Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    powergate92 is offline Power Rangers and Stargate fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Me-TV to air He-Man, She-Ra, and other Classic Media cartoons starting in 2nd quarter

Like This Thread!
    Look like Me-TV will be starting a weekend morning block of Classic Media cartoons, including He-Man and She-Ra, in the 2nd quarter of this year. That's makes 4 TV networks in the U.S. that are airing He-Man and She-Ra now (the other 3 are Qubo, RTV and PBJ)

From: http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/2...tners-set-deal

Me-TV, Memorable Entertainment Television announced today from NATPE an agreement with Broadcast Partners LLC and its Classic Media Library. Me-TV will be adding a weekend morning animation block featuring multi-generational favorites such as Gumby, Mr. Magoo, He-Man and She-Ra. The programming will be added to the Me-TV schedule beginning in the second quarter of 2012.

Me-TV affiliates will have the option of carrying additional programming including the live action classics: Timmy and Lassie Hour and The Lone Ranger; as well as the animated series: The Archies, Ghostbusters, Casper and Friends and Bravestarr.

“The addition of Gumby and Casper further rounds out the Me-TV Classic TV experience, and is responsive to significant viewer feedback requesting animated all family programming,” said Neal Sabin, president of content and networks for Weigel Broadcasting Co.

Neal Ardman, president of Broadcast Partners, said: "We could not ask for a better partner than Me-TV to air these wonderful shows. It is very exciting to be able to bring back classics like Lassie, Mr. Magoo and The Archies and He-man and with the 30th anniversary of He-Man happening this summer it will be especially exciting. These shows have a proven ratings history and a very wide fan base. Me-TV is bringing back the best of the best from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s and I am sure the viewers will be thrilled."

Me-TV, Memorable Entertainment Television is now seen in more than 73% of the country. With today’s announcement, Me-TV’s library includes almost 100 series from Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution, CBS Television Distribution, NBC Universal Television as well as independent series owners and producers.

Me-TV is owned and operated by Weigel Broadcasting Co. and distributed by MGM Television.

SF4Ever is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powergate92 View Post
    Look like Me-TV will be starting a weekend morning block of Classic Media cartoons, including He-Man and She-Ra, in the 2nd quarter of this year. That's makes 4 TV networks in the U.S. that are airing He-Man and She-Ra now (the other 3 are Qubo, RTV and PBJ)

From: http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/2...tners-set-deal
    Interesting- I only wish we had Me-TV, here in Ohio, as well as Qubo, RTV and PBJ. This has to delight Lou Scheimer, because Filmation's programs are still getting airtime on cable and to some of them(namely Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle and eventually, Shazam, which aired as part of 1981's The Kid Power Hour on NBC), being processed and digitally remastered for eventual DVD releases by larger studios, like Warner Bros., this would have to delight him even more.
    Like it or not, I never apologize for being a fan of whomever they may be.

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Either they're going to be airing concurrently on RTV & Me-TV, or RTV's contract for them is expiring, and they're moving to Me. Let's get some clarification.

Mr Flintstone is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally they're coming on a channel that I actually have.

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good! All they air right now is a ghastly thing called Green Screen Adventures so some old Filmation junk will really hit the spot.

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SF4Ever View Post
    Interesting- I only wish we had Me-TV, here in Ohio...
    Its probably only on the digital band, thats how I get it out of Cincinnati.

Anthonynotes is offline PBS: We rock harder than MTV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dalek View Post
    Good! All they air right now is a ghastly thing called Green Screen Adventures so some old Filmation junk will really hit the spot.
    Green Screen's aired to satisfy E/I requirements, which (for some stupid reason) even digital subchannels are required to satisfy.

(MeTV's an over-the-air full-power stand-alone channel here in Milwaukee---said station's owned by MeTV's owners, Chicago-based Weigel Broadcasting, who own several stations in both Chicago and Milwaukee---so the stations' lineups here and down in Chicago have has a few tweaks to the otherwise-national MeTV lineup IIRC.)
    Visit my other online spots:
    My blog, covering technology, comics, and animation, plus my weekly
    minorities in cartoons feature!
    Twitter

Aquadementia is offline Mutant Snow Goons!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Sounds too much like the RTV block, and the best thing they aired was a single Baby Huey short.

If Classic Media has Richie Rich and Jay Ward cartoons and Famous Studios, those would make for a funner block.

Stop by the Fun & Games Board.
    It's like dropping anvils on the ducks of your imagination
    Now with
    Caption My Avatar! Caption Your Avatar!

Questions Only as seen on TV
    Velociraptor Fun Facts

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquadementia View Post
    Sounds too much like the RTV block, and the best thing they aired was a single Baby Huey short.
    And the Qubo Night Owl block, which you can only really watch on the West Coast.

I can't speak for RTV but Qubo's just been airing forty episodes apiece for each program, ad nauseum for the last two years. Is this going to be the same?
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: You've read about the creation of Cow and Chicken from Dave Feiss....now hear an alternate side to the story, courtesy of ex-wife Pilar Menendez!

Mr Flintstone is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually this news shouldn't really be that suprising considering Me-TV aired the He-Man/She-Ra, Mr McGoo and The Fat Albert Christmas specials. I suspect we'll be seeing Fat Albert on Me-TV in the future.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast