Quantcast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    "Doyng" - of course not, why would you think they would do that if the DVD only focuses on Captain Caveman & the Teen Angels?

~Ben
    Last edited by ClassicTVMan1981; 12-03-2013 at 12:34 AM.

Eric B is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyng View Post
    I'm aware of the logos from both seasons and the S3 music replacement (C.B. Bears theme).I watched half of the eps already. Thanks for your input, Ben.

What my question is was there any replay of the original opening credits from S1 of Scooby's All Star Laff-a-Lympics that aired on ABC? I did notice that on the end credits from S1 was cut short (ditto for S2, since I did see the original full end credit sequence of the pilot episode from S1 from the episode Quebec/Baghdad which I caught on an CN airing of Boomerang, 1978 years ago). I know Hanna-Barbera would replay some of the opening credits, THEN go straight to the end credits with a still picture (examples of this: Superfriends' early seasons, Inch High, Goober, The New Scooby Doo Movies, and even Ruby Spears: Heathcliff and Marmaduke, and Goldie Gold & Thundarr) If anyone else remembers it, please feel free to share.
    You don't mean "opening credits", you mean opening sequence, right?

I don't think Laffalympcs ever reused any of the opening sequence. For it begins with Snagglepuss introducing the whole concept, which wouldn't make sense in a closing sequence. The original closing, as far as I remember, may have had the same musical sequence, but never Snagglepuss talking. I don't think it showed any of the other scenes either. I think it was just that orange or confetti-like background HB was using in those years.

Now, World's Greatest Superfriends (1979) is another one that instantly comes to mind that closes with the beginning of the opening sequence (minus the narration) before going intot he credits.
    Aww, isn't that cute?
    But it's WRONG!!!
    -Mr. H

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    You don't mean "opening credits", you mean opening sequence, right?

I don't think Laffalympcs ever reused any of the opening sequence. For it begins with Snagglepuss introducing the whole concept, which wouldn't make sense in a closing sequence. The original closing, as far as I remember, may have had the same musical sequence, but never Snagglepuss talking. I don't think it showed any of the other scenes either. I think it was just that orange or confetti-like background HB was using in those years.

Now, World's Greatest Superfriends (1979) is another one that instantly comes to mind that closes with the beginning of the opening sequence (minus the narration) before going intot he credits.
    Eric,

What he's talking about is whether or not the CC&tTA episodes ever had the ENTIRE closing sequences from SAS(LAL) and I said no... on the DVD, the 1977 and 1978 episodes it fades in from the "Executive Producers" credit (the explosion background).

~Ben

Doyng is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyng View Post
    I've recently purchased the Captain Caveman DVD. Just a quick question:

In the S1 end credits of Scooby's All Star Laff-a-Lympics, does the end credits start with a short replay of the opening title? (as HB did with The All New Superfriends Hour and earlier shows from the 70's) or do we see the same portion from the 1978 credits from Scooby's All Stars where Scooby Doo and Captain Caveman appear in the same scene in a haunted area?
    To clear up the confusion, friends: I know that on the DVD set there are no traces of the replay of the main title opening sequences (of SASLAL). It only starts at the "Executive Producers" card with the yellow fireworks background.I know for a fact the SASLAL reference was cut out on the set and possibly for any future syndication airings (Cavey and The Teen Angels). Originally, my question was does anyone remember if there were any scenes of the end titles for S1 of SASLAL from watching the ABC airings (not the sub main titles of Laff-A-Lympics with Snagglepuss introducing the teams that we see when LAL airs as a stand alone series,)?

I'm curious to know since I was only a baby when it debuted and obviously too young to recall. Thank you all for your input. Someone must know what it looked like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's why syndication kills block shows... sorry to burst, but it's true.

~Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12