Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    rockmonster is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Today, I learned that Mike Tyson is voice acting as himself in the Adult Swim series Mike Tyson Mysteries.
    "Wow, Power Rangers takes science and beats it with an aluminium bat." - Linkara

Welcome to Yu-gi-oh! ARC-V, where card games are serious enough business to start a war over!

Peter Paltridge is offline Beware the Belcher
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    [h="Kathleen Sullivan..in Spandex..in a hot tub..filled with warm Jell-o!"]4[/h]This is one of the references that the Bloom County Collection doesn't explain.

It turns out Kathleen Sullivan was a news anchor (because we all know of Berke's passion for news anchors). And there's a story around the strip:

Berke Breathed won the Pulitzer and was interviewed in NYC on Good Morning America. That day filling in for Joan Lunden was THE Kathleen Sullivan. As she was reading the telepromter plugging the upcoming interview, they showed the panel with the above quote. Live on the air, Sullivan stopped, and said "Whoa, uhhh, oh my!" and got red faced as the rest of the studio started to laugh hysterically. She then tossed it to the news anchor Edie Magnus, who was in DC, and she was laughing maniacally with her mouth wide open. Berke did the interview about 10-15 minutes later with Sullivan.
    Why wasn't this story in the liner notes? WHY?
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Mulberry's new purchase initiates a chain reaction of chaos! Could it happen in real life? Probably. Check out part one of "A Terrible Fate!"

RandomMe is offline Stave it off
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)
    Today, I learned that more than half of California's milk production is made by Portuguese immigrants living in the state.

Chris is offline Corn is good and good for you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Milk those Portuguese immigrants!
    My comic! Now updated daily!

See Thelma and Franklin This and more in the KWVT Video Zone! Ringing in 2014!

Dsneybuf is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I learned that some Marvel Studios characters who made their big-screen debuts during the end credits of Captain America: The Winter Soldier almost had to wait until after the end titles of Guardians of the Galaxy to make them, instead.
    Spoiler:
    To think, Evan Peters from X-Men: Days of Future Past would have become the first live-action Quicksilver, instead of merely the first live-action speaking Quicksilver, and Howard the Duck might have never gotten a second chance in theaters.

TenPoundHammer is offline Wanna be on Wheel of Fortune
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So our furnace wasn't working. We hired someone to repair it, and he said it was a total death trap that needed replacement. Thankfully, it wasn't getting any power, or it would've killed us by kicking exhaust back into the house.
    My Twitter

We'll leave the light on for you.

http://tehshigelisok.deviantart.com/

Kitschensyngk is offline An Anri New Year!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I recently learned that there is a song on The Police's Ghost in the Machine album titled "Demolition Man" - the same name as the 1993 Sylvester Stallone futuristic cop movie - and that Sting actually performed the song during the end credits of the same movie.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays

POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Gremlins

Visit my new Internet animation blog NEVERENDING SATURDAY MORNING!

ReAnimator is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, there was an annoying phase during the '80s and '90s where lots of movies were named after songs. Demolition Man was one of the better ones. I didn't appreciate its satirical edge until the second viewing.

Dsneybuf is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I recently confirmed that among all of the people I consider Disney's big-name songwriters-the Sherman Brothers, Alan Menken and Howard Ashman, Sirs Elton John and Tim Rice, and the Lopezes-only Robert Lopez has won a Tony, an Emmy, a Grammy, and an Oscar.

rockmonster is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Today, I learned that the domain extensions .ooo, .moe, .kim, and .bar exist.
    "Wow, Power Rangers takes science and beats it with an aluminium bat." - Linkara

Welcome to Yu-gi-oh! ARC-V, where card games are serious enough business to start a war over!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567