Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Dsneybuf is offline Behold.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    This week, I learned one of my all-time favorite directors, Billy Wilder (Sunset Boulevard, The Apartment, Some Like it Hot), had an older brother, W. Lee Wilder, who also became a director, but evidently didn't have as much success or acclaim.

Dsneybuf is offline Behold.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've spent these past few nights trying to revisit all of the Hayao Miyazaki-directed movies in Studio Ghibli's library, and I found out tonight which of Ghibli's pictures became the first one to premiere with Totoro at the beginning-Isao Takahata's Only Yesterday, released three years after My Neighbor Totoro.
    Unfortunately, I've only seen one Takahata-directed movie as of this writing-My Neighbors the Yamadas, which actually proved more entertaining than its disjointed format and overly-simple art style (by Ghibli standards) made me expect.

Kitschensyngk is offline back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Today I learned that a Sesame Street song from my childhood was warning me not to talk about a certain Civil War campaign (at around the 1:53 mark):

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays

POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Night of the Living Dead

Visit my new Internet animation blog NEVERENDING SATURDAY MORNING!

Rick Jones is offline Trickin' N Treatin'
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitschensyngk View Post
    Today I learned that a Sesame Street song from my childhood was warning me not to talk about a certain Civil War campaign (at around the 1:53 mark):

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVcZ7cDggeE&list=PL49ECEB5EC21EFAAD
    Wow, talk about a blast from the past. It's pretty hilarious that this reference was slipped in there as well. They just don't make em like Seasame Street anymore.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456