toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Christmas Tales 2012

Like This Thread!

Christmas Tales: 2007
    Christmas Tales: 2008
    Christmas Tales: 2009
    Christmas Tales 2010
    Christmas Tales 2011

And now for something completely different. My oldest cousin got remarried and they now own an AWESOME house, with an AWESOME yard. Whenever I go there I eat AWESOME food, and this year's Christmas dinner did not disappoint, with some killer prime rib and BAKED potatoes. I've never had that option for a holiday dinner -- potatoes have always come mashed. Normally my parents and aunts and uncles and cousins get together either at our house or the uncle's, but this time? Christmas just had to be here.

Playing in the background throughout much of the festivities was this holiday mix one of her husband's friends made and copied for him. This included a lot of foreign tracks, one Enya, a song by Foghorn Leghorn, the entirety of Dean Martin's holiday efforts, something country called "Rudolph's DUI," and several tracks from the Brady Bunch Christmas Album.

I didn't know that last one existed either. How is it? It's...generic. The Brady kids are singing Frosty and Rudolph, but I don't fully believe it's the real actors. You could have told me it was the Full House Christmas Album, or a Kidz Bop that came out in the 70's, and I would have believed you.

There was one track they skipped entirely labeled "Disneyland," apparently it was just that bad.

Someone got a spider ornament. A spider. Ornament. There's a market for that. Spiders don't invoke feelings of Christmas in me, and I don't think I'm alone, but the manufacturers gave it their best shot. There was a card attached with a story called "The Legend of the Christmas Spider." I can't remember all the details, but I think there was a little boy, and a lot of spiders, and then Santa Claus appeared and turned all the web silk into gold, and....yeah.

Earlier this year my mom shocked me by saying she'd never seen A Christmas Story. I could have sworn she said she'd seen it when the topic came up before, but she probably just got the title confused with another movie (because that's just like her). The moment she said that I knew what she had to get for Christmas, and I wrapped it in a paper sack cut-out with FRA-GEE-LAY markered on the front. I knew the opportunity I'd be given. Sure enough, she turned to me and said "FRA-GEE-LAY, what is that?" "It's French," I told her back. No laugh from her; she accepted that. Hah.

It turned out, when we watched the movie later, I'd gotten the quote wrong and the dad said FRA-GEE-LAY was Italian, but it was great to introduce somebody to all the classic moments in this movie for the first time and watch their reactions.

As for what I got this year, there's no picture because it wasn't much. My parents are going through financial problems and they're usually the only ones who get me anything for Christmas. I have been feeling very lonely lately, however, and that AWESOME dinner in that AWESOME house with my extended family was just the present I needed. I would have paid for that.

Oh, and someone said this:
    "Last night I saw The Hobbit before I watched The Sound of Music on TV. I couldn't sleep because all I could see were orcs singing The Hills Are Alive."

Now you tell your experiences. Go!
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

Kiddington is offline tut tut
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure if I should delve into my haul or not, given that I was highly spoiled this year (strangely, even in comparison to years past)... but I suppose to be fair, I did give a lot myself. Believe it or not, this was the first Christmas in my lifetime that I've ever had a job during the same period, so it was pretty much the first time I could actually afford to buy real gifts for everyone.

Let's just say that it was a good year for my game collection, particularly the 3DS.

Chris is offline Corn is good and good for you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I need to learn how to play my didgeridoo I got. Right now when I try it just sounds like someone's farting. I got Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed for Wii-U. I also got an Anne Taintor 2013 calendar. The SpongeBob ones I kept getting are pieces of crap that keep falling apart. And I also got some other little things.
    My comic! Now updated daily!

See Thelma and Franklin This and more in the KWVT Video Zone! Ringing in 2014!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My family, close friends and I stayed at the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas for Christmas. It was an otherworldly experience. As for gifts, I got VIP tickets to Lady Gaga's Born This Way Ball and the Rihanna Diamonds World Tour, 32 inch Samsung flat screen, Vizio box for said flat screen eliminating the use of cable, and a new bed.
    "You make something contemporary and cool and it becomes mediocre, and there’s nothing more criminal than mediocrity. I can deal with a giant flaming disaster and I can deal with something being a beautiful vision, but mediocrity is just horrible." - Doc Hammer

LinkBacks (?)