Page 26 of 100 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by CatChancey View Post
    :/ not too happy with what this pic might mean for characterization
    I assume you were trying to post that image where Anais and Nicole look dismayed in the background while Darwin, Gumball and Richard goof off, with the house a complete mess. I am somewhat concerned by that one as well, as I would like for the female characters to join in on the crazy antics and be just as “fun” as the male characters, but one image doesn’t dictate their personalities. As long as Anais and Nicole are entertaining characters in their own rights, the series will be fine, whether they participate in the craziness or not.

Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've seen the clips, and I've got to say that the show looks great. The multimedia aspect is great, what with the mixing of the 3D and 2D animations. Even the 2D animated characters are drawn differently from each other, and the 3D looks smooth, even though we haven't seen very much of it.

Hopefully the once the new site's up, it can offer a lot more information than CN can. Donald Glover's tweet should be able to spread awareness for Gumball. Fame can go a long way in these kinds of situations. Can't wait to see what your interview with Ben will reveal, Hunstman.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Whoa, props to Donald "Troy Barnes" Glover for the free promotion. Can we expect some Gumball references in the next season of Community?

As for the promotional pic, well... I'm just gonna cross my fingers that this is just CN's marketing division misrepresenting a show and it's characters (which I think they've done many times in the past). I'll say that this does nothing to resolve my fears about the mom-dad dynamic.
    Tumblr

"After all, I have no heart or time to spare."
    Mikasa Ackerman(SNK/AoT)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's it. Sorry I goof'd on hotlinking or some dagnabbed new fangled whatsit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Regarding that "controversial" image: Yes, the connotation there is obvious, but still, I'm willing to give the show's producers the benefit of the doubt.

Being an amateur writer of comedies myself, I know that there are times when you just can't help falling into predictable formulas. By now most of us have read the character descriptions, and we know what sorts of characters Nicole and Richard are; so a scenario like the one depicted in that pic above is hardly unexpected. Based on what I've seen and read, none of the male Watersons seem terribly responsible, but I'd only consider that a problem if the proceedings just degenerated into the female characters playing straight to the males all the time. As long as Nicole and Anais are allowed their share of zany moments and are likewise given opportunities to goof it up get some time in the spotlight, then I personally won't take issue with the characters falling into the typical 'Perfect Mom/Dopey Dad' dynamic. Formulas are fine if they're done well and are entertaining.

Anyways, thanks for continuing to leak these pics and info, Huntsman. I really wish CN would take a more proactive stance when it comes to promoting this show, but it is what it is. Can't wait to read the interview.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It would seem that there are only 36 episodes in the first season. Ben Locket and Neil Myers said as much, and they composed the music, and the show's entry page at the Annecy Awards confirms that there are only 36 episodes in the first season. That's unfortunate, but it still gives us eighteen half-hours worth of episodes. I figure Cartoon Network will probably air nine of those episodes in the spring and air the other nine in the fall, unless they decide to split up the premieres like they did with Chowder and Flapjack.

The second season will have 40 episodes, as was confirmed in a recent press release.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The UK website is now up; it has two new trailers at the moment and new descriptions for the main characters, "written" by Gumball himself. Hopefully they expand on that and provide similar descriptions for the other characters in the series.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The site looks nice, but it's a tad glitchy. The audio was missing from the second trailer (the one with Gumball in class), and I couldn't find the character descriptions at all.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    The site looks nice, but it's a tad glitchy. The audio was missing from the second trailer (the one with Gumball in class), and I couldn't find the character descriptions at all.
    When you go to watch the videos, they’re muted by default, so you’ll have to unmute them. As for the descriptions, you have to click on the characters to open up their mini-pages, which has the description as well as some icons and wallpapers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
    When you go to watch the videos, they’re muted by default, so you’ll have to unmute them. As for the descriptions, you have to click on the characters to open up their mini-pages, which has the description as well as some icons and wallpapers.
    Oh, OK. Thanks!

EDIT: That was great. Those character descriptions by Gumball of his family were cute. I wonder if that font the characters' names were printed in will ever go up for commercial sale. I'd like to own that font.