and nuclear armageddon.
    Jasmine is normal. She may not have alot of friends, so what it dont mean nothing. So she may be an Australian interacting with Canadian teenagers, other than that shes not weird at all. Dave is not that popular or cool, Hes kind of a geek who is obsessed with being normal, but he fails at times. I mean just look at that huge freak out and creepy obsession he had with Sky, not very normal. Also Scarlett is not normal at all, She is a Manipulative Black mailing Criminal Master Mind. On a side note, Topher is pretty cool... At first he came of as a male version of Sierra, but as the Season progresses his Character develops a bit.
    Last edited by Toonster; 07-21-2014 at 02:15 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567