B.W.H. is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did Ruby Doo die in Scooby Doo?

Like This Thread!
    Well does anyone know what happened to her after she gave bith to Scrappy she looked sick if anyone can answer this question i really appreciate it.

Anthonynotes is offline PBS: We rock harder than MTV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Avoiding the easy crack about "being sick" after giving birth to Scrappy, the "Scrappy's birth" episode was the only episode to show Ruby Doo (presumably named after Ruby-Spears, the show's Hanna-Barbera-related animator at the time). No indication who Scrappy's dad is, either...

-B.

BrendaBat is offline WTF!?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Scrappy's birth was part of the show? I thought he just appeared one day. Which season did this take place in?
    Well does anyone know what happened to her after she gave bith to Scrappy she looked sick if anyone can answer this question i really appreciate it.
    My guess is that she dumped Scrappy with Scooby and the gang in order to save her sanity
    R.I.P. Irena Sendler
    2/15/1910 - 5/12/2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    >>Scrappy's birth was part of the show? I thought he just appeared one day. Which season did this take place in?
    <<

The episode with Scrappy's birth came along during the low point of the Scooby series, during the "Shag, Scoob and Scrappy running from real monsters for six minutes" seasons of the early 80's. The plot of this one: on Scrappy's birthday, Scoob and Shag reminisce on what happened the day that Scrappy was born....which basically consisted of the two running from some brutish looking hospital orderly for six minutes straight, IIRC...woo-hoo.
    Recall some scene with the newborn Scrappy wearing a bonnet and looking the same size as he is now (?!), along with the oddity that he seems to be the only pup we see (instead of being born as part of a litter of pups, as dogs normally would)...

>>
    My guess is that she dumped Scrappy with Scooby and the gang in order to save her sanity <<

Must've dumped the other pups in Scrappy's litter off-camera, too, then... maybe Ruby's a candidate for "Jerry Springer" or something ("Today's topic: Irresponsible or just plain lazy cartoon parents!") ;-p

-B.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

According to the schedules page...

The episode "Scrappy's Birthday" airs on Thursday, August 22 at 3 PM EST on KWB...so I guess you could catch this one yourself then.

-B.

zarius is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know a few dogs who've given their genetic sisters a good dozen puppys. How do we know Scooby HIMSELF is the father of Scrappy?

Artemis is offline For Great Justice!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Um, because Scrappy refers to Scooby as Uncle Scooby, not Dad? :\
    "The advance is hip right now, but the original has a place in my heart, unlike pocket which only had the plastic grey, though color had killer appies for things like the sewing machine, not much use for virtual anymore, huh."

DanniB is offline Behold the power of five
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if memory serves me right Ruby appeared in another scooby series (the one with Scooby-dum). She was an actress.

Is this right?
    ~Look for me at Fanfiction.net~

"Bloo having chicky tonight! So fingy lickee good!"~ Blooregard Q. Kazoo

"If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it." ~ Willy Wonka

RegulaOne is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i hear she committed suicide after about a month with scrappy.

His dad suicide-bombed Hanna-Barbera Studios in '81

Dub
    Dub is offline BOB-OMB!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Doo Dee Doo

Originally posted by DanniB
    if memory serves me right Ruby appeared in another scooby series (the one with Scooby-dum). She was an actress.

Is this right?
    Ruby Doo has appeared twice in Scooby continuity - once in the "Scrappy's Birthday" episode mentioned above by Brainatra and once in "A Pup Named Scooby Doo" as a younger version of herself. I believe it was the episode with the Haunted Dog Collar. I cant remember the episodes actual name so those who are fans of the show will have to give the episode.

The member of the Doo Family that YOURE thinking of is Scooby <b>Dee</b> - Scooby Doo and Dum's cousin who was a dog star in Hollywood and was....**ahem** hounded...(I'm sorry, I couldnt resist ^___^) by ex film star Milo Booth.

That was in the third Scooby series - the one right after the Doo Movies portion if I remember my chronology on that show right...

As far as whether she died. I always assumed that the case was either she was too sick to take care of Scrappy and thus left him with her younger brother Scooby or just got tired of taking care of the pup. Either way we were saddled with him :P

Dub's Not-So-Sexy Signature: Version 2.0!

http://chipandwalter.cartoonsdammit.com - Comics and blogs and artwork: OH MY!