Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    There's another dignet on the way... Buzzr TV, from FremantleMedia (owners of a crapton of shows, including The Price is Right, Family Feud, American Idol, and much of the Thames TV library), and Debmar-Mercury, a syndication firm owned by Lionsgate (they help co-distribute Family Feud in syndication now alongside 20th TV), set to be launched on Fox O&O stations in the near-future; this article gives more details; I dunno who'll carry it in Portland, maybe KPTV? Or perhaps KOIN?

Peter Paltridge is offline Beware the Belcher
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    KPTV has no subchannels at all right now, so there's definitely room. Getting vintage reruns of Price is Right would be great....problem is, Bob Barker's marked a large section of the library as forbidden. Any episode that gave away a fur, for example. Then there's a model that he hates so he banned any episode she appeared in which is a timespan covering decades. We'll see what we get.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Mulberry's new purchase initiates a chain reaction of chaos! Could it happen in real life? Probably. Check out part one of "A Terrible Fate!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, but not just that. All sorts of game shows they could use include Press Your Luck, Password, Match Game, To Tell the Truth, Tattletales, Card Sharks, Let's Make a Deal, Sale of the Century- hell, they could easily use the game shows from the Thames and Reg Grundy libraries- ie, the UK versions of Name that Tune and Supermarket Sweep, some of Grundy's Australian adaptations, Grundy's Scrabble series- yeah, Fremantle owns a lot of game shows.

Peter Paltridge is offline Beware the Belcher
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It turns out Portland attempted a local soap opera in December of 1983.

Pillars of Portland: The First Major Success and Greatest Debacle in Portland TV History
    The article says a copy has just been discovered, but I would not be surprised if another copy has been hiding in my dad's basement this entire time.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Mulberry's new purchase initiates a chain reaction of chaos! Could it happen in real life? Probably. Check out part one of "A Terrible Fate!"

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132

LinkBacks (?)