ThatSlyB is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Boomerang Christmas Party

Like This Thread!
    What's the deal? Last year they had 4 hours a day leading up to Christmas Eve packed with specials, Christmas Eve packed with specials, and Christmas Day saw Christmas specials from 6 AM to 11 PM.

What's the deal this year? Specials on in the morning only during December? I thought atleast I'd get to watch some on the Eve and on Christmas Day, but it seems they aren't even airing any specials on these two days! Not even a morning block!
    Anyone know what the deal is? I'm incredibly disappointed. Cartoon Network no longer airs any of those Christmas Specials.

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Christmas Party got more boring every year. I remember the last time I watched it, which was a couple of years ago. It was like every time I tuned into Boomerang, they played the same shows over and over and over... There was no variety, and they showed even LESS specials every Christmas Eve.

They FINALLY had a few new things listed in last year's schedule, then they pulled it.

I guess CN finally had an epiphany and realized the 24-hour party had run its course. I don't blame them; there's not nearly enough material to sustain a full-day marathon (heck, not even a QUARTER of a day) anymore.

Anthonynotes is offline PBS: We rock harder than MTV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Think they *do* have enough material to air an extended holiday marathon---it's just that they're probably stuck in the same "air as little variety as possible" mindset the rest of the schedule's in.
    Visit my other online spots:
    My blog, covering technology, comics, and animation, plus my weekly
    minorities in cartoons feature!
    Twitter

ThatSlyB is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikun View Post
    The Christmas Party got more boring every year. I remember the last time I watched it, which was a couple of years ago. It was like every time I tuned into Boomerang, they played the same shows over and over and over... There was no variety, and they showed even LESS specials every Christmas Eve.

They FINALLY had a few new things listed in last year's schedule, then they pulled it.

I guess CN finally had an epiphany and realized the 24-hour party had run its course. I don't blame them; there's not nearly enough material to sustain a full-day marathon (heck, not even a QUARTER of a day) anymore.
    But the thing with Boomerang is everyone is watching it to see the shows they saw when they were young. I could watch the same Christmas special every year and still love it. It's Christmas, no one is watching normal programming. People want to see Christmas themed shows, especially with cartoons.