0 0%

1 11.11%
  • 1/2

3 33.33%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    A good issue, though there wasn't any real Justice League to be found here. A handful of Cyborg appearances and that's it. Still it was nice to see some world-building being done here and it was actually a more upbeat story than usual for DC Comics especially with all the Forever Evil stuff going on.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forever Evil! Forever...Metal Men?

JUSTICE LEAGUE #29

Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO

The Crime Syndicate couldn't kill him, but will Grid destroy him? Cyborg heads directly for the Syndicate with the Metal Men at his side. But can Vic Stone stop his cybernetic half? And how will this battle against the most brutal and evil beings in the universe change Cyborg and the Justice League?

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really liked Cyborg in this issue. They've definitely been making him much more interesting and I honestly would pick up his comic if DC ever gave him a monthly. The artwork by Manhke was also amazing as usual. It's nice to see him back drawing the League and his version of Cyborg is really slick. A good issue and probably one of the better parts of Forever Evil.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I would also definitely read a "Cyborg and the Metal Men" book .

I've been 50/50 on Forever Evil as an event, but I agree that Cyborg's arc has definitely been a bright spot. The Metal Men were also nice additions, especially since they've brought a lot of fun and heart to both the series and the New 52 as a whole .

So Cyborg's stopped Grid, and is now off to free the Justice League... though I wonder if the Crime Syndicate will be stopped before that happens? Considering the League is probably going to have a major image problem once this event is over, I expect they'll have little to do with actually bringing down the Crime Syndicate. Disappointing, but I guess that's what Johns is going for with this event .

I feel bad for Steve. You could see the hope on his face as he talked about his "bond" with Wonder Woman and how it was going to save the day .

Seeing the Fearsome Five and some other classic DC villains show up in the New 52 was also quite nice .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The era of Injustice begins!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #30

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

It all changes here with the first chapter of “INJUSTICE LEAGUE”! The next era of the Justice League begins as heroes quit, villains join and a Justice League roster you’ve never seen before emerges, led by the world’s greatest hero — LEX LUTHOR?! As the dust settles and the bodies are buried, the violent consequences of FOREVER EVIL must be dealt with — while a mysterious new force sets its target on the League. But is this force friend or enemy? And why does he want Luthor dead? (If you ask Batman, it’s a long list.)

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be honest, I really didn't like the idea of Lex Luthor leading the Justice League nor did I like Captain Cold joining either. That changed with Forever Evil 7, as I started getting use to the idea of him being on the team, though I wasn't really sold on him leading the team just yet. That is why I am very glad Johns decided to show exactly how this all happened. It's good to see the whole team together again(sans Green Lantern busy in space.) Also Shazam seems to be a lot of fun. Love the new team dynamic. So many new plot points set up between forever evil and this issue, should be a fun year for this book!
    Huge comics fan,anime reviewer,animation watcher, I help run a Toonami site(you can follow it on Twitter @ToonamiNews)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Who is Power Ring?

JUSTICE LEAGUE #31

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

Introducing the new Power Ring! But who is she? What does she want? And how will her presence affect the team?

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Power Ring - finally! It's been awhile since they first hinted at her. I wonder if she will stick around or just kind of disappear like that Element Woman character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Will Lex Luthor be the end of the Justice League?

JUSTICE LEAGUE #32

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

Lex Luthor continues his acclimation to his life as a one of the world’s greatest heroes as they search for the mysterious power threatening to unravel our world. But are his sights really set on the Dark Knight? And are the Dark Knight’s set on him? Plus, someone else is targeting Luthor and his new allies – a man who believes he is Luthor’s superior in every way...and he may be right! Here comes The Chief and his treacherous Doom Patrol to The New 52!

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I enjoyed this issue, not enough Lex but understandable due to the Doom Patrol being the focus of the issue and also, I really hope these guys get a book. Get a great writer like Charles Soule on the book and it would be a big seller instead of doing a book like Deathstroke or Klarion.
    Huge comics fan,anime reviewer,animation watcher, I help run a Toonami site(you can follow it on Twitter @ToonamiNews)

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718