• *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
    Kolbar is offline @Cinecrisis on Twitter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"The Good, the Bad, and Huckleberry Hound" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Release Date: 1988
    Studio: Hanna-Barbera
    Directors: Bob Goe, John Kimball
    Starring: Daws Butler, Charles Adler, Don Messick, Howard Morris, Pat Buttram

Plot Summary: During the California gold rush of 1849, Huckleberry Hound — referred to throughout the picture as a "mysterious, steely-eyed, and silent-type stranger" — rides west on his “faithful horsie” to start a small pig-and-goat farm. His journey takes him to the small western town of Two-Bit, California, where Hokey Wolf is the mayor; Snagglepuss plays the piano and entertains the customers in Rusty Nails’ Saloon; Quick Draw McGraw and Baba Looey run the bank; and Yogi Bear and Boo Boo, who’ve run away from Jellystone Park, live on handouts. Two-Bit is being terrorized by the outlaw Dalton Brothers. Their leader, Stinky Dalton, has been caught and imprisoned, but the three remaining brothers — Dinky, Finky, and Pinky — are robbing and bullying everyone they come across.

Comments?

Boomerang airs this movie today at 3:30pm right after "Rockin' With Judy Jetson."

Gary L Thompson is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re:"The Good, the Bad, and Huckleberry Hound" Talkback (Spoilers)

Wish I could see Boomerang. I'd be curious to see this one, sounds it would be right up Huck's alley, but HB's quality in that era was pretty much hit & miss at best.

I would have figured Quick Draw & Babba Looey to be the sheriff and deputy (if there wasn't one, who arrested Stinky Dalton?), unless it were Ricochet Rabbit and Droopalong. Given they aren't mentioned, I would guess not (pity for an HB western, while Ricochet was from the later Walley Gator/Magilla/Sinbad generation, he should have been in a story like this).

Eric Brown is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Long time no see

I finally took the time to rewatch this movie. I had not seen it since I taped it in 1988. I had remembered it as a rather dull entry. After I reviewed it this time, I gave it a few more points for imagination. I see that Tom Rueger (now of WB fame) was the co-writer. Andrea Romano aslo had a hand in this one. The animation was still unimpressive (Wang Studios). The story seemed to drag out. Daws Butler's Huck voice just wasn't right. It had a higher pitch. His Yogi, Snagglepuss, and Quick Draw were right on. I have a feeling this was the last one he did. Some of the backround music kept reminding me of the lead-in music to "Dasterdly and Muttly and their Flying Machines". There were a few recogniseable recycled gags from other cartoons.

What did I like? The use of title cards to introduce each sequence did break up the boredom, some what. The romance between Huck and Desert Flower was a nice touch. The "Rusty Saloon Song" and "Gold, Gold, Gold" song were also a bit above par (both writen by Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera). I gave this movie a 2 1/2 rating on the poll.

THANX