toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dsneybuf is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Tonight, I found out Imagine Dragons frontman Dan Reynolds had his own YouTube channel in addition to the two for the band. He hasn't added anything new to it in years, but what I've seen from it (Reynolds singing some folksy songs with his wife, Aja Volkman) proved amusing.

Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Occasionally I'll make a drawing on my dA page of the Simpsons if they were drawn by another artist. One time I did them a la Evan Dorkin:

But, as I learned today, Dorkin HAS been officially hired to draw the Simpsons more than once....and, disappointingly, he was pretty on-model with them.

Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: It's been a while, but they've finally returned....press kits, prototypes, gorgeous neon signs, Sonic with a watermelon.....it must be THINGS YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE, Summer '14 Edition!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Today I learned the computer program that created Lisa in Weird Science was running off Applesoft BASIC.

HOME, HTAB, and VTAB were all exclusive to the Apple version of BASIC. I guess I have a ROM to hunt down.....
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: It's been a while, but they've finally returned....press kits, prototypes, gorgeous neon signs, Sonic with a watermelon.....it must be THINGS YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE, Summer '14 Edition!

Chris is offline Corn is good and good for you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I learned that Mystery Science Theater 3000 is on every Saturday night at 8pm on Retro TV (channel 27.1) So if anyone wants to see it, tune in!
    My comic! Now updated daily!

See Thelma and Franklin This and more in the KWVT Video Zone! Ringing in 2014!

Vance M. is offline Vance M.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I learned that Mystery Science Theater 3000 is on every Saturday night at 8pm on Retro TV (channel 27.1) So if anyone wants to see it, tune in!
    AUUUGH. I wish RTV came back to my area. I remember when Retro TV was on some crappy TV station called WTZT-TV and showed "most" of their programing. They did not showed the E/I shows on weekdays nor the cartoons on Saturdays, instead showed the E/I shows on Saturdays. They also did not show 6pm or 9PM (Central time) programing, instead showed a "news" show called Cooper and Company (but a better fare on Mondays, showed Country Rover Presents, A programing showing news clips from WAAY-31 starring "The Country Rover"). They switched to COZI-TV last year and well, I wish RTV came back. They even have The Lucy Shoe for crying out loud.

Dsneybuf is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I learned earlier this week that one of the leads of Guardians of the Galaxy, Dave Bautista, had Filipino and Greek parents. Between him, Zoe Saldana, and Vin Diesel, I now hope that if the movie becomes a success, it will seem like a victory not only for adaptations of obscure Marvel comics, but for more diverse casting in Marvel pictures. The prosthetics and motion capture might lessen the enjoyment of seeing Marvel heroes of color for me, but only slightly-Marvel could just as well have cast white actors as the aliens.
    (Yes, I know that a white actor has top billing, but that feels more like an attempt to stay true to the comics, than an attempt to put down actors of minority. Plus, my love for The Lego Movie makes it hard for me to hate Chris Pratt.)
    Last edited by Dsneybuf; 08-01-2014 at 11:25 AM.

Dantheman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Today, I learned from Mental Floss that in 1986 Apple Computers put out a clothing catalog featuring '80s-tastic fashions adorned with the word "APPLE" and the Apple logo.

Man, they were really lost between the time when Steve Jobs was fired and he came back.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I always wondered what that autodialing noise that you heard on cable TV in the 80's and 90's was all about. Today I bothered to Google it:

In-band signaling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    What you hear is a tone alert inserted by the originating source to tell the videocasting system at local cable ops or production studios when to switch into a commercial break mode. The sequence sounds like a dialing on touch tone telephone.

The tones do not always occur directly with a commercial break, but can be announced well before due to timing issues.
    RTV actually still uses it for some reason; I heard it during MST3K.
    www.platypuscomix.net

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't get RTV. I have Cablevision. I guess I would like the show. I saw the movie on TV.

I went to my mom's friend's house recently. No RTV either, but there was GetTV on one of the Spanish stations.

Anyway -- I read that FXX, once after they show the big Simpsons marathon -- will air the syndication versions of the episodes. Currently they're showing the unedited versions. But they'll show the originals sometimes.
    YouTube Account: MarioBrosFan4000
    FanFiction Account: MarioMan67

Alex Sarosi is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fox TV

Quote Originally Posted by Kung-Fu Yoshi View Post
    Anyway -- I read that FXX, once after they show the big Simpsons marathon -- will air the syndication versions of the episodes. Currently they're showing the unedited versions. But they'll show the originals sometimes.
    Why? The syndication versions are mainly edited for time and remove quite a bit of the intro, and doesn't keep the couch gag that the episode came with. I guess FXX doesn't have the copies Fox has?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123