toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mulberry "The Game of Life" Talkback

Like This Thread!

http://www.platypuscomix.net/mulberr...e=1&seriesID=4

I've had this idea for a while: "Mulberry plays the game of life literally by remote-controlling a robot from her house." I knew that had to be the "election" storyline this time, so I've had to save it until now.

This story is also appearing in BANG #2, although slightly different and in black and white. I worked pretty hard on the second issue of BANG and I'm proud of the way it turned out. I would appreciate everyone's support for future issues by dropping in a PayPal dollar for either of the two that are now available online, now that the BANG E-market is finally open for business: http://www.bangpdx.com/store/index.php

Detailed descriptions for the issues can be found at the main BANG site: www.bangpdx.com
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

J. B. Warner is offline Increasing my wordiness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I read every one of the robot's lines in the voice of Norm from "Phineas and Ferb". This thing is hysterical.
    I'm the man with two DeviantArts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wonderful stuff. But I've got an extraordinarily dumb question.

On the last page—after completing the game (won't spoil it), we see an action that I interpreted as Mulberry getting up and flexing her back—hard.
    For me, this was the quintessential Mulberry moment: after manipulating people around the world relentlessly for days, she's so tensed up from the "exercise" that she's got to physically unwind, and this is how she does it. She's so completely separated herself from the emotional impact of her activity that it's just another "workout" for her.
    I showed the scene to a friend. He listened, unamused, to my analysis of the back-flexing scene. Then he said "No, she just hurt her back when she jumped up and shouted one panel earlier."

Uh-oh. Whose analysis is correct?

Dsneybuf is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought that since Mulberry crouched while playing the game, she had to stretch before doing something else.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    She didn't hurt her back. Anyone who has played a video game (or done anything else requiring sitting) for an extended period of time cannot resist the urge to stretch once they finally get up and start moving around again. Even though we've seen her standing up in other shots, the general satire here is that she is playing life like a game, and it was only natural that she end it the same way.

I just got back from Wreck-It Ralph, by the way. Exceeded my expectations; awesome movie.
    www.platypuscomix.net

LinkBacks (?)