Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Now confirmed via the Namco Bandai conference today. Game is scheduled in the same month that the general public will be doing elections for the next president (November)

By Siliconera
    "Looks like One Piece: Pirate Warriors is leaving Japan. At Namco Bandai’s keynote press conference, a video played with flashes of One Piece: Pirate Warriors. Siliconera is at the conference, which is just beginning, and we’ll update this post with more details as soon as we get them.

Update: One Piece: Pirate Warriors is slated for release in North America and Europe in November 2012. Namco Bandai is discussing distribution plans with retailers and Sony for a digital release.
    "
    Zeta26's DA Profile (yoroshiku!) ^^

Join in the PS4 discussions ^^ http://www.toonzone.net/forums/video...ulation-5.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awesome . I hope they used the english voice actors and not keep it with the japanaes voice acting only.
    "Toonami:Tougher than the Best,Stronger than the Rest."

TOONAMI LIVES (5/26/12)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A digital only release is pretty telling that they're being forced to release it in some capacity so I guess this doesn't bode well for any non-sony One Piece games even if this title sells ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by straw_hat View Post
    A digital only release is pretty telling that they're being forced to release it in some capacity so I guess this doesn't bode well for any non-sony One Piece games even if it sells ok.
    It doesn't mean they're being forced to release it here. The game would've likely been released in Europe (as Saint Seiya on PS3 was) so there'd be an English translation. Rather than letting that translation stay EU-only, leaving copies to third party sellers Namco Bandai decides to bring it over themselves on PSN. The game likely wouldn't make money if it was a general retail release here. As a PSN-only venture in North America they can release it sub-only and only get charged the ESRB rating fee.

Nintendo eShop seems to be slowly allowing digital releases of games (see Unchained Blades ReXX) so I wouldn't rule out future games.
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Digital only? Well much better than nothing but I so looked forward to having a legitment copy I could hold in my hand.

But they did say they are discussing distribution with retailers. Maybe there will be a pre-order only retail release.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This does make me wonder if they're going to dub the game or settle for translating it, but either way it should be fun. Given One Piece's popularity in Japan a second game is inevitable; perhaps if digital sales are decent they'll be motivated to do a physical release the next time. There's precedent for it; the Record of Agarest War games went through that process for the PS3.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, Unchain Blade's given a digital-only release on the DS as well. However, they're going the english voice acting route. So, probably being on digital release doesn't technically mean that they'll resort to the original language.

And also I think most of the Texas VAs have already voiced half of these characters in the anime. Namely with the Baratie/Arlong and Ice continent with Chopper.
    Zeta26's DA Profile (yoroshiku!) ^^

Join in the PS4 discussions ^^ http://www.toonzone.net/forums/video...ulation-5.html