New episodes of "Conan" on TBS begin tonight at 11/10c. This week's guests:

Tuesday: Gary Oldman, Judy Greer, Everlast
    Wednesday: Emmy Rossum, Dave Attell, Chris Isaak
    Thursday: Johnny Galecki, Chris Paul, Tom Papa

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thoughts on 1/3...

Conan's shaved again! (I'm guessing he shaved for the holiday family get-togethers) To be honest, I prefer him this way. I don't hate the beard or anything, but he looks younger without the beard.

One of the best "Why Would You Tweet That?!" skits so far. Larry King: "In 2012 I'm going to party like it's 12."

Man, I hope the "Nog Hog" poll gets to 90% or above. They've built it up so much; I really want to see this rejected sketch that's supposedly so unfunny and unpleasant. Come on, Coco, don't be a Scrooge.

Gotta love La Bamba getting put in a wood chipper and then appearing in the very next segment, alive and well.

Gary Oldman was a lot of fun. I particularly liked his impression of what it's like to do voice acting for a video game, and his story about having to punch Joe Pesci before a scene to get him riled up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    January Jones is quickly becoming a favorite recurring character. That damn song of his just gets me every time. Also it seems that the Nog Hog will show up...at some point.

I also liked the "footage" of Johnny Galecki losing at the Emmy's. Who knew he had such anger. His story about his brother was pretty funny too.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Why do I get the sinking feeling Conan is going to tease us for quite a long time by saying the Nog Hog and its supporting players are perpetually out of town (and thus, can't perform the sketch)?

On another note, I've highly enjoyed the 2012-based jokes so far. "The Mayans wrote: You've got eleven months and 21 days. Live it up, whitey." and God saying "The Mayans are still bugging me to wrap things up this year." Way to give a well-deserved kick in the pants to this 2012 doomsday nonsense. Sometimes the best way to combat absurd superstition is to laugh at it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    After nearly a month, Nog Hog finally showed its face last night! And the sketch... was mediocre. But it wasn't the abomination Conan made it out to be, and I'm glad to have actually seen it. Conan's completely disinterested delivery of his scripted lines was the funniest part.

Loved David Cross's overly elaborate description of his series "The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret" to set up the clip, and then the clip ends up being only a second long.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just in case you missed it (like I did), the full episode of Conan on the miniature set is now on TBS.com. This is so surreal, I love it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Anyone catch Thursday's episode? Conan held up his part of a deal where he said that if enough money was raised for a charity, he'd get a spray tan and put his hair in corn rows. It's pretty surreal, and clips are up on Team Coco's YouTube page.

Also on that show, another appearance of Triumph!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yea I had been anticipating that episode for a few weeks when he first mentioned it. The cornrows are what made it him look so weird even more than the spray tan.