Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by ILDC View Post
    Plus the DiC catalog now has a new owner: DHX.
    And yet Dennis the Menace kinda follows the same split ownership like Rocky & Bullwinkle, where the broadcast rights differ from that of the main IP.
    FREE CARTOONS ARE A BASIC HUMAN RIGHT!

Toon Master is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Do we have any idea when this rebrand is going to happen and does anyone think it's likely that we seen a new logo?
    Hahahahahahaha, wahohohohohohohohohohohoho....hahahahaha..ha........

Goldstar Neo is offline Dat's cold, bro!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon Master View Post
    Do we have any idea when this rebrand is going to happen and does anyone think it's likely that we seen a new logo?
    An official date hasn't been announced yet, but presumably, it's going to happen after March 31st, which is the date when Boomerang Latin America is scheduled to re-brand. As for the logo, I read that Turner wants a unified branding, so it's likely that Boomerang U.S. will be changing to the European Boom logo.

The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar Neo View Post
    An official date hasn't been announced yet, but presumably, it's going to happen after March 31st, which is the date when Boomerang Latin America is scheduled to re-brand. As for the logo, I read that Turner wants a unified branding, so it's likely that Boomerang U.S. will be changing to the European Boom logo.

Not a bad logo indeed!
    FREE CARTOONS ARE A BASIC HUMAN RIGHT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In this interview with Stu Snyder, he announced that the rebrand will actually take place in the fourth quarter of 2014, not in March or April.
    (http://www.worldscreen.com/articles/...cartoonnetwork)

Looney Tunes Fan is offline Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really do truly hope that the original Boomerang logo is kept. I don't want the European logo to come to the US. For almost 14 years, the Boomerang channel in the US has had the logo that resembles, well, an actual Boomerang. The logo really does signify a nostalgic feel to it. I know that the channel will likely not stay completely classic cartoons with advertisements, but the least they could do is to keep their creative logo that has made it's identity iconic, imo.
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't mind the current logo, but at the same time I won't miss it if it goes away. I'd be OK with the European logo.

-According to Snyder in that article, Cartoon Network will remain focused on boys, while Boomerang will focus on younger audiences, girls and families. Sucks that we have to wait so long for the rebrand, but at least we have an idea of what kind of programming we can expect.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

Nexonius is offline Formerly John Dorian
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Huh, Boomerang's skewering girls? Very interesting.

DonkeyKongSong is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexonius View Post
    Huh, Boomerang's skewering girls? Very interesting.
    Well, they did experiment with that Puppy in My Pocket show...

Martin Juneau is offline Cartoon/comic-artist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if they will air Junipee Lee with this rebranding if they want to target girls. But my real hope is the new Boomerang will held a better impact than any Canadians re-brands i have seen in years. As long they keep Looney Tunes, i'm fine for a major rebrand who deserve one. :anime:
    I like any kinds of arts forms who exist, but the ones who catch my attention is the ones i mostly care.

HUBTigers87 is offline Michyl
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like a home for Totally Spies for a girl audience if they go with that
    Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am, only Toonami, on [as] | MLB Spring Training

Survivors. | 1000th post: 3/13/14 @ 1:16am

josie is offline Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    You should be happy and enjoy classic Boom a bit longer before it turns into who knows whay. That "young audiences/girl oriented" description sounds like the mess Boom turned into in most international markets.

RandomMe is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    You should be happy and enjoy classic Boom a bit longer before it turns into who knows whay. That "young audiences/girl oriented" description sounds like the mess Boom turned into in most international markets.
    The same is true to what happened to the version we used to get until 2013 (we don't get it no more). I watched a lot of Boomerang when I first got that channel back in 2008 and really noticed the changes throughout the years. I even complained about the fact that the hannel only aired four to five classic cartoons before I stopped getting the channel.

Goldstar Neo is offline Dat's cold, bro!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That description kind of sounds the Hub Network to me, and since I'm watching The Hub more than Cartoon Network presently, that doesn't sound too bad to me, especially in lieu of finding out that Cartoon Network is going to continue being the boys' club that it is now. But since I've been burned before with re-brands (the G4/Tech TV merger comes to mind), I'm being cautiously optimistic.

Also, I've been bored with classic Boom for some time now. I stopped watching the channel a couple of years ago. At this point, I'm looking forward to any kind of change in Boom's schedule.
    Last edited by Goldstar Neo; 03-08-2014 at 10:37 AM.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

Pac-Attack is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So they are gonna have girl-esc programming too.....I'm a bit mixed. Mainly because CN should cater both girls and boys and I hope that the girl shows will hopefully be something other than the toyetic/magical girl/girly-girl shows and that they don't spam those. You know, if Boom is gonna have original programs, it be cool if they greenlit the shows CN doesn't want similarly to how Disney XD does. Because I wouldn't want them to handle original programming like Nicktoons where they are co-productions that only last one or two seasons. Either way, this sounds like the European Booms.
    "I got a crap on deck that could choke a donkey."

CoolEric158 is online now Sibling Rivalry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So Boomerang is planning to become Hub Network 2.0? Interesting. To be fair, I'd want a balance of all demographics, but stuff like this has happened for decades and will continue to happen forever, as money's more important, so I'm satisfied with the rebrand as it is. It at least gives me an excuse to watch Boomerang again after I realized that watching repeats are lame, and my providers dropped it.
    Thinking of something to write down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Boom rebranding as a network targeting preschoolers, girls and families kinda reminds me of the gender split between Disney Channel and Disney XD. I assume CN will be like XD while Boom will be like TDC. Interesting.

Maybe this means that Turner will create another preschool block made for Boom instead of CN. Maybe it'll do well on that network.

As long as some of the classics stay (keep shows like The Flintstones, The Jetsons, The Smurfs, Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry and Scooby-Doo, since they're still popular), I wouldn't mind having girl-esc shows on the new rebrand, since CN will still be targeting boys after Synder leaves.

But I really wish the brand happens, like now.

Go visit my new blog, Cartoon Central for reviews, games, fun and more!

Pogorikifan24 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While I really like the fact that we're finally seeing some girl-centric content being involved now.. I still kinda don't understand on why they could've just mixed their content into Cartoon Network (instead of still being with the whole "demographic" method). But hey, I'm not too disappointed.. it's a good thing that Boomerang will soon get it's rebrand, and will finally take a new step for the channel including some fair mixture.

Now with Boomerang going for "girl-centric" priorities for the channel.. something tells me that "Totally Spies" will finally be airing on the channel with it's new episode or something.

josie is offline Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Is Lazy Town aired on any US kids network? If not, then I'm sure you'll be getting that one, its Boom's main staple internationally, just like that Puppy in my Pocket mess used to be.

RandomMe is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Is Lazy Town aired on any US kids network? If not, then I'm sure you'll be getting that one, its Boom's main staple internationally, just like that Puppy in my Pocket mess used to be.
    As of the time I'm writing this, Nickelodeon's Play Date block and Nick Jr.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast