Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Agreeing with zoombie, if Sora turns out to be a villain to betray Yuya and his friends, much like my other favorite villain traitors like Vector/Ray, Cain(Battle B-Daman), Kugo Ginjo/Shusuke Amagai, and Zola(Blue Dragon) that betray the heroes for example, it would be sweet for me if it happens despite Sora not caring about Himika/her students Hokuto, Masumi, and Yaiba wanting to take over You Show Duel School.Sora a time traveler is pretty sweet.

Shuzo is such an awesome funny comedic father that made me laugh next to other great likable comedic dads like Goku, Soun Tendo(Ranma 1/2), Isshin Kurosaki, and Dr. Spike Taylor/Dr. Owen(Dinosaur King), hahahahaha, but awesome of him to help Yuya get his confidence back, go Shuzo.

I'll enjoy the sweet Junior Youth Championship Tournament arc the next episodes.
    Last edited by Radical; 07-23-2014 at 05:28 AM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 14

I think Sora and Dark Yuya might come from the same place with the same mission. Sora reaction to Yuzy saying he was after Reji was a bit suspecious. But perhaps Sora ain't so bad.

And not sure what to make of Shingo, sometimes he is a unlikable brat, but sometimes like in this episode he can be charming.

And I am continue to love Masumi. Not only does she have cool deck, is hillarous, it looks like she might have a bit of a character arc. And now that she think Yuya is in kudos with Dark Yuya, the Yuzu / Masumi rematch that will undoubtable happen is not longer just about Yuzu trying to redem herself, but also about defending Yuya's honor and innocense.

Next episode, Nico hires some jobbers to get Yuya the wins he needs. I wonder if he paid them off to lose.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    And not sure what to make of Shingo, sometimes he is a unlikable brat, but sometimes like in this episode he can be charming.
    I don't see how he was charming in this episode. He still seemed like an unlikable jerk here. The whole bit with giving Yuzu a handkerchief felt really fake and Yuzu was in the right for turning him away. Not only did he plan to attack Yuya again, but he also kidnapped her and the kids and basically endangered their lives during their first duel. He's pretty much scum at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by zoombie
    And I am continue to love Masumi. Not only does she have cool deck, is hillarous, it looks like she might have a bit of a character arc. And now that she think Yuya is in kudos with Dark Yuya, the Yuzu / Masumi rematch that will undoubtable happen is not longer just about Yuzu trying to redem herself, but also about defending Yuya's honor and innocense.
    Yuzu's determination to duel Masumi again seems more about just getting stronger herself in order to protect You Show rather than wanting to defend Yuya's honor and innocence. That was part of the reason for her initial duel with Masumi, but it didn't really come up here.

Quote Originally Posted by zoombie
    Next episode, Nico hires some jobbers to get Yuya the wins he needs. I wonder if he paid them off to lose.
    I don't think that there's any indication that he would pay them off. Maybe if it was just one opponent, I could see that as a possibility, but paying off four duelists to lose so that Yuya could get into the Junior Youth Championship so he could possibly become his manager doesn't seem that likely to me.

Anyway, I thought that this episode was pretty good. Sawatari's comment about how LDS is supposedly creating more Pendulum cards, along with how he'll also be in the Junior Youth Championship, makes me wonder if they'll have another duel with both of them using Pendulum cards. Reiji might lend him some experimental Pendulum cards if he faces off against Yuya. It would be awesome to see Sawatari get crushed again in another duel. The road to becoming a pro duelist in this universe sounds pretty long and hard. A part of me was kind of surprised with the students refusing to duel Yuya. He defeated Strong, but it was an exhibition match. Plus, I thought that Yuya was dismissed as a cheater in the second episode. I guess it wouldn't have been spread all over the town and just kept among those people who came to You Show after his match against Strong, but considering that he's already branded as the son of a coward, one would think that the idea that he also cheated in his duel against the Champion would also spread like wild fire.

