toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Sabrinas Through Time" Talkback

Like This Thread!

http://www.platypuscomix.net/otherpe...uperwitch.html

I can think of few characters that have gone through so many radical changes as Sabrina, especially through the last 20 years.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

Aquadementia is online now Mutant Snow Goons!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Of all the changes the best was the talking cat.

No mention of Kim Novak? I thought that’s where she got the platinum blond hair.

The legs on shojo cover make it look like a bad Picasso.

The thinking behind love 50+ years ago was that it was a splendid magical thing that was beyond any earthly explanation. You may as well literally make it magic.
    Now today love is the exact opposite. It’s the relentless search for truth, which can only ever stop once something is discovered that will make everyone involved extremely unhappy.
    For instance, all those women that fell into James Bond’s arms after only knowing him for 30 seconds would have him in court under rape charges these days because he was undercover as a banker. Being a super spy is 1000 times cooler and if they knew that’s what he was they wouldn’t have waited half as long, but a lie is a lie.

I didn’t know her mother got turned into a ball of wax.
    Did they explain her father or were we left to assume her dad was Satan for all those years?

Stop by the Fun & Games Board.
    It's like dropping anvils on the ducks of your imagination
    Now with
    Caption My Avatar! Caption Your Avatar!

Questions Only as seen on TV
    Velociraptor Fun Facts

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquadementia View Post
    The thinking behind love 50+ years ago was that it was a splendid magical thing that was beyond any earthly explanation. You may as well literally make it magic.
    Now today love is the exact opposite. It’s the relentless search for truth, which can only ever stop once something is discovered that will make everyone involved extremely unhappy.
    I think the opposite. In the past a lot of people married more for financial stability than for love, or because the social stigma of still being single by your early 20's was too much to bear. You know all those old jokes and strips like "The Lockhorns" about how much spouses hate each other? Came from that era. So the stories about magic controlling love are just a byproduct of the cynicism regarding love back then.

I think love is held in that higher, magical belief NOW. I would go into the reasons I think society went this way, but they get kind of political and I don't want to start a debate.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

Aquadementia is online now Mutant Snow Goons!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Romance is usually focused on the young.
    It's on the borderline when things went from prince charming to the pill.
    Maybe I’m out of it, but it seems like there is more magical fantasy and higher expectations in planning weddings then in marriages, which everyone half assumes will end in divorce going in.

I think Twilight is popular because you don’t have to look far to find the flaws. If you’re dating a vampire it’s already as bad as it gets. If you already know he's going to go around killing people you can relax and think of all his good qualities.

Stop by the Fun & Games Board.
    It's like dropping anvils on the ducks of your imagination
    Now with
    Caption My Avatar! Caption Your Avatar!

Questions Only as seen on TV
    Velociraptor Fun Facts

J. B. Warner is offline Increasing my wordiness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In another case of subconscious plagiarism, I think I inadvertently ripped off Sabrina's hairstyle when I designed Jocelyn.
    I'm the man with two DeviantArts.

LinkBacks (?)