Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Having the Jetsons be a weekend only show is fine. But if the 4:30 weekday slot and the weekend hours are not on seperate runs, that would be a bit annoying.

Eventually if Boomerang became CN Too or what have you, early in the morning is probably the time frame The Jetsons would get, same with The Flintstones. It may be only a matter of time before The Flintstones only airs early in the morning. In the mean time I feel The Flintstones should move to at least 6:00 pm if not next to Scooby-Doo in prime time and the other shows can shift down. If Scooby still get prime time then so should the modern stone-age family, and they could drop one Bravo for The Jetsons as well.

Repeating the morning shows cuts down on classics time as it is. Scooby-Doo has quite a lot of slots in April as well. They should cut that back and give two or more to other shows.

Yogi, The Snorks and Ben 10 don't need hour blocks either.

And I'd like to have Top Cat and Pink Panther join the late night hours.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew T. Hingson View Post
    And I'd like to have Top Cat and Pink Panther join the late night hours.
    And perhaps give Wacky Races and Penelope Pitstop a long weekday hiatus, let them keep it weekend mornings if they want. 17 episodes played practically everyday for over 3 years is tiring, no matter the time slots they get.

[Come to think of it, I remember how over-played Top Cat was for a 30-ep series and thought THAT would never leave]

There is something I'd like to see. Regarding Ben 10 and Pokemon, (5p-7p, reminds me of Toonami). They should return SWAT Kats and put that on, either 5 or 5:30 just to give Ben 10 a pacier showing, since it only has the 52 episodes. Give Pokemon its 1-hour for a while, then find something else to replace one of it's spots. It'd be like Toonami again, just without the brand name.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well if you want to make 5-7PM even more like Toonami toss in The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest and old Hanna Barbera action cartoons. They could also add the original ThunderCats if Warner would let them. It only aired briefly to hype up the 2011 series but it'd be great to see it on regularly in the afternoon or with the overnight action.

They updated the Boomerang page on CN's website and seem to be incorporating CC's into the images as well as Teen Titans and various modern toons are noted on the show list. So it is safe to say CN considers airing them on Boomerang something they will publically acknowledge.

The oldies they list only include Yogi, Popeye, The Pink Panther (but for Pals), The Smurfs, Scooby-Doo, The Jetsons, The Flintstones and Tom & Jerry. A sign of things to come? Drop just a few others and that is Boomerang's classics line-up. I guess that would not be so bad as long as Boomerang had a good variety of shows CN wont play regularly. But they should at least use late nights to air other oldies and run a wider variety of shorter HB series on weekends.
    Last edited by Sketch; 03-27-2012 at 03:54 AM.

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Seems like your Boomerang is slowly getting rid of all those HB cartoons and will now only focus on their most famous work, something out European versions have done for a long time. It's sad really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Seems like your Boomerang is slowly getting rid of all those HB cartoons and will now only focus on their most famous work, something our European versions have done for a long time. It's sad really.
    I haven't noticed, but then, I don't watch Boomerang that often.

Cutting back on the Hanna-Barbera shows doesn't bother me so much, as I'm not the biggest HB fan there is, but Turner's not adding a shiny new look, a ton of variety or much desirable scheduling on the channel in their place either, which is what I find troubling.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 03-27-2012 at 01:26 PM.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I see Smurfs,Flintstones/Jetsons, Tom and Jerry and of course dozen of Scooby Doo dominating with all these hour blocks and several showings a day. Not much room left for other shows which were randomly shown in previous schedules. Plus Cartoon Cartoons took over prime time including these other non classic shows (Ben 10/Pokemon).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I see Smurfs,Flintstones/Jetsons, Tom and Jerry and of course dozen of Scooby Doo dominating with all these hour blocks and several showings a day. Not much room left for other shows which were randomly shown in previous schedules. Plus Cartoon Cartoons took over prime time including these other non classic shows (Ben 10/Pokemon).
    Regarding the so-called 'non-classics', one must keep in mind that Boomerang isn't just a baby boomers' channel anymore. Hasn't been for some time now, not since they started carrying Cartoon Cartoons, Pokemon, Voltron and Justice League. Boom can't and shouldn't just loop 60s to 80s cartoons forever. That's just not feasible because what's considered "old" or "classic" is constantly changing and will vary depending on the individual viewer and their generation. Time keeps moving forward, and in order to stay afloat, TV networks must keep abreast of the times. The 00's were 10 years ago and the 90's were 20 years ago. If a show is old enough for someone to remember it nostalgically, then it's fit to run on Boomerang. These days Boom is not so much an oldies channel as it's a dumping ground for Cartoon Network's defunct and less popular shows, so expect the presence of the so-called non-classics to increase before they decrease.

I personally don't see this as a bad thing necessarily; there's enough room on a 24-hour channel to accommodate both older and newer classics, they just have to be scheduled, arranged and rotated properly. Turner could easily delegate equally between both the older and newer reruns in creative, efficient and entertaining ways, but the sad truth is that they're just not interested in taking any sort of initiative with Boomerang.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    By simply cutting back on the doubled up airings and maybe relegating shorter shows to weekends they'd have plenty of space for a wider variety of shows. The disturbing truth is... they don't care or do not want to add more variety. They don't care to try anything daring or worthwhile. They'll add more CN originals over time until only a few if any oldies are even there. That's where the network is going. There is not enough demand for an animation channel feature just vintage material. And what is "old" or "nostalgic" changes every decade and even every year.

Ideally Boomerang would always contain the all time beloved classics of the Turner animation library. There's no reason they can't do that. The network is of such little importance to Turner that they shouldn't have to get rid of all the vintage material because they're ad-supported. If it goes ad-supported expect even more changes and maybe just maybe they'll start doing creative things with Boomerang. For now it's just a place to air the more popular shows in the Turner library taking advantage of Hollywood's interest in those franchises and beyond that it's where CN can dump any show they are stuck with that they do not want to air on their main network.

I really wish they'd actually give someone a job trying to make it an engaging network. Maybe people should rally for that? I don't know but Turner probably can not be brought to care.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 promos

I saw 2 promos during the 6pm Pokemon tonight I never expected to see

1) A promo for Pokemon airing weeknights at 6pm

2) [the most shocking one] - a promo for Puppy in my Pocket: Adventures in Pocketville airing weekdays at 7:30am and 2:30pm

BOTH were voiced by John O'Hurley

...all I could say was "wow"...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HUBTigers87 View Post
    I saw 2 promos during the 6pm Pokemon tonight I never expected to see

1) A promo for Pokemon airing weeknights at 6pm

2) [the most shocking one] - a promo for Puppy in my Pocket: Adventures in Pocketville airing weekdays at 7:30am and 2:30pm

BOTH were voiced by John O'Hurley

...all I could say was "wow"...
    Oh My God. I thought Turner would never again make new promos for their shows. I can't believe they did one for Puppy In My Pocket. All I can say is... wow...as well.
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php