Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I think one of the creators mentioned Pumyra becoming a re-occurring character. Plus if the Thundercats are going to infiltrate Plun-Darr they are going to need a guide that's been there before and that's Pumyra otherwise they will be flying blind. I also would think it would be hilarious if Lion-O starts flirting with Pumyra and thinks her affections are genuine only for her to go after Bengali if he were to actually show up. Lion-O being continually shunned romantically would be the perfect running joke for this show. Like, let's torture and humiliate Lion-O just a little more. And let's say he were to meet one of the Amazon warriors who also knows sight beyond sight, have her shoot him down as well . Or they could just advance the Pumyra angle by saying she actually does like Lion-O but doesn't think she should pursue the king. But whatever, come what may.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm glad Lion-O was questioned about his actions following the fall of Thundera. They could have easily skipped pass that and made it a simple resuce mission. She portrayed her hostility towards him very well. I had actually forgotten that any of the cats survived the invasion. I liked the twins story, more so last week. Meeting a fellow theif and questioning the morality of stealing was nice side plot. I also liked how it worked out for the racoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    I also would think it would be hilarious if Lion-O starts flirting with Pumyra and thinks her affections are genuine only for her to go after Bengali if he were to actually show up. Lion-O being continually shunned romantically would be the perfect running joke for this show. Like, let's torture and humiliate Lion-O just a little more. And let's say he were to meet one of the Amazon warriors who also knows sight beyond sight, have her shoot him down as well . Or they could just advance the Pumyra angle by saying she actually does like Lion-O but doesn't think she should pursue the king. But whatever, come what may.
    I know, right? For whatever reason, I thought the idea of getting rejected by Cheetara, and then getting together with the next female he met would seem a little too convenient. Yet for some reason, piling on Lion-o's misery just seems like it would be comically satisfying. Don't get me wrong, I like Lion-o, and perhaps more importantly, I want to like the character. I also thought the way the character development progressed in the first season, pairing up Cheetara with Tygra was both dissatisfying and shoddily foreshadowed. While the show should depict his development into a great leader, there's something oddly fascinating about the prospects of his becoming Charlie Brown-like in love.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    I'm glad Lion-O was questioned about his actions following the fall of Thundera. They could have easily skipped pass that and made it a simple resuce mission. She portrayed her hostility towards him very well. I had actually forgotten that any of the cats survived the invasion. I liked the twins story, more so last week. Meeting a fellow theif and questioning the morality of stealing was nice side plot. I also liked how it worked out for the racoon.
    I am glad they addressed it but at the same time it called attention to a hole in the story; Namely that not ONCE did concern for the remaining thundercats ever cross the minds of our heroes. Lion-o's first prioty after thundara fell was attacking mummra, then it was the book of omens, followed by finding the stones, and then uniting the various clans against Mummra is somewhere on that list... throughout all of this no one even thinks to bring up "find out if any thundercats survived". Honestly, not very kingly behavior; for a great king, his subjects should take high priority. you could even excuse lion-o for not thinking of it since he's something of a king in training and thus flawed, but no one else thought of it either. Simply put, the fact that it was never addressed until now just seems like a huge hole in the story.

It would have been nice if there was an episode early on where they do attempt to track down the other cats... they would find signs that they were survivors but with no leads on where they were taken they would have to push on with their next priority and just keep an ear out. Atleast then when this episode came about Lion-o could atleast claim that they tried to find the cats after thundara fell but failed and they had been hoping they would find news of surviving cats ever since.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I thought that this was an okay episode. I liked the bit of backstory on Panthro's days in the pit, fighting with a dog and only leaving because he didn't want to end up killing his friend. Pumyra seemed like an interesting character with her anger towards Lion-O. Though, I also noticed that huge hole in the story with this being the first time they've mentioned survivors from the fall of Thundera. I don't think it was clear before if the other cats had been killed or been spread across the world into slavery. While I can understand why Lion-O would want to strike Mumm-Ra first, I think it would have been better if either he or one of the other characters mentioned about trying to find other cats. It would help clear up that the Thundercats would have a kingdom to save or return to after defeating Mumm-Ra.

The fight between Pumyra and Lion-O was pretty good, although I think her attitude towards him changed a bit too quickly. The side plot with the kittens was okay, but I would have preferred to reduce that story so that more attention could have been used for the fight. Overall, it was a a pretty enjoyable episode and I hope that Pumyra stays with the cast too. She seemed too interesting to be a one-shot character. I don't know if I like the idea of Lion-O always striking out in love though. It would kind of treat him too much like a joke and it would be nice for something to work out for him. Hopefully, next week's episode will be fun to watch too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackoutCreature View Post
    Poor Bengali
    Whoever said that Bengali and Pumyra were a couple to begin with??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have to admit that while I liked Tookit's design and voice, he came off as a bit more evil than they probably intended. I mean, he goes and blinds some dog who likely fell to his death afterward, and steals a guy's cane and another guy's button for the sole purposes of tripping the former and possibly killing the latter. Really, considering that all he got out of it was the laundry dog's money, which they get through the sheet they stole from her, there was literally no reason to get the other two involved. It's an interesting power he's got, to be sure, but he's in that weird place where I can't tell if the collateral damage caused by his routine was intentional or simply overlooked by the writers.
    Save a webcomic! Read Commander Kitty!
    YOU GOT YOUR HEAD ALL TANGLED UP, BUT IF ONLY I COULD MAKE YOU CARE...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBlinky View Post
    Whoever said that Bengali and Pumyra were a couple to begin with??
    The fanboy voices that developed in my head after 25 years of creating stories in my imagination that have no bearing on canon or reality?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12