Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    Ioz
    Ioz is offline Master of Mer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fat Albert & the Cosby Kids complete series coming in July

Like This Thread!

Fat Albert & the Cosby Kids Complete Series is coming July 31st from Shout! Factory according to Amazon.

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Complete Series"? Are we talking about EVERY episode of the show (i.e., up to the final episode in 1984) in one massive (and likely to be too expensive) DVD set, or is it just the "complete series" of "Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids" specifically*?

*There were two later incarnations, both of which aired new episodes: "The New Fat Albert Show" (which premiered on CBS a few years later), and "The Adventures of Fat Albert and Cosby Kids" (which aired in U.S. syndication in 1984). It should also be noted that while neither of them were retitled rerun packages, at least the latter one included the syndicated debuts of the older episodes. If the DVD release worked this way, we would have three sets; one for each incarnation.

UPDATE: According to this article from TV Shows on DVD (and judging from the shape of the box), it's a 16 episode set, which means it will likely have all 110 episodes of the series (i.e., all 3 incarnations in their entirety). However, the article also states that they don't know if it will also include the specials as well. It's also unknown at this time what extras it will have (if any), or even if Bill Cosby will have any kind of involvement.
    Last edited by Mandouga; 04-07-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Looney Tunes Fan is offline Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandouga View Post
    "Complete Series"? Are we talking about EVERY episode of the show (i.e., up to the final episode in 1984) in one massive (and likely to be too expensive) DVD set, or is it just the "complete series" of "Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids" specifically*?

*There were two later incarnations, both of which aired new episodes: "The New Fat Albert Show" (which premiered on CBS a few years later), and "The Adventures of Fat Albert and Cosby Kids" (which aired in U.S. syndication in 1984). It should also be noted that while neither of them were retitled rerun packages, at least the latter one included the syndicated debuts of the older episodes. If the DVD release worked this way, we would have three sets; one for each incarnation.

UPDATE: According to this article from TV Shows on DVD (and judging from the shape of the box), it's a 16 episode set, which means it will likely have all 110 episodes of the series (i.e., all 3 incarnations in their entirety). However, the article also states that they don't know if it will also include the specials as well. It's also unknown at this time what extras it will have (if any), or even if Bill Cosby will have any kind of involvement.

Hmm. Looks like your adress is out of wack. Let's try this one: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fat...e-Series/16781

And here's an update article: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fat...e-Series/16802
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php

Ioz
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They said on twitter that the specials aren't on there. Too bad. Have all the specials been released previously?

Looney Tunes Fan is offline Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ioz View Post
    They said on twitter that the specials aren't on there. Too bad. Have all the specials been released previously?
    Yes. The Halloween and Easter specials were released on stand-alone discs, and I know that the Christmas special was released on the New Christmas Classics dvd.
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php

Ioz
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I ran across the Christmas and Halloween ones before at stores. Has the "Hey, Hey, Hey, It's Fat Albert" special been released on DVD before? Wiki says no.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey,_He...9;s_Fat_Albert

derosa is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ioz View Post
    I ran across the Christmas and Halloween ones before at stores. Has the "Hey, Hey, Hey, It's Fat Albert" special been released on DVD before? Wiki says no.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey,_He...9;s_Fat_Albert
    No, the "pilot" hasn't been released on DVD, i think there was some hope
    that it would be on a complete set, but I haven't seen that confirmed yet.

There is still some question as to which prints are going to be used to make
    this new set. The previous volumes of UrbanWorks sets that were released
    in 5 or 6 years ago were PAL versions of syndicated shows. I sincerely hope
    this set is going to be better than what has come out so far. I bought the specials
    and the first two volumes previously released, but i'd buy a proper new set.