toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

"Princess Pi vs. the Alpha...." Talkback

Like This Thread!
    http://www.platypuscomix.net/princes...=1&seriesID=12

Aside from Heiress A Parent, this is my favorite cartoon of the fall. After a rather gloomy first appearance, this Sam character somehow became incredibly funny to me. I loved just about everything she kept saying. And I think Princess Pi found its groove with this story.

Originally known as "Princess Pi vs. The Libby" before TVTropes corrected the issue that the cartoon originally complained about:

Also, for this scene to work I had to contradict something I'd said earlier about Pi inventing TVTropes. In any other series I would have worked around it, but this is supposed to be a lawless series where I can throw such continuity worries away, so I made the contradiction the joke. A third person will probably be credited for inventing it later.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Rampaging through Portland soon, and on the Internet now....it's the Super Summer Issue of BANG, crammed with quality entertainment including a brand-new Mulberry story! Watch out for that tree!

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    More:
    http://www.platypuscomix.net/princes...11&seriesID=12

One of my favorite things about this story is how, every time more of Sam's name is revealed, it's another gag. The "Sam Adams" one may need some explaining, though. Sam Adams is the name of Portland's ineffectual mayor.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Rampaging through Portland soon, and on the Internet now....it's the Super Summer Issue of BANG, crammed with quality entertainment including a brand-new Mulberry story! Watch out for that tree!

J. B. Warner is offline Increasing my wordiness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Of course, Sam Adams also works as a beer joke, so I think that joke still holds up on a different level.

Probably one of your best and funniest action sequences yet - I always enjoy seeing you write car chases. The whole "You'll take my brains out through my nose!" conversation is brilliant.
    I'm the man with two DeviantArts.

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You should totally merch that generic-anime-girl t-shirt.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...