Zorak Masaki is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

More filmation shows added to hulu

Like This Thread!
    Ghostbusters (the 1986 filmation series) and Fat Albert (the 1972 episodes, not the syndicated adventures of fat albert that they used to have) have both been added to hulu, as well as the live-action Isis show (not animated, but it was a filmation production). Hopefully this means we'll see more filmation on hulu (i'd love to see blackstar, hero high, and mission magic among other things).

SF4Ever is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorak Masaki View Post
    Ghostbusters (the 1986 filmation series) and Fat Albert (the 1972 episodes, not the syndicated adventures of fat albert that they used to have) have both been added to hulu, as well as the live-action Isis show (not animated, but it was a filmation production). Hopefully this means we'll see more filmation on hulu (i'd love to see blackstar, hero high, and mission magic among other things).
    This is good- Filmation needs more representation in the retro animation department. Let's stay on top of this.
    Like it or not, I never apologize for being a fan of whomever they may be.

Collie is offline Total Drama Llama
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just watched the 5-episode first story arc of Ghostbusters. Man, I had forgotten how delightfully cheesy the show was.

greg! is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always thought the Super Seven from the Tarzan series was underrated...Web Woman, Manta & Moray, & Super Stretch & Micro Woman.....would be nice to see again.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I am interested in seeing Mission Magic if they ever get it. I heard it's kind of like the Magic School Bus.

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

SF4Ever is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    I am interested in seeing Mission Magic if they ever get it. I heard it's kind of like the Magic School Bus.
    They'll probably air Mission Magic, especially for Rick Springfield fans, since he's the star of that show.
    Like it or not, I never apologize for being a fan of whomever they may be.

Mister Intensity is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greg! View Post
    I always thought the Super Seven from the Tarzan series was underrated...Web Woman, Manta & Moray, & Super Stretch & Micro Woman.....would be nice to see again.
    Never going to happen. There was a legal settlement with DC and Marvel Comics that essentially prevents anyone from legally showing those cartoons ever again (DC and Marvel felt that some of the characters were too similiar to some of their own characters). the only Super Seven segment that could be shown/release is Freedom Force.

Rick Jones is online now Crazy Marvel Love
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Intensity View Post
    Never going to happen. There was a legal settlement with DC and Marvel Comics that essentially prevents anyone from legally showing those cartoons ever again (DC and Marvel felt that some of the characters were too similiar to some of their own characters). the only Super Seven segment that could be shown/release is Freedom Force.
    Well, that stinks. You'd think that the characters were different enough from any seen in the comics that it wouldn't be a problem. It never seems to be nowadays. yet this is the same sort of thing that crushed Fawcett/ Captain Marvel way back when. I just happened to get the Space Sentinels/ Freedom Force set in the mail today and I was thinking about how neat it would have been to see the other Super 7 stuff on dvd.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill