toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - A:EMH "Alone Against A.I.M."

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll

14 48.28%
  • ****1/2

6 20.69%

6 20.69%
  • ***1/2

1 3.45%

0 0%
  • **1/2

1 3.45%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

1 3.45%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I greatly enjoyed this episode. IMO, it is the best Iron Man portrayal that AEMH has done yet.

First, he wasn't SHIELD's toady but adversary. He was needling and frustrating and sabotaging "the system" and said system's efforts to control him. This is something I like to see.

Second, he was flirty. Now, flirting with Maria Hill isn't something I completely understand (I don't find her appealling in the least) but hey, at least now Tony is being his playboy self!

Third, they portrayed him as an eccentric inventor-genius rather than a stereotypical businessman. Tony's meant to be a Silicon-Valley-esque, Richard-Branson-type entrepreneur. He's not meant to be an accountant or a stereotypical "suit" or embody anything to do with "management" or "corporate bureaucracy." His primary creations are brilliant inventions, not profit-and-loss statements. Basically, his personality is NOT meant to fit in with a board meeting (this, may I add, is a good thing; eccentricity and innovation have always created more wealth and novelty than Organization Men).

Overall, I was very happy with this episode. It fixed what had always struck me as a flaw in previous AEMH episodes.

Oh, and if they bring in a Civil War plot, ANTI-REG ALL THE WAY.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    More like Steve Jobs and Howard Hughes than Richard Branson I think.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    More like Steve Jobs and Howard Hughes than Richard Branson I think.
    Possibly true (I wouldn't know each of their personalities with sufficient detail to comment), but you know the point I'm making: Tony's a Schumpeter*-style entrepreneur rather than an IBM/General Motors/General Electric-style Organization Man.

*See the work of economist Joseph Schumpeter for more details.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345