Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mr Flintstone is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Scooby Doo Is The Most Overrated Cartoon Of All Time.

Like This Thread!
    There, I said it. I never got into that show. Every single episode was virtually the same. Someone they met was gonna end up the "monster." And almost always, Scooby was gonna be the hero. By accident of course. And always, the bad guys would have gotten away with it if wasn't for those meddling kids.

This franchise has had many different shows and they're all pretty much the same. I just don't see why this show was/is so popular.

garfield15 is offline Member of the 10,000 post club
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ahahaaa...there's that word again. Overrated.

Probably the word that actually annoys me in the Internet. Oh, there is just so much wrong with calling something overrated that it bugs the hell out of me that people still use it.
    -Kamen Rider Decade-"I'm just a Kamen Rider passing through. Better remember me!"

-"Bang"
    TOM's final words of Toonami. The proof of what Toonami was aimed for and was meant for. Stay Gold. You will always be first and simply the best.

RonDrakenfan17 is offline Luffy fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok but you fall in love with the characters that's apart of the show, say for me Shaggy and Scooby have always been my favorites since I first saw an episode. Than as of now Fred has becom one of my favorites
    One Piece fan. Bleach fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonDrakenfan17 View Post
    Ok but you fall in love with the characters that's apart of the show, say for me Shaggy and Scooby have always been my favorites since I first saw an episode. Than as of now Fred has becom one of my favorites
    It's more to do with the concept. IMO, every episode is the same.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline 6000+ Posts In Space!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    How can you call Scooby Doo "overratted" though. "Overmarkatable" defintley, "overused forumla" well yeah that's kind of obvious, and "Overplayed" for sure, espiecally compared to any other Hannah Barbera cartoon. But "overratted?" wouldn't that mean that tons upon tons of people would have to really love Scooby Doo and call it the best cartoon ever for that to be really true? I mean even the most diehard scooby fan isn't going to call the show the Greatest cartoon ever. Really it's only overrated in the sense it's so marketable at this point and people keep coming up with new "ideas" for the franchise that it continues staying afloat. It's just one of the shows I guess that keeps getting remade but I wouldn't call it overrated.
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Ultra Mike View Post
    How can you call Scooby Doo "overratted" though. "Overmarkatable" defintley, "overused forumla" well yeah that's kind of obvious, and "Overplayed" for sure, espiecally compared to any other Hannah Barbera cartoon. But "overratted?" wouldn't that mean that tons upon tons of people would have to really love Scooby Doo and call it the best cartoon ever for that to be really true? I mean even the most diehard scooby fan isn't going to call the show the Greatest cartoon ever. Really it's only overrated in the sense it's so marketable at this point and people keep coming up with new "ideas" for the franchise that it continues staying afloat. It's just one of the shows I guess that keeps getting remade but I wouldn't call it overrated.
    Yeah, but it must be pretty popular if they keep spending money making new shows and marketing it.

Goldstar Neo is offline I like the streaks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I don't know if I'd call Scooby Doo overrated, since 'overrated' doesn't mean 'hated', nor does it mean 'repetitous', rather it means "overly praised" or "receiving more praise than it deserves", and I haven't heard a whole lot of people praising Scooby to the stars, except maybe for a few hardcore fans. Scooby Doo may be over played, but not necessarily overrated.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

The Cartoon is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well Scooby-Doo is my favorite show of all time. I've grown up with it since before I remember. I don't deem it as the greatest show ever because there is a huge difference between "favorite" and "greatest." I can understand why you think that it's overrated. It's really popular and I know quite a few people who understand why. I think that if someone tried to get into Scooby-Doo as an adult, it would be really difficult. As a kid, you start to love it and that love never really goes away. The reason that a lot of people don't love it as adults is probably because of low quality animation and the same general plot in every episode. Hanna Barbera didn't have too much funds for animation so they had to make up for it with great writing. Thing is though, the show is fun. It's always fun to try to figure out who the culprit is, to watch Shaggy and Scooby's antics, to watch the crime slowly come together, to see all of the cool villain designs and all of the unique creepy places that they visit. It never gets old for me, and I've gotten laughs from every episode I've seen.
    Visit the newly opened Toonzone forum: The Musiquarium!
    Vote in the Greatest Character Ever Tournament!
    Visit Dramatic Static, one of the best Total Drama forums on the web.

RonDrakenfan17 is offline Luffy fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Flintstone View Post
    It's more to do with the concept. IMO, every episode is the same.
    Well that's true, if you watch the movies like Zombie Island or the newer episodes of Scooby-Doo you'll notice not all storylines are the same
    One Piece fan. Bleach fan.

cognitofalcon is offline G'night evry' body!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Compared to other cartoons of the time, I'd say that it definately not overated. It was orobably better than many of the cartoons at that time.
    I now use Tumblr regularly.
    http://cognitofalcon.tumblr.com/
    I'm also participating in Let's Plays now (Among other things)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SAFGuys

Not as cynical now a'days =) I am much happier too!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast