Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Kevin is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    It's about time! I hope along with the rebrand Boomerang gets a much wider distribution since it still has a very limited distribution in the States compared to the rest of the world. I really hope Boomerang USA will both get all new bumpers and a more diversified lineup since they've been showing the same bumpers ever since the channel launched and their schedule has been airing a lot of the same shows.

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by classictoonami View Post
    it'd be nice if they pull a classic toonami on us
    That would really depend on which audience they're aiming for and which shows they can/could acquire for it. Most of the shows which aired on Toonami were licensed 3rd party acquisitions, meaning that Cartoon Network had to pay licensees' fees for the rights to air the shows which aired on the block, and Turner has since let the broadcasting rights to most of Toonami's signature shows expire, so Boom can't have a Toonami that runs every show that used to air on Cartoon Network's Toonami, because CN has since lost the broadcasting rights to most of those shows. There's also the matter of which viewership the channel is trying to attract; I don't see Turner re-acquiring the likes of Yu Yu Hakusho for a channel that's supposed to be aimed at families.

I don't doubt we'll get something action-oriented, but I don't know about a return of classic Toonami. Maybe a souped-up Boomeraction could happen.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    more yogi bear for me, i want to see yo, yogi during the re-brand

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's a few more suggestions for Da Boom rebrand:

Pinky & the Brain: I say another network can get a show owned by Steven Spielberg or even Warner Bros. (besides Hub Network). Viacom and the Mouse House aren't interesting in acquiring nostalgia. Turner is at least a possibly. With that said, Pinky & the Brain comes to mind. I could see it pairing up with, say Dexter's Laboratory.

Space Goofs: I know Goldstar mentioned that the FOX Kids library are owned by Disney, but IMO this is a one of the decent French cartoons I've ever enjoyed. Plus with a film currently being produced, now's the good time to re-air SG to promote its film.

The Bugs Bunny Show: A long-running cartoon from WB that aired on ABC. I think it deserves a second chance after not being seen in the light of the day for 14 years.

ReBoot: This show was notable for being the first CGI cartoon. Maybe it'll fit nicely on a "souped-up" Boomeraction (as Silverstar called it).

Yvon of the Yukon: I've seen a few episodes of this show on YouTube and I thought it was decent. I've learned that it came from YTV Canada and was never shown in the US. It was a success over there, so maybe it could entertainment and educate this new generation of kids.

Full House: Turner has the rights and TBS is currently airing the show. Boomerang doesn't have the word 'toon' in it, so I don't mind having a little live action here and there. FH seems family oriented enough for a run a Boom.

Bob and Margaret: A British/Canadian cartoon sitcom that is tame enough for a early evening run. Good animation and a great character development.

Donkey Kong Country: The franchise is still popular, so why not?

Want The Life & Times of Juniper Lee make its comeback to Boomerang? Sign this petition here!

Goldstar Neo is offline I like the streaks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CartoonRuler
    Pinky & the Brain: I say another network can get a show owned by Steven Spielberg or even Warner Bros. (besides Hub Network). Viacom and the Mouse House aren't interesting in acquiring nostalgia. Turner is at least a possibly. With that said, Pinky & the Brain comes to mind. I could see it pairing up with, say Dexter's Laboratory.
    It's not so much nostalgia as it is that Viacom and Disney don't like to lend out their original properties to competing network. They prefer to keep them exclusive. You weren't going to see Pinky and the Brain on a Disney owned channel anyway. That's about as likely as seeing a Disney Afternoon show airing on Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon, which is to say, not at all likely. Turner could conceivably acquire P&tB for Boomerang, but they'd have to pay for the episodes and fill out a contract for them just like any other company.

Space Goofs: I know Goldstar mentioned that the FOX Kids library are owned by Disney, but IMO this is a one of the decent French cartoons I've ever enjoyed. Plus with a film currently being produced, now's the good time to re-air SG to promote its film.
    I honestly don't know what's happening with the Stupid Invaders/Space Goofs movie. The one trailer has been floating around the internet for about 3 years now. I don't know if that film is even finished yet, let alone whether or not there are any plans for a U.S.release (mind you, the trailer did use the American voice actors) Anyway, none of that changes the fact that Disney still owns the Fox Kids library and they'd sooner sit on those shows than allow a competing network to profit from them.
    Last edited by Goldstar Neo; 02-16-2014 at 10:31 PM.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

ILDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar Neo View Post
    I honestly don't know what's happening with the Stupid Invaders/Space Goofs movie. The one trailer has been floating around the internet for about 3 years now. I don't know if that film is even finished yet, let alone whether or not there are any plans for a U.S.release (mind you, the trailer did use the American voice actors) Anyway, none of that changes the fact that Disney still owns the Fox Kids library and they'd sooner sit on those shows than allow a competing network to profit from them.
    Did Saban/Fox actually produce the show, or was it just an acquisition? Even if it wasn't an acquisition, the show looks like it could be licensed out if someone really wanted it. When it comes to Disney, only its current "core brands" are really off limits to outsiders.

Goldstar Neo is offline I like the streaks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDC View Post
    Did Saban/Fox actually produce the show, or was it just an acquisition? Even if it wasn't an acquisition, the show looks like it could be licensed out if someone really wanted it. When it comes to Disney, only its current "core brands" are really off limits to outsiders.
    Space Goofs was produced by the Gaumont Film Company in the shows' 1st season and Gunther-Wahl and Xilam Studios in it's 2nd season.

Just for the record, I suppose it would be possible for Turner to acquire the reruns of Space Goofs from Disney, since SG isn't a Disney production and as such doesn't feature any of the Mouse House's trademark characters. However, airing the series as a cross promotion for the movie seems iffy, since we the only evidence I've seen of the movie is a single trailer that's a couple of years old now. We don't know if the movie is still going to happen, let alone if there any plans for a U.S. release. Keep in mind also that SG wasn't a monster hit on Fox Kids, only a moderate hit, and the series has been off the air for so long now that it may be cheaper for Turner to acquire the show, since there's not a huge demand for it here in the States.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartoon Ruler
    The Bugs Bunny Show: A long-running cartoon from WB that aired on ABC. I think it deserves a second chance after not being seen in the light of the day for 14 years.
    The Bugs Bunny Show has aired variously on both ABC and CBS in prime time and on Saturday mornings from 1960 to around 2000, IIRC. Thing is, the "show" was really just a compilation of the theatrical shorts, with the only "new" material being the opening sequences, bumpers and title cards. So in a sense, Boomerang (and Cartoon Network, for that matter) are already airing The Bugs Bunny Show.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 02-17-2014 at 09:10 AM.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartoon Ruler View Post
    Here's a few more suggestions for Da Boom rebrand:

ReBoot: This show was notable for being the first CGI cartoon. Maybe it'll fit nicely on a "souped-up" Boomeraction (as Silverstar called it).

Yvon of the Yukon: I've seen a few episodes of this show on YouTube and I thought it was decent. I've learned that it came from YTV Canada and was never shown in the US. It was a success over there, so maybe it could entertainment and educate this new generation of kids.

Full House: Turner has the rights and TBS is currently airing the show. Boomerang doesn't have the word 'toon' in it, so I don't mind having a little live action here and there. FH seems family oriented enough for a run a Boom.

Bob and Margaret: A British/Canadian cartoon sitcom that is tame enough for a early evening run. Good animation and a great character development.

Donkey Kong Country: The franchise is still popular, so why not?
    Bob & Margaret is one of those 3rd party acquisitions Silverstar was talking about that CN lost a while ago. I am not sure about its ratings the first time around, but I doubt seriously if Turner would bring that back into the fold. Donkey Kong Country aired on Fox (Now ABC) Family, so I don't think Da Boom'll get that. Full House airs on Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite. End of story there. Bugs Bunny's primetime show simply repackaged the old shorts with new dressing and framing sequences. Since CN/Boomerang has a large chunk of those shorts already, this ain't happening. Since Animaniacs, Pinky & the Brain's parent show, is on the Hub, chances are they'd get first call on Pinky. Reboot? Dunno.

Dr.Pepper is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Maybe once they become ad supported, my cable package would actually start carrying it. Anyways these are some wishes I have:
    *Still airing some older, popular shows such as Scooby Doo, The Flintstones, and Loony Tunes.
    *Air some older CN originals such Dexter's, PPG, and EEnE
    *Have a Nick @ Nite style block that plays stuff like Gilligan's Island
    *Get some new bumpers and possibly a new name
    *Don't play (or hardly ever play) any shows that CN airs heavily
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors