Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

"Princess Pi vs. Cerebus Syndrome" Talkback

Like This Thread!
    http://www.platypuscomix.net/princes...=1&seriesID=12
    So I had an origin story for Princess Pi, but the problem was that it was so bleak, and clashed with the general tone of the series so badly, that the only way Pi could possibly reveal it was if she LITERALLY came down with a case of Cerebus Syndrome. That's right....this entire story was built just so I could get her origin in there. You'll find out who Magi are eventually (yes, Mojo is one).

While I was at it, I corrected a logic gap that I hadn't thought of when I first made the series: namely, how she could be indestructible and have her ears pierced at the same time. You'll notice Supergirl doesn't.

And.......let's see how many people remember their Egyptian history and get the trephination gag.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: The new Electric Wonderland cartoon concludes today! Can the wacky wonderful Internet personality Jon-Trawn uncover the real conspiracy?

J. B. Warner is offline Increasing my wordiness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been waiting for years to see a comic (or TV show or anything) that made fun of Cerebus Syndrome. It's one of the most frustrating things in comedy, and a good solid spoof of it like this is a true delight!
    I'm the man with two DeviantArts.

John Pannozzi is offline 30 Years of Turtle Power
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Peter, you should show this to Margaret Liss, so she can catalog it on her site Cerebus Fan Girl, which has a guide to every comic Cerebus was ever in, no matter how obscure.

Astrolupine is offline Man on the wing.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cerebus Fangirl? That's surprising, given Sim's nonsensical views towards females in his later years.

Coincidentally, I read this installment today after I finished the High Society trade which, while not quite the point where the Syndrome fully starts (probably around the fifth volume, Jaka's Story), is quite a stretch from the goofy Conan parody the title started out as.

It's a great start so far, and having taken an Ancient Egyptian History course, I got the gag.
    "...And then Rorschach goes 'BARNEY! My Pebbles!' or some such thing... but it was really funny."

Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    http://www.platypuscomix.net/princes...sue=11&page=10
    My intent was for the "saving the world without trying" thing to run its course in Part 1 and have the second half go in an even crazier direction: Pi somehow becomes the most popular comedian in the country, just by saying the same things.

There have been many times I've been watching one of these Fox cartoons and think to myself, "what the heck goes on in that writers' room that results in stuff like this? Do they actually stop and say, 'we need a racist thing here'? Do they have a quota to fill?" I know the real answer is that they just like it, but that's even worse. I don't get that kind of humor and I never will.

For reference: Jonah Hill's postmortem Allen Gregory interview, where he keeps describing the show as "punk-rock" and comparing it to Arrested Development.
    http://www.aoltv.com/2011/12/02/jona...allen-gregory/
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: The new Electric Wonderland cartoon concludes today! Can the wacky wonderful Internet personality Jon-Trawn uncover the real conspiracy?

J. B. Warner is offline Increasing my wordiness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Given your recent comments here on TZ about the disturbingly racist direction the writing has been taking on Family Guy, I was waiting for you to take a swing at it in a comic. You did not disappoint. I never watched a single episode of Allen Gregory, but if that's what it was like, I see I didn't miss anything.
    I'm the man with two DeviantArts.