Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Qubo Announces New Slate of Shows; Adds 4 Filmation Classics

Like This Thread!
    AWN Article

Specifically, the Filmation shows being added are the original 1983 He-Man series, and it's 1985 follow-up, She-Ra, along with "Ghostbusters" (the one with the gorilla), and BraveStarr.

Unfortunately, since (with the exception of the Ghostbusters*) they will likely be the PAL video versions again, it will personally limit my ability to actually watch the shows (since I'm actually bothered by the sound issue that the conversion process creates).

Anyway, I just thought you'd like to know about the Filmation shows Qubo is adding. However, I'm posting this thread here because the announcement isn't just about the Filmation shows.

*On BCI's DVDs for the show, most (but not all) episodes were either sourced from the original (NTSC-based) broadcast master tapes, or from the original film elements. However, if the story of the film elements being lost or destroyed is to believed, it's likely that the episodes were sourced from the former.
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Jeff Harris is offline Creator/Webmaster, TXB
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Four Filmation Action Properties Coming To Qubo This Fall

I gave up on qubo after they unceremoniously cancelled Class of the Titans, Being Ian, and Spliced after a month on the air. This fall, while they haven't won me back completely, I am interested in their two-hour Sunday "retro" block.

This fall, qubo will add four titles from the Filmation library (courtesy of Classic Media, one of qubo's minority owners) every weekend. These shows are:

- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
    - She-Ra Princess of Power
    - Bravestarr
    - Ghostbusters (the animated version)

These shows haven't been seen on American television in nearly 25 years, so I'm actually interested in watching them without popping in a disc again. To be honest, considering qubo's moralistic/values background, I'm kind of surprised they're not bringing back Fat Albert to boot, but considering the show's cast, I'm not.

Younger old folks might be surprised to learn that The Magic School Bus also returns to broadcast television on qubo this fall as well.

Here's the press release.
    What does the X stand for? It's definitely not Extreme. Extreme starts with E.

ABrown is offline Father of twin boys
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I guess to my knowlege I don't get this Qubo channel with Comcast in my area. Too bad, I wouldn't mind periodically catching up on a He-Man or She-Ra episode that I haven't seen in over 20 years.

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I kind of already made a thread about that earlier today. I even provided a source.
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
    I guess to my knowlege I don't get this Qubo channel with Comcast in my area. Too bad, I wouldn't mind periodically catching up on a He-Man or She-Ra episode that I haven't seen in over 20 years.
    Well, if you have a TV with a built-in digital tuner or you purchased a tuner with your government check a while back, you can break out the rabbit ears and tune to your local ion affiliate, WCPX (if your location in your profile is correct), on channel 38.2 to receive qubo.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Tay the Cat is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandouga View Post
    I kind of already made a thread about that earlier today. I even provided a source.
    You could ask a moderator to merge the two threads then...
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/CassieHikari (I'm far more active there these days)

powergate92 is offline Power Rangers and Stargate fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good to see that qubo will air retro cartoons. I hope they also bring back Class of the Titans, Being Ian, and Spliced.

Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Wow, that's pretty cool, especially for a channel as square as Qubo.

It says they're also going to air Magic School Bus. Eh.....okay then.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: It's a war on the media and Trawn and company are caught in the middle in Part 2 of a brand-new Electric Wonderland incident! Aren't you glad real life isn't this insane?

Jeff Harris is offline Creator/Webmaster, TXB
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandouga View Post
    I meant no disrespect. I honestly didn't see it on the boards earlier.

Threads merged.
    What does the X stand for? It's definitely not Extreme. Extreme starts with E.

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As of now, Time Warner Cable doesn't have Qubo as a separate digital sub-channel. The most I can hope for, and others as well in the same position, is that Qubo can place them (E/I because of the end-of-show moral messages) on NBC on a rotating basis. That would rule.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast