Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How the grinch stole christmas talkback

Like This Thread!
    You'r a mean mister grinch spmething something I dont know the words to this song .

FAhodoris wecome christmas bring you'r light.

Welcome christmas

It is the how the grinch stole christmas talkback.

Sharklady is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You can read a transcript of the Grinch song lyrics here:

http://www.everwonder.com/david/thegrinch/lyrics.html

ltnut is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw where The Grinch was shown on ABC tonight. I didn't get to see it, but does anyone know if it was the same special that was shown last year that was hosted by Tom Bergeron with clips of interviews of the widow of Dr. Seuss, Chuck Jones, etc?

ABC tried to pass this off last year as a 40th anniversary (of the TV special) special, but it actually was a recycled special from TNT in 1994 that originally hosted by Phil Hartman and appears in that version on the 50th anniversary (of the original publication of the book) DVD. The only difference that Phil Hartman's narration was replaced with Tom Bergeron's, which was almost identical word for word.

I thought that the special was good in itself when I first saw it on ABC last year, although I knew that Chuck Jones and Thurl Ravenscroft had both died a few years earlier, and I found out later that Albert Hague had also died, so I assumed that the show was pieced together from earlier interviews. What I thought was lousy though was when I found out from the DVD that the ABC show had been recycled from the earlier TNT special with the only difference being the change in the narrator from Phil Hartman to Tom Bergeron, presumably because Hartman had died, and also to replace him with someone from ABC.

Did ABC run this recycled special again?

PeppeRaskell1 is offline Roaster of Bad Piggies!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Watched it on WNEP-DT. It looked great (even though the picture would occasionally "pixellate"). Kept the CC on during the entire show to read the lyrics to all the songs.

I turned the show off just as the "Making of" documentary with Tom Bergeron came on (yeah, I thought it looked recycled, too!).
    "Legends never die. Networks kill them..."

"Crimefighters...don't cry...(HONK!)"

"あなたの弾丸は私に害を与えることができない。私の翼は鋼鉄の盾のようである!"

"This is my childhood. Don't mess with my childhood..."

"You just became part of a bigger universe. You just don't know it yet..."

Trevor is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just picked this special up on Blu-Ray. It is really a great Blu-Ray and highly recommended. Infact, I would recommend for people with only a DVD player to get the Blu-Ray, since the Blu-ray comes in a Combo pack with a Standard Definition DVD (its the same DVD from the 50th Anniversary pack, except that the disc says "Deluxe Edition" and the DVD also contains a "Digital Copy" file), so you can get the Standard and High-Definition versions for a low price. I paid about $28 CDN with tax for the Blu-Ray.

I've had the 2001 DVD release for a few years now, so this Blu-Ray was quite a suprise to see since the colors just seemed to "pop" right off my TV (which is a 4:3 TV, displaying about 600-700 interlaced lines, and is connected to my Blu-Ray via component video) and the special was in a 1.37:1 frame surrounded by black bars all around.