Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Sometimes big movies do get screened at Comic-Con. Scott Pilgrim screened one year. Another year, Tropic Thunder screened there and I got to see it. Dredd 3D screened there in 2012.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    7/11:
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    The SDCC panel is only slotted to run an hour.

EDIT: The movie is also tracking for a 60 million dollar opening.
    So a clip show more likely. But I mean, y'know could be a big secret screening at a different time and venue.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Sometimes big movies do get screened at Comic-Con. Scott Pilgrim screened one year. Another year, Tropic Thunder screened there and I got to see it. Dredd 3D screened there in 2012.
    Hmm, what did they screen last year? I think they showed the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot. Can't think of any movies.

7/15: Film-Review.net has a 21:45 Q&A with Kevin Feige. Good stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Zu6RJYJeM50

7/16: Stitch Kingdom spills the beans on some cameos per end credits.
    Spoiler:

• Stan Lee is 'Xandarian Ladies’ Man'
    • Nathan Fillion is 'Monstrous Inmate'
    • Rob Zombie is 'Ravager Navigator Voice'
    • James Gunn is one of the 'Maskless Sakaaran'
    • Fred the dog is Cosmo
    • Howard the Duck is somewhere to be found in the film. This inference comes from a line in the end titles that credits co-creators Steve Gerber and Val Mayerik

• If true, the greenman should be happy.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 24, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    7/11: So a clip show more likely. But I mean, y'know could be a big secret screening at a different time and venue.

Hmm, what did they screen last year? I think they showed the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot. Can't think of any movies.

For clarification, the screenings I mentioned were offsite events that took place during Comic-Con, but were not like official "comic-con" programming like say the Agents of SHIELD pilot was. I forget what screened last year if anything. But sometimes a big geek title will make it out there for Comic-Con to cater to that audience.

The Tropic Thunder screening was especially cool because it had an original introduction by Jack Black, Ben Stiller, and Robert Downey Jr.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feige on getting Brolin for Thanos and holding back on showing the end credit teasers
    We knew he was going to be in this movie. We wanted somebody to be more than just the voice. Josh did the performance as well. We were looking at a wish list of, "Wouldn’t it be great if names," and his name was on it. And you look at his face and the performances he gives, he could be Thanos without any effects. He has that kind of face and that kind of gravitas to it

We reached out to him and it was one of those things that does not happen all the time but when it does it’s very nice, where he was totally intrigued. He was a fan of what we did, he met with Jeremy Latcham in a hotel in London and learned about the characters a little bit. I spoke to him on the phone a few times. We ran it by James who loved it, ran it by Joss who loved it because Thanos is in this universe because of Avengers. Then we shot him and recorded for it.

It is done and it always varies. There’s no rhyme or reason, necessarily. Sometimes there are things that I think are just more fun to be discovered by the people. The normal people, not fancy pants like yourself who see it early and complain is not in IMAX—but to have a surprise on opening night. And it does vary, sometimes it’s because it’s not ready, sometimes we include it and sometimes we hold it back. We just decided it’d be fun to hold this one back.
    Great story.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 24, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gunn reveals MARVEL doesn't own the rights to BUG:

James Gunn Talks THUNDERBOLTS, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Sequel, Not Having The Rights To BUG And More!

Doing some research Bug is the same character from Micronauts, and that's not owned by MARVEL. Same goes for ROM the Space Knight. Oh well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Early reviews are starting to pop in, and what do you know: they're all positive! It looks like Marvel has another critical hit on their hands - now, lets see if they can turn that into financial success.

"We are both men out of time" - Dr. Arnim Zola, to Captain America.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The film Yeah, the film has a 100 on RT with 19 reviews so far! Looking good!
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546