Quantcast
    Cartoon Ruler is offline I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Possible Separate Forum for Boomerang?

Like This Thread!
    Since Boomerang will be rebranding as an ad-supported family animation network this fall, I've been wondering if Boom can get its own forum sometime soon. Since ads will arrive to the network soon, new, original and acquired programming will most likely be placed on Boom. Acquired programming will likely come when Boom rebrands first rather than original programming, but it still counts as new programming depending on how old they are.

Here are my ideas for a possible forum for Boom:

*Schedule updates and discussions
    *Talkbacks for new and upcoming shows
    *International thread for Boomerang around the world (there's already one here)
    *A thread focusing on the future impact of the new Boomerang
    *A wallpaper background similar to the Adult Swim/Toonami and the DC Animation forums have

Some will say yes to this, others will possibly say no, but IMO, this would be a good idea if Boom can establish a different identity from Cartoon Network (which I hope that happens and not being a CN clone). Discussions that focuses on older classics (Flintstones, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Mr. Magoo, Scooby-Doo, Looney Tunes, etc.) can still be discussed on this forum (the Retro forum) and may also be discussed on the Boom forum, but I'm expecting more talks on newer shows rather than the classics on that forum.

I personally agree with this idea, but I'm thrilled to see your opinions on this.
    Goodbye The Hub, Hello Boomerang!

Pac-Attack is offline Stupid!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I wouldn't make a forum just for Boomerang, but I would have Boomerang related crap covered in the CN forum.
    I don't have anything clever for my signature so whatever.

Dan's Revenge is offline Revengeful
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartoon Ruler View Post
    Since Boomerang will be re-branding as an ad-supported family animation network this fall, I've been wondering if Boom can get its own forum sometime soon. Since ads will arrive to the network soon, new, original and acquired programming will most likely be placed on Boom. Acquired programming will likely come when Boom re-brands first rather than original programming, but it still counts as new programming depending on how old they are.

Here are my ideas for a possible forum for Boom:

*Schedule updates and discussions
    *Talkbacks for new and upcoming shows
    *International thread for Boomerang around the world (there's already one here)
    *A thread focusing on the future impact of the new Boomerang
    *A wallpaper background similar to the Adult Swim/Toonami and the DC Animation forums have

Some will say yes to this, others will possibly say no, but IMO, this would be a good idea if Boom can establish a different identity from Cartoon Network (which I hope that happens and not being a CN clone). Discussions that focuses on older classics (Flintstones, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Mr. Magoo, Scooby-Doo, Looney Tunes, etc.) can still be discussed on this forum (the Retro forum) and may also be discussed on the Boom forum, but I'm expecting more talks on newer shows rather than the classics on that forum.

I personally agree with this idea, but I'm thrilled to see your opinions on this.
    Didn't think about placing an eventual new talk-back elsewhere. Maybe one of the mods will sport an idea to that the admins may think over, aside from any us regular users have. I have no idea myself. If anything, the admins could re-brand this very forum itself by name if they see it fit an care to. Something for Boomerang today (in regards to re-brand, not the current-current BOOM) and for classics. My theory on that idea, keeping it here, is because of you don't, the International Thread is 'almost' the only purpose, then what you're left with is few discussions of older cartoons here and there kind of frequent, and another forum just collecting dust so to speak. Even the international BOOMs are different today but they still exist here, which for being a regular user is fine with me, cause it keeps life into the thread, and there's already enough going on in the CN forum for CN itself that I can't see anything BOOM related heading there since both networks are separate -- and yes, I'm aware Nickelodeon, Nicktoons and TeenNick (90sAAT mostly) get covered in one folder, but since this forum already exists, I'd just say give it a new name. Something to cover Boomerang and anything classic.

I'll just see how the admins play it out. There could be a change, there could not, but I do like ideas you have. Especially for the talk-backs n such for the time ahead when there'd be a need/want.
    Formerly HUBTigers87 | Current DVD marathon: BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo (complete)

Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am. Only Toonami, on [as]

Goldstar Neo is offline Straight cash, homey!
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This suggestion is ironic, considering that the Retro Forum was originally the Boomerang Forum when I first joined TZ in 2007.

I think that whether or not the re-branded Boomerang channel needs it's own separate forum would depend on how much original programming will be airing on said channel. There could be talk backs for the premieres. However, if Boom's schedule is still going to be mostly repeats, then I don't think that there'd be any reason to separate, since this forum is already for discussing older cartoons.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' twisted take on the world of cartoons and all things geeky.

Francisque is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Most of the Boomerang European related discussion are out of place in the Retro Forum as most of the Euro Boom channels are not classic programming exclusive since a rather long time

Silverstar is offline Comfortably Dumb
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    If nothing else, the 2 could be combined, like how the Adult Swim forum is now the Adult Swim/Toonami forum. This could be made into the Boomerang/Retro forum (or the Retro/Boomerang forum, whichever way the mods prefer).
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Francisque is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    If nothing else, the 2 could be combined, like how the Adult Swim forum is now the Adult Swim/Toonami forum. This could be made into the Boomerang/Retro forum (or the Retro/Boomerang forum, whichever way the mods prefer).
    Exactly, as I think most Boomerang discussion would be overshadowed in the CN section

Cartoon Ruler is offline I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Actually, I kinda agree with Goldstar Neo. I don't see no point in separating two forums if Boom's schedule will probably consist of mostly repeats (maybe with a few new acquisitions aside), seeing how Turner hasn't ordered an original series for Boom.

Until a new Boom original series debuts, I'll rather see the forum's name change from "Retro: Classic Cartoons" to "Boomerang/Retro Animation Forum" or something similar to that, kinda like Silverstar mentioned. Maybe add a schedule thread here and talkbacks for Boom's acquisitions (if they is any).

A rebrand for this forum would be fair enough for now, IMO.
    Goodbye The Hub, Hello Boomerang!

Goldstar Neo is offline Straight cash, homey!
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    An ad supported channel will definitely have 3rd party acquisitions. Even with the entire Cartoon-Cartoons library, there still wouldn't be enough in-house productions for a 24 hour schedule. There will be some original programming also, as ad support will automatically create the need for new and original programs.

As for this forum, I like Silverstar's idea of combining the Boomerang Forum with the Retro Forum. Having the Boom forum as part of the Cartoon Network Forum would be a bad idea, I think, because the Boomerang related topics would get overshadowed by the CN threads, like Francisque said.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' twisted take on the world of cartoons and all things geeky.