toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Keiki "Love Stinks (Yeah Yeah)" Talkback

Like This Thread!
    Keiki #17 - Love Stinks (Yeah Yeah) (Page 1)

I guess I'm doing another Valentine's cartoon, this time for Keiki. Like I said last year, I'll only do something for a holiday if a good idea comes to mind beforehand. There are few things more gruesome to watch than the birth of adolescence, and the act thereof of making one stupid social faux pax after another. I've been there, you've been there, and it should be fun to watch it turn Ivan, traditionally the stone-cold sarcastic man in the room, into a sniveling emo moron.

All right. Here goes.

At first I thought I might let it slide as a surprise, but that didn't work very well for Doug Walker or the Coca-Cola corporation, so I'm going to give you advance notice: I think Keiki is nearing its end.

I feel I've done all I can with it, that I've exhausted these characters, and I don't feel the motivation to write for them as strongly as I once did. In addition, drawing them is becoming awkward, since they have faced little cosmetic changes since they were introduced in 2002 when my design skills were way worse. I have other ideas for a cartoon series, and I want to replace Keiki with one of those ideas sometime within the next two years. I'm allowing time for this series to reach somewhat of a satisfying conclusion.

So I'm giving you a LOT of advance notice here -- if you're surprised when it ends, you haven't been paying attention...
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Rampaging through Portland soon, and on the Internet now....it's the Super Summer Issue of BANG, crammed with quality entertainment including a brand-new Mulberry story! Watch out for that tree!

J. B. Warner is offline Increasing my wordiness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Every Kiss Begins With Cheese" is great, as is Ivan's rejection of Taylor Swift. I don't blame him one bit

Keiki has had a great run, but if you're eager to experiment with new ideas, by all means, go ahead.
    I'm the man with two DeviantArts.

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The second half begins here:
    Keiki #17 - Love Stinks (Yeah Yeah) (Page 9)

Wow, how long has it been since we saw Marie?

In the rough draft the true identity of Cassandra Catfish was Andrea, but given how she's done plenty of weird things in the past, I didn't think it was surprising enough to be funny. So who's the real culprit now? You'll find out....
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Rampaging through Portland soon, and on the Internet now....it's the Super Summer Issue of BANG, crammed with quality entertainment including a brand-new Mulberry story! Watch out for that tree!

J. B. Warner is offline Increasing my wordiness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, Chekov's Gunman Love her little breakdown as she's led away. (Yeah, in case it isn't obvious, I really can't stand Taylor Swift.)
    I'm the man with two DeviantArts.

Destiny of Awe is offline Should update a lot of things
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Taylor Swift was Cassandra Catfish.
    I completely saw that one coming. XD
    "Don't worry guys, this time, I'm back for sure!"

Yeahhhhh, I have a bad knack for lying.