While I still only like Masumi, I'm growing to like how the LDS students seem to becoming supporting characters. It's a nice touch instead of keeping them as just one shot characters for the mini arc. It's also rather strange how they're still being kept in the dark about everything. I guess that they wouldn't want to create a panic among the students, but lying to them right at the crime scene seems pretty suspicious.

I honestly wasn't expecting Yuzu to go into Fusions. I was hoping that she'd use Synchro monsters, although Xyz monsters would fit her deck really well. Given her connection to the Dark Duelist and the fact that her bracelet looks like overlay units, I imagine that she'll eventually play Xyz monsters. LDS apparently has a monopoly on Extra Deck cards due to how only top level students at LDS take Xyz courses and Yuzu's father didn't know anything about them before, so I guess that getting Fusion lessons from Sora would be her only option. Although, I wonder how she'll get the Fusion monster cards she'll need. Maybe her magic bracelet will create her cards for some reason.

I also thought that it was strange that Sora kept wondering if it was okay to teach her. Maybe that has something to do with where he comes from since as the Dark Duelist mentioned, he isn't from around here. Speaking of which, Sora and the Dark Duelist attacking each other with their duel disks was ridiculously awesome. A duel between them would have been really cool. A match with the Dark Duelist and Masumi would have been great too. Too bad that they couldn't learn anything new about him. Yuya appearing after he disappeared was kind of strange, but I imagine that they're saving their meeting for sometime in the next arc given that the Dark Duelist isn't in the opening theme. That should be really interesting when that eventually happens.

Sora needing only to win six duels in a row seems way too easy compared to the regular requirement to enter the Junior Youth Championship. Even for someone new in the city, that feels kind of unfair. At least Yuya's determination to grow and become stronger was really nice. I especially liked how he didn't take the free pass, even after struggling to find someone to duel him. It showed some nice growth on Yuya's part. I wonder if they'll show all four of his duels or only the first and last one. Those would be the most dramatic and intense out of the batch.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post

Yuzu's determination to duel Masumi again seems more about just getting stronger herself in order to protect You Show rather than wanting to defend Yuya's honor and innocence. That was part of the reason for her initial duel with Masumi, but it didn't really come up here.
    I don't mean now, but during the duel, Masumi can say something about Yuya is involved in the whole attack on the professor and wants to get revenge. And that can enrage Yuzu to a point it becomes about that. Well I hope in the second duel they can learn to understand each other through dueling and become friends afterwards.
    Last edited by zoombie; Yesterday at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *That conversation between Blue Yuya and Sora

the happenings are happening

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't mean now, but during the duel, Masumi can say something about Yuya is involved in the wrong attacked on the professor and wants to get revenge. And that can enrage Yuzu to a point it becomes about that. Well I hope in the second duel they can learn to understand through dueling and become friends afterwards.
    It would seem a bit unnecessary to throw that in when she already has the motivation to get stronger and face her in order to protect You Show. Plus, by the time they duel, which will probably be somewhere in the Junior Youth Championship, she could have found out that Yuya wasn't the one who attacked Professor Marco or in league with the person who did, so I don't think that they would need to throw in defending Yuya's honor and innocence as a motivation for their rematch. While I wouldn't be too surprised if they went that route, it just doesn't seem necessary when she already has her own personal reasons to face Masumi again and it's kind of refreshing for a female character in this series to do something that doesn't completely revolve around the main lead. They might become friends afterwards, or at least be rivals on relatively good terms with each other.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It would seem a bit unnecessary to throw that in when she already has the motivation to get stronger and face her in order to protect You Show. Plus, by the time they duel, which will probably be somewhere in the Junior Youth Championship, she could have found out that Yuya wasn't the one who attacked Professor Marco or in league with the person who did, so I don't think that they would need to throw in defending Yuya's honor and innocence as a motivation for their rematch. While I wouldn't be too surprised if they went that route, it just doesn't seem necessary when she already has her own personal reasons to face Masumi again and it's kind of refreshing for a female character in this series to do something that doesn't completely revolve around the main lead. They might become friends afterwards, or at least be rivals on relatively good terms with each other.
    I hope so, doesn't everything has to revolve around a guy?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I hope so, doesn't everything has to revolve around a guy?
    It doesn't really have to, although the majority of female characters in Yu-Gi-Oh! do seem to revolve around a guy, which is usually the male lead. Even characters like Aki and Rio who showed promise devolved into being cheerleaders or a damsel in distress in Rio's case for the male characters. Yuzu's conflict doesn't really revolve around Yuya, at least not as much as it could be, and I really wouldn't want her duel with Masumi to become about Yuya. I like Yuya a lot. He's my favorite character in the show and he could be my favorite lead protagonist at this point, but he doesn't need to be used as motivation for Yuzu to duel Masumi. Simply having her feel bad about losing her first duel against her and wanting to become strong enough in order to protect You Show is perfectly fine and honestly better because it's focusing on her own determination to become stronger, rather than just help Yuya. She doesn't need to become more enraged at Masumi accusing Yuya about attacking Marco nor does that need to be an issue during their duel. I'd much rather see her motivation for dueling Masumi not involve Yuya just because it would be more refreshing and interesting that way.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It doesn't really have to, although the majority of female characters in Yu-Gi-Oh! do seem to revolve around a guy, which is usually the male lead. Even characters like Aki and Rio who showed promise devolved into being cheerleaders or a damsel in distress in Rio's case for the male characters. Yuzu's conflict doesn't really revolve around Yuya, at least not as much as it could be, and I really wouldn't want her duel with Masumi to become about Yuya. I like Yuya a lot. He's my favorite character in the show and he could be my favorite lead protagonist at this point, but he doesn't need to be used as motivation for Yuzu to duel Masumi. Simply having her feel bad about losing her first duel against her and wanting to become strong enough in order to protect You Show is perfectly fine and honestly better because it's focusing on her own determination to become stronger, rather than just help Yuya. She doesn't need to become more enraged at Masumi accusing Yuya about attacking Marco nor does that need to be an issue during their duel. I'd much rather see her motivation for dueling Masumi not involve Yuya just because it would be more refreshing and interesting that way.
    Which reminds me of something I hated about the last series. Every character, not just female, male and female characters a like from the supporting cast, everything in someway in Zexal was connected to Yuma who had to be involved in almost every duel. I don't think there was one duel in that series that Yuma didn't witness. No character could have a character arc that didn't connect back to Yuma in someway. Let's not repeat that here, though Yuya he is no Yuma thankfully.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Which reminds me of something I hated about the last series. Every character, not just female, male and female characters a like from the supporting cast, everything in someway in Zexal was connected to Yuma who had to be involved in almost every duel. I don't think there was one duel in that series that Yuma didn't witness. No character could have a character arc that didn't connect back to Yuma in someway. Let's not repeat that here, though Yuya he is no Yuma thankfully.
    That was one of my main issues with the characters in Zexal as well. Aside from Shark and Kaito, all of the main cast/supporting characters' lives revolved around Yuma. This was especially obvious with the Numbers Club who all had various levels of bland personalities with nothing really interesting about them to make them engaging characters. Out of the two, only Shark's character arc was actually good in my opinion. Kaito started off well, but he became really boring to me as the series progressed. I don't think that Yuma saw Vector's duel against Merag and Durbe, but that's the only duel in the series that I can think of where he didn't see at least part of a match.

Yuya is definitely no Yuma. Zexal went really overboard with making Yuma look like an idiot clown, even as the series progressed. Yuya isn't an idiot and I'm not sure if I'd say that he's a goofball like Judai was exactly. Even when he does his entertainment stick, he's not really goofy. He just tries to have fun and be excited during his performances, which makes him pretty entertaining to watch. Plus, they make it clear that he isn't the best at dueling, especially with his current record, without making him a complete idiot who doesn't know even the most basic rules of the game despite playing it for years. That always bothered me with Yuma. Most of the other characters are likable and/or have something interesting about them so that they aren't just Yuya's friends. The only exceptions right now are the little kids, but they're just there to be the audience surrogate and they still haven't really done much to bother me, so that's not too bad.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011