Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Daikun is online now Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Should Cartoon Planet come to Boomerang?

Like This Thread!
    Since Cartoon Network recently revived Cartoon Planet for its 20th anniversary, I feel that they should at least seize the opportunity to capitalize on the original series.

For years, I've thought that CP was a perfect fit for Boomerang. It's the tamest of the Williams Street shows; it's more kid-friendly without trudging into the Adult Swim territory that they're known for today.

I think it would be nice if they aired the classic series, and maybe sprinkle some of the new 2012 segments throughout the network. It would add a bit of variety to what seems like a stagnating network.

Cyberville Outcast is offline The Busiest Lazy Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd keep the premieres of the Cartoon Planet revival on Cartoon Network simply because not everyone gets Boomerang. Though I believe Boomerang can be used for all rerun episodes of Cartoon Planet (both from the old and revival series) at certain days of the week, it doesn't have to be everyday (especially considering that they are already airing shows like Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, and Cow and Chicken in their entirety, if only they rerun ALL the episodes from those said series). Still, it wouldn't hurt Boomerang to also give shows like Foster's Home and Chowder full half-hour slots on its lineup.

Dan's Revenge is offline Revengeful
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'd be such a fan of that! The only catch in the rights to it are clips of the shows seen in it, but once that's out of the way, let it happen!

If they were to bring it, I'd say give it 2 slots everyday or at least, 2 weekdays, 1 weekend. For example, on weekdays, test it at noon or 12:30, and either in the 7pm hour or 9pm hour, like 9:30pm. Perhaps even play it late (with the return of something else, like 2 Stupid Dogs) and give Wacky Races/Penelope Pitstop an over-highly needed break. So either 2:30am or 3am for another encore. Let CP play for something like 5 rotations just to get it a good span.

Last time it was on a daily lineup, was around 2005-2006, when [as] played it at 5:00am. Didn't enjoy that run though, cause I always slept, but did tape it ~

Just to go nostalgic here, when I first remember seeing it, it was on Friday nights at 11pm, before SGC2C (what an awesome hour that was) as well as Saturdays at noon. It also played late-late Sunday nights (3am range), didn't catch it there, though perhaps taped it there once. The Saturdays at noon though, for a series like that, really felt, like CN. Late 90s~

PC!
    PC! is offline lolwut?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No doubt it would take a great deal of time to edit out the copyrighted clips and music they can no longer use. I think that's what's prevented the show from being rerun for so many years.

My webcomic: Zack and Zeke

A heartwarming nonsensical tale comedy of friendship errors between a boy moron and his sarcastic alien

Silverstar is offline Pac It Up!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    If Turner could find a way around the copyrighted clips and music without it being a problem (either by simply removing them and/or replacing them with other clips and songs), then I'd be all for that. It would finally give me a reason to watch Boomerang again.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What might they not be able to air? It was on Adult Swim about 3 or 4 years ago right? It was made with Turner resources so what was included that Turner can no longer air? I honestly do not remember.

I'm all for it and pre-AS Space Ghost C2C or even the AS episodes if they can swing it. Would not mind Home Movies either but the other old AS originals have a lot less half hours and cycle in "enough" and should remain on AS.
    Last edited by Sketch; 04-15-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Silverstar is offline Pac It Up!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yes. I'd totally be down with the original Space Ghost: Coast to Coast airing on Boomerang, though some of the earlier shows like "The Mask" or "BatMantis" would possibly have to be skipped due to the celebrity guests or their studios and/or estates blocking them, which is also why those episodes didn't make it to DVD. That and CP would add some much needed spice and variety to Boom, though I fear that this is destined to be nothing more than a pipe dream, like Megas or Foster's coming to Boom. It's such a good idea that Turner will likely never consider it.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Eric B is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I say YES!!!
    Been waiting for it for years!
    Aww, isn't that cute?
    But it's WRONG!!!
    -Mr. H

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yes... I quite like the idea of airing Cartoon Planet and Space Ghost C2C on Boomerang. Perhaps each could book-end the late night action block.

I'd like less redundancy in prime time as well. Perhaps The Flintstones and The Jetsons in late PT followed by Cartoon Planet and some midnight action and finish off with SGC2C leading into a late night comedy block with vintage material and the quirkier comedies they have laying around.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Classic guy is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They need to bring back the old school Cartoon Planet since it was the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast