Page 147 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4797137138139140141142143144145146147
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1470
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomMe View Post
    I'm not sure if they use the ratings system.
    Nickelodeon Poland has to air six straight hours of Rodzina zastępcza, a Polish sitcom from 15 years ago about a foster family.
    The Polish rating system? I do not think it applies to kids channel (which I find ugly on normal Polish channels, since it is usually stuck for the whole programme!)
    Their dubbing on non-kids channels is also quite weird
    BTW I'd like to understand Polish better, I find it fascinating, in a quirky way

6 hours of a programme? That's torture

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    what does DOG mean

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JedEmily View Post
    what does DOG mean
    Digital on-screen graphic (the on screen logo during programmes), also called "bug" or watermark in Australia

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisque View Post
    BTW DC Poland does not use an OFCOM no licence anymore, in spite of still being heavily controlled by DC UK
    I suppose that it's simpler for them to have a Polish licence since they've been producing in house shows such as the Polish version of As the bell rings and As the bell Rings caf (they still show it at night; you can see it as it ends, before the rebrand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI4Pov4K7Es)
    One can also notice it by looking at their nighttime schedule, which compared to the CEE/EMEA/Scandinavian/UK ones is full of European and Polish shows (mostly As the bell Rings caf) because of the EU obligations in regards of international shows: Disney Channel - Aktualny Program TV
    In fact, Disney Channel Poland and a few CEE Disney Channels + Disney Junior CEMA have broadcasting license from Czech Republic, for proof: http://www.rrtv.cz/cz/static/prehled...i-podminky.htm

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moleoman View Post
    In fact, Disney Channel Poland and a few CEE Disney Channels + Disney Junior CEMA have broadcasting license from Czech Republic, for proof: http://www.rrtv.cz/cz/static/prehled...i-podminky.htm
    To wszystko jest teraz jasne, dzięki
    (Interesting to see that "dzięki" comes from the same Germanic source of the English "thanks"!)

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moleoman View Post
    I guess that's why DC PL & DC Czech / Hungary always has the same promos & adverts (except that DC PL gets their own localized promos probably done by DC UK)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbanners View Post
    I guess that's why DC PL & DC Czech / Hungary always has the same promos & adverts (except that DC PL gets their own localized promos probably done by DC UK)
    Actually as I already said they are all controlled by Disney Channel UK; some external Czech/Hungarian/Polish sources just make sure that the dubbing is prepared, the promos are properly dubbed, the local ads are in and everything has the right local inscriptions (in the Polish case), it's just the licences that are not British (for convenience).. the same could be said for Scandinavia, which however is more different because there is a Scandinavian team helping with the UK one
    You can see that the channels also share a lot of similarities with the EMEA feed; some things are run differently in the EMEA feed, obviously (as every feed does in order to target the audience and the country) but they have the same core
    Most of the "pan-channels" and some other "minor ones" (like Poland) are run by London (like the CN ones), and it's not just CN and DC, but also the likes of MTV, Nick, Discovery etc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hi, I just joined toonzone and glad to see you. I'm from Korea and will tell you about the rebranding of DCs in Asia, especially Korea. I also have my YouTube channel that occasionally upload the continuity and promos of DC Korea so check it out. 임태우 - YouTube

But first, I have to tell you about the existence of DC Thailand which someone talked about on this thread few days ago. The conclusion is that DC Thailand is not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by dcbanners View Post
    And the promo for the launch of the channels in Thailand: https://vimeo.com/94724288
    The actual meaning of the press release and video is that viewers in Thailand can watch DC, DXD and DJ Asia with Thai audio and the channels are available nationwide on certain platform.

Fore more on current status of DC Asia, see the article on Wikipedia which mostly edited by me: Disney Channel (Asia) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And here are the list of DCs in Asia (and currently not rebranded.) Most regions are using the 2010 app logo but aren't adopted the 2012 graphics except Korea and Japan.
    - DC Asia: Welcome to DisneyChannel-asia.com: The official home page for all things Disney!
    - DC Malaysia: Disney Channel Malaysia (subfeed of DC Asia, the only difference is local commercials.)
    - DC Singapore: Disney Channel Singapore (subfeed of DC Asia that airs most of DC original live-action series.)
    - DC Philippines: No website yet, subfeed of DC Asia that airs selected DXD shows.
    - DC Hong Kong: ???? Disney Channel?? (Separated from DC Asia on April 2, 2004. Broadcast in Cantonese and English.)
    - DC Taiwan: ???? Disney Channel?? (launched on March 1995 that is earlier than DC Asia (launched on September 1, 1996) and marked the second DC in the world after USA. Broadcast in Taiwanese Mandarin.)
    - DC Japan: ??????????? | Disney Channel (separated from DC Asia on November 18, 2003, still using the 2002 logo with the 2007 ribbon graphics. example: )
    - DC Korea: ????? (separated from DC Asia on July 1, 2011, the only region that adopted the 2012 graphics. example: )
    - DC India: Disney Channel India (operated by Disney India Ltd.)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltw9719 View Post
    Hi, I just joined toonzone and glad to see you. I'm from Korea and will tell you about the rebranding of DCs in Asia, especially Korea. I also have my YouTube channel that occasionally upload the continuity and promos of DC Korea so check it out. ž„ƒœš - YouTube
    Hi Itw9719, welcome to ToonZone and thanks for the information!

Yeah, I'm guessing that DC TH is a duplication of DC Asia, in the same sense of the DC Nordic or DC ME feeds for example.
    Check out the Cartoon Network International News Thread: Future Schedules, News, Ratings, Promos and Bumpers from all over the world:
    http://www.toonzone.net/forums/carto...ws-thread.html
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/RegularTweetsUK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    @ltw9719: Hi.
    They say that DC SEA will rebrand in August. It seems that DC KR (which replaced CN SEA) will probably adopt the new look either next month or in September.
    OFF: Also, I'm interested to see how Nickelodeon Korea and CN Korea look like (and Korean cable channels in general).
    Anyway, you helped me solve some DC KR-related problems. Why do those channels (localized versions of CN, Nickelodeon, Disney Channel and Disney Junior) air a lot of local content? Is that because of a Korean law?

Page 147 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4797137138139140141142143144145146147