toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930
    Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Suddenly, a new subchannel on KATU. 2.3, "GET TV." It's so new it isn't part of the local listings online yet. I don't know what its point is but today's schedule is all old movies.

Are they trying to form a sentence with these names? "Me Get This" would be amusing on a listing grid.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: It's been a while, but they've finally returned....press kits, prototypes, gorgeous neon signs, Sonic with a watermelon.....it must be THINGS YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE, Summer '14 Edition!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's a new digital network operated by Sony, showing their old movies (they must have a lot, considering that Antenna TV and the little-known Sony Movie Channel, which is on DBS and FiOS, already show their movies); it's carried on Univision stations, and recently came to a deal with Sinclair, the guys who acquired Fisher and KATU, to carry it on their stations. (I would suggest Peter, that you start watching KOIN, given how Sinclair has a large, pro-conservative agenda and will likely push it on KATU, if they haven't done so already; this and their habit of buying everything they can get their hands on (through shell companies and such) has not endeared them to the broadcast industry, and yet the FCC continues to let them go.)

Chris is offline Corn is good and good for you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    More like the whole state, but Vic Atiyeh died yesterday.
    And apparently channel 8 KGW is going to get a new look. I see their "new look coming soon" ads every day at the noon news.
    My comic! Now updated daily!

See Thelma and Franklin This and more in the KWVT Video Zone! Ringing in 2014!

Vance M. is offline Vance M.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I do have a question, is there any Analog TV stations over in Portland and/or Selma? I actually found a Analog TV station in my area, which is totally weird.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The KWVT channels are coming in once again, which means I now get a total of 41 channels (counting subchannels) in the area. That's a pretty decent count for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance M. View Post
    I do have a question, is there any Analog TV stations over in Portland and/or Selma? I actually found a Analog TV station in my area, which is totally weird.
    Channel 5 (a repeat of Channel 32) stayed on in Portland until this year. I do not know the reason why.
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: It's been a while, but they've finally returned....press kits, prototypes, gorgeous neon signs, Sonic with a watermelon.....it must be THINGS YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE, Summer '14 Edition!

Chris is offline Corn is good and good for you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really? I didn't know that.
    Also, it's "Salem", not "Selma".
    My comic! Now updated daily!

See Thelma and Franklin This and more in the KWVT Video Zone! Ringing in 2014!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    The KWVT channels are coming in once again, which means I now get a total of 41 channels (counting subchannels) in the area. That's a pretty decent count for free.

Channel 5 (a repeat of Channel 32) stayed on in Portland until this year. I do not know the reason why.
    The analog channel near my area is called WMTY- TV 45. It is a analog station (The only place i got it from was from my Great-Grandmothers place, as of writing this) and shows Gospel programing. Very strange indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vance M. View Post
    The analog channel near my area is called WMTY- TV 45. It is a analog station (The only place i got it from was from my Great-Grandmothers place, as of writing this) and shows Gospel programing. Very strange indeed.
    Also heres its website, so if you want to see what weird stuff is on. http://www.wmty.net (It is also in another area of Alabama)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The new look and logo of KGW's (which replaced the "8" logo that dated to 1995, as part of TV graphