Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Puppy in my Pocket- "Adventures in Pocketville"- Comes to Boomerang US

Like This Thread!
    Based on the "Puppy in my Pocket" toyline, the new series "Adventures in Pocketville" will be airing on Cartoon Network's Boomerang (US). Early 2012 is the current air date.

EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Nov. 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — In a deal with Cartoon Network, Inc., MEG Toys has announced the arrival of its animated television series Puppy In My Pocket Adventures in Pocketville for broadcast in the US on Boomerang.
    The new agreement with Cartoon Network, Inc. marks an expansion of the Adventures in Pocketville relationship with Turner Broadcasting into the United States, and extends the show’s reach beyond broadcasts already underway across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Pan-Asia on Turner platforms.
    The Adventures in Pocketville animated TV series is based on the highly successful Puppy In My Pocket® Brand from MEG and is a co-production between Mondo TV, Giochi Preziosi and MEG.
    The 26 x 26′ episodes will commence airing on Boomerang in the United States in early 2012.
    The toy line, based on the television series, will be distributed in North America by leading U.S. toy company JAKKS Pacific, Inc. and will feature collectible figures, accessories, play sets and plush, which are expected to begin shipping to retailers nationwide in Spring 2012.
    North American merchandise licensing and promotions for the television series is represented by Licensing Works!®.
    Joe Morrison, CEO of MEG stated: “We are very pleased with the expansion of our relationship with Cartoon Network into the United States and for Puppy In My Pocket Adventures in Pocketville to air on Boomerang. The addition of the powerful reach of Turner Broadcasting in the US will surely make the series a children’s broadcasting success worldwide.”
    Orlando Corradi, CEO of Mondo TV, stated: “We are very honored to work in the US with Boomerang on this wonderful property and we really believe that the property is on its way to becoming a worldwide success.”
    Could this mean more "new content" for Boomerang and even less classics than what we have now? Hopefully not. We just got Secret Saturdays on Boom (though that's not a "classic" show); it'll be sad to see a day where the classics on Boomerang are pushed to the wee hours of the night. :\

_
    The article I found this information on: http://www.bsckids.com/2011/12/adven...rtoon-network/
    Last edited by ChildHood90s; 12-02-2011 at 03:07 AM.

josie is offline Member
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    My condolences to US Boomerang viewers. We in Europe already got this trash this year. I didn't expect it to go to US too.

It's a boring girl cartoon made to promote the toy line, it doesn't belong on a classic cartoon network but then again most European Boomerangs lost their purpose long time ago...

DuckTwacy is offline French phone.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh no. I travel to the U.K. once a year, and not only does their Boomerang show "Puppy in my Pocket", it also shows a bunch of movies based on girl's toy lines and sitcoms. The only classic cartoons that they show are loads and loads of Tom and Jerry and Scooby-Doo, and the occasional hour of Looney Tunes. Hopefully the "Puppy in my Pocket" show gets cancelled quickly.
    *insert another Great Piggy Bank Robbery reference here*

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hate to say this but I kind of feared that one day Cartoon Network would use Boomerang to air the shows they license that they don't really want. You the type of shows that tend to get a quite first run airing then vanish. I feared one day some of these shows would be pawned off to boom rather then aired on Cartoon network at all. looks like it's happening.
    Last edited by Dragnatek; 12-06-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Then CN is getting closer to turning Boomerang into their Nicktoons alternative. Maybe Boomerang will become the more girl centric of the two networks. That'd be... interesting.

For the latest Toonami news and programming discussion, listen to the weekly Toonami Faithful Podcast

Check out an exclusive interview with Boondocks and Black Dynamite director LeSean Thomas

Anthonynotes is offline St. Nicho-louse is back!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ugh. Besides the creatively bankrupt nature of the show's concept (Yet Another Half-Hour Toy Ad?! Plus sounds like an attempt to cash in on that new popular "My Little Pony" show on the Hub), it also means that they're shifting Boomerang to airing non-classic-cartoon material (on top of airing the live-action sitcoms around Halloween). Wonder if that means they might air commercials, as well? It'd fit trying to make Boomerang into something similar to Nicktoons (as noted above)...
    Visit my other online spots:
    My blog, covering technology, comics, and animation, plus my weekly
    minorities in cartoons feature!
    Twitter

Silverstar is offline Comfortably Dumb
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnatek View Post
    Hate to say this but I kind of feared that one day Cartoon Network would use Boomerang to air the shows they license that they don't really want. You the type of shows that tend to get a quite rerun airing then vanish. I feared one day some of these shows would be pawned off to boom rather then aired on Cartoon network at all. looks like it's happening.
    It's entirely possible that Cartoon Network had to acquire Puppy in my Pocket because it was part of a package deal with a 3rd party acquisition that they really wanted, and CN got around this by airing Pocketville on Boomerang instead of sullying CN with it, thus fulfilling their contractual obligation to run the series without having to run it on CN. It seems evident that Turner literally doesn't care what runs on Boomerang anymore. Aside from being Toon's recycle bin/junk drawer, Boom serves no purpose.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

ZumbidoMetal is offline Screwy, Ain't I?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Looks like Turner has found a way to make Boomerang profitable. This is the equivalent of an infomercial.

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbro View Post
    It's entirely possible that Cartoon Network had to acquire Puppy in my Pocket because it was part of a package deal with a 3rd party acquisition that they really wanted, and CN got around this by airing Pocketville on Boomerang instead of sullying CN with it, thus fulfilling their contractual obligation to run the series without having to run it on CN.
    I agree with this. Only because it wouldn't mean CN is putting any real financial interest in Boom at this time. Transforming Boomerang into a "girl-centric" network would cost a lot of money. I'd assume Turner would rather be spending money on Cartoon Network instead of taking a risk and launching a new network out of Boom's ashes.

Toons Fan is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Puppy in My Pocket: Adventures in Pocketville will premiere on Monday, January 2 at 7:30AM on Boomerang. There will also by a new weekday morning schedule too.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlisti...0&stnNum=21883

6:00 AM The Adventures of Captain Planet
    6:30 AM Tom & Jerry
    7:00 AM Tom & Jerry Kids
    7:30 AM Puppy in My Pocket: Adventures in Pocketville
    8:00 AM The Mr. Men Show
    8:30 AM Pink Panther and Pals
    9:00 AM Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
    9:30 AM A Pup Named Scooby-Doo
    10:00 AM Pink Panther
    10:30 AM Yogi Bear
    Hello my name is Toons Fan and I like a lot of Toons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast