Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by derosa View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Why not put 4 of the 1977 episodes on there,
    and do two volumes, and they'd be done. That's why I'm wondering if they
    still plan to actually do a release of the 8 shows together, maybe they could
    even include the 4 DynoMutt and Blue Falcon episodes they missed from
    the ScoobyDoo/DynoMutt hour. That would give them the opportunity to
    include the proper theme song for the Dynomutt hour that they flubbed from
    that set with the syndicated version.
    As you all shall know, for the 1977-78 season, the four BF&DM episodes had yet again a short opening bumper, like with the original 1976-77 season episodes.

Once again and plain as day, can we petition them to redo the original, 2006-released set (every time I create a petition to do this, many people do not understand such a petition, which is why all my previous attempts have failed) to include the original 1976 opening/closing themes (last seen on USA Cartoon Express reruns, that the Turner brass opted not to have upon acquiring DM, DW in 1992)?

~Ben

derosa is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicTVMan1981 View Post

Once again and plain as day, can we petition them to redo the original, 2006-released set (every time I create a petition to do this, many people do not understand such a petition, which is why all my previous attempts have failed) to include the original 1976 opening/closing themes (last seen on USA Cartoon Express reruns, that the Turner brass opted not to have upon acquiring DM, DW in 1992)?

~Ben
    They won't redo the set. But at the least, if they ever release those 4 BF&DM
    i hope they could see it to include the other opening and whatever intros and
    bumpers they have. I'm not holding my breath.

derosa is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's a surprise! more laff-a-lympics coming on a retail release!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Scoobys...ky-Games/16748

It's pretty good, 8 more unreleased episodes, with 4 double dips
    (2 from each of the previous 2 volumes)
    But it doesn't complete the series like I first thought it might, it leaves 8 shows still unreleased.

Disc 1
    Scooby-Doo! Spooky Games - (I don't know what this is? anyone?)
    Spain/ Himalayas *new to dvd
    India/ Israel *new to dvd
    Africa/San Francisco *new to dvd
    Grand Canyon/ Ireland *new to dvd

Disc 2
    Hawaii/ Norway * new to dvd
    North Pole/ Tahiti *new to dvd
    Arizona/ Holland *new to dvd
    Quebec/ Baghdad *new to dvd
    Swiss Alps / Toyko *on vol. 1
    Sahara / Scotland * on vol. 1
    France / Australia *on Vol. 2
    Egypt / Sherwood Forest *on Vol. 2

Add this new set to the VOL 1 and VOL 2 already out, and this completes the 1977
    episodes that aired as part of the "scooby's all star laff-a-lympic" 2 hour block.
    It leaves the 8 episodes from the 1978 season of Scooby's All Stars still to come.

Now, how about some "captain caveman" !?!?!?

Anthonynotes is offline PBS: We rock harder than MTV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by derosa View Post
    Here's a surprise! more laff-a-lympics coming on a retail release!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Scoobys...ky-Games/16748

It's pretty good, 8 more unreleased episodes, with 4 double dips
    (2 from each of the previous 2 volumes)
    But it doesn't complete the series like I first thought it might, it leaves 8 shows still unreleased.

Disc 1
    Scooby-Doo! Spooky Games - (I don't know what this is? anyone?)
    Might be a reference to the Really Rottens' Creeplys, perhaps? Or a generic naming-theme for Scooby-Doo related stuff (horror)...

Add this new set to the VOL 1 and VOL 2 already out, and this completes the 1977
    episodes that aired as part of the "scooby's all star laff-a-lympic" 2 hour block.
    It leaves the 8 episodes from the 1978 season of Scooby's All Stars still to come.

Now, how about some "captain caveman" !?!?!?
    Guess one more two-disc Laff-alympics set will complete the run then?

I assume we'll probably get Captain Caveman as a stand-alone WB Archive set, a la the Jabberjaw and Speed Buggy ones.
    Visit my other online spots:
    My blog, covering technology, comics, and animation, plus my weekly
    minorities in cartoons feature!
    Twitter

Mister Intensity is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll give Warner Brothers credit for making this a "stealth season set" for including the remaining season one Laff-A-Lympics episodes. Maybe they'll use a similar strategy for Laff-A-Lympics season two and the 1977 Scooby episodes.

"Scooby-Doo! Spooky Games" seems to be an original cartoon, along the lines of the DTV's. Notice disc one only has four Laff-A-Lympics episodes and Fred, Daphine, and Velma along with a monster are on the cover. "Spooky Games" probably features the gang and might be closer to a traditional Scooby-Doo mystery or it might be a variation of Laff-A-Lympics or a combination of both. It will be interesting to learn what "Spooky Games" is about.

derosa is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Intensity View Post
    I'll give Warner Brothers credit for making this a "stealth season set" for including the remaining season one Laff-A-Lympics episodes. Maybe they'll use a similar strategy for Laff-A-Lympics season two and the 1977 Scooby episodes.
    Yes, despite my frustration that it's taking so long for WB to finish up the late 70's era shows
    from Scooby and the related series, i'm happy enough with getting 8 new Laff-a-Lympics on
    this set. An announcement about Captain Caveman would send me over the moon!

Eventually, the last '77 Scooby episodes will make it out, I hope that these new format sets
    might even see room to throw in somewhere the 4 Blue Falcon and Dynomutt episodes that didn't make
    that set. It's sort of ironic WB stuck to a strict interpretation of what the "Scooby Doo/Dynomutt hour"
    was on that release, and now we're getting random episodes put together in sets however they
    feel like it, with made up names, so they can market a price-point 2 disc set to casual fans.
    Money talks, I suppose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12