Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonynotes View Post
    Could see Turner strong-arming the other Boomerangs outside the US into using our version of the logo ("US is the original! So it's our version over yours!"), but then, the plan to reboot Boomerang sounds more in line with some non-US versions of Boomerang (which resemble the US' The Hub network, the channel the rebooted-US-Boomerang probably wants to go mano-a-mano with), so the non-US Boomerang logo might be appropriate. Then again, minimalist logos seem popular these days (easier to stick in the corner of the screen perpetually), which the US logo would work well for.

Red Arrow: Is the "parts of Europe and pan-African/Middle Eastern" version of Boomerang the one Belgium gets? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boomerang_%28EMEA%29

Interesting to see the multiple variations of Boomerang available globally...

And yes, the logo doesn't matter as much as having some variety/attention paid to the channel...
    I'm more in favor of retaining the original logo, largely because it isn't quite as intrusive as the international version would be, though the latter can be made transparent, like other networks do with theirs.

RandomMe is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbyfan View Post
    I'm more in favor of retaining the original logo, largely because it isn't quite as intrusive as the international version would be, though the latter can be made transparent, like other networks do with theirs.
    Would you like to see the European look, only less childish and with the original logo?
    I'd like to add some more details: the music. It's annoying on the European/Australian/Thai look and it sounds very childish too.

RegularCapital is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomMe View Post
    Would you like to see the European look, only less childish and with the original logo? I'd like to add some more details: the music. It's annoying on the European/Australian/Thai look and it sounds very childish too.
    Childish? It's a channel aimed at Children and Adults who want to release their inner child, what do you expect? I did keep in consideration of a new global Boomerang brand, but like I said I'm not bothered by the logo (even though I do like the original American logo) unless it looks presentable and the current European version of the logo fulfills that requirement.

MattBoo is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So, Boomerang (USA) Is Rebranding This Fall...

Well, Stuart Snyder is retiring from Cartoon Network by the time April comes. And with this he said to us following his retirement interview regarding Boomerang's future...

"It's [Boomerang's] truly one of the most beloved networks by parents and younger kids. We started doing a little bit more research on the network last year. Boomerang was voted the most beloved network by parents in the 2013 Harris Poll. We started thinking about everything that is going on in the marketplace and it makes a lot of sense for Boomerang to be fully embraced as a family co-viewing network. We are doing that on a global basis. We are looking at a re-branding that will take place in the fourth quarter of 2014 and we are very excited about it. We think it's a great complement to Cartoon Network, where Cartoon Network is boy-skewing, here Boomerang will be younger-skewing, girls and offer co-viewing for families."

...I'm not gonna go all apes[plzdon'tban]t like I did on that Uncle Grandpa first thoughts forum I made months ago, seeing as that I personally thought the show itself was okay (although I grew out of it a while ago and moved on to Whatever Happened to... Robot Jones? some more). But, I will say this. Seeing as that its rivals, Nicktoons, and Disney XD are focused on boys aged 2-11, a girl 2-11 age demographic for Boomerang? Not a very wise move.

But on the other hand, it is struggling to have more availability and it did try to become ad-supported already (for about 2 weeks). And then again...

...yeeeah, speaks for itself... No offense to those who DID enjoy Puppy in My Pocket, yet at the time when it aired on Boomerang it still focused on classic cartoons and that caused a lot of fits online.

But I think this might qualify as a good thing too, seeing as that hopefully this decision will help Boomerang catch on in the world of cable programming and have more cable systems picking it up than before. Let's just hope it doesn't affect any old Hanna-Barbera cartoons or Cartoon Cartoons on the official schedule lineup. I mean, they began airing Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy and Camp Lazlo and put back Pixie & Dixie, Josie and the Pussycats, Speed Buggy, and Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm on the air by the time 2014 started.

I can assume that many of the Hanna-Barbera cartoons and a number of the Cartoon Cartoons will still remain on Boomerang's rotation despite these upcoming changes due to the co-viewing for families deal or whatever, so I'm not gonna worry too much about that.

But I am not looking forward for more shows like Puppy in My Pocket or reruns of it for most of the preschool/afternoon hours. Given, there is The Powerpuff Girls. Eh, whatever. I still have hopes.

But enough of what I think, what do YOU think? Please reply as I show you this pointless GIF.

~MattBoo
    Last edited by MattBoo; 03-16-2014 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Text color is too bright

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Seriously? Don't we have a thread about this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomMe View Post
    Seriously? Don't we have a thread about this?
    There might. I was just minding my own business when I posted this.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattBoo View Post
    There might. I was just minding my own business when I posted this.
    I even posted a link to it! You should probably pay more attention to the forums.

Ducktales Fan is offline Classic Television Fan Here
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope this means that we will see more classic live-action programming on there besides Banana Splits and the October offerings, The Munsters and The Addams Family. I am certainly crossing my fingers.

Goldstar Neo is offline I like the streaks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducktales Fan View Post
    I hope this means that we will see more classic live-action programming on there besides Banana Splits and the October offerings, The Munsters and The Addams Family. I am certainly crossing my fingers.
    Based on what we've read so far, this "new" Boomerang channel's primary focus is going to be girls, younger children and parents. I interpret this to mean that Boom's daytime hours will mostly be kid focused, so old-school live action shows such The Beverly Hillbillies and Gomer Pyle USMC aren't likely to turn up during those hours. Kids today with their Twitters, Facebooks, XBoxes, iPhones and interwebz have shorter attention spans than ever before, and something like The Andy Griffith Show isn't likely to keep young butts in seats. Of course, with any kid focused channel, there's always the question of what that channel is going to air at night after the kids have gone to bed. I'm thinking that if Boom is going to air old-school live action programming, it will likely air them during the night time hours.

What they air also depends on what Turner can air and what the studio is able to acquire.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar Neo View Post
    Based on what we've read so far, this "new" Boomerang channel's primary focus is going to be girls, younger children and parents. I interpret this to mean that Boom's daytime hours will mostly be kid focused, so old-school live action shows such The Beverly Hillbillies and Gomer Pyle USMC aren't likely to turn up during those hours. Kids today with their Twitters, Facebooks, XBoxes, iPhones and interwebz have shorter attention spans than ever before, and something like The Andy Griffith Show isn't likely to keep young butts in seats. Of course, with any kid focused channel, there's always the question of what that channel is going to air at night after the kids have gone to bed. I'm thinking that if Boom is going to air old-school live action programming, it will likely air them during the night time hours.
    Oh, yeah, like Nick@Nite. Live-action shows won't be very common on Boomerang now OR after the rebrand OR in general despite October, etc., Ducktales Fan. More likely you'll catch Hanna-Barbera, Cartoon Cartoons, and mainly rehashed, girly 30 minute toy commercials of yesteryear. If you want live-action on BOOMERANG, chances are The Banana Splits or The Addams Family are the closest you'll ever get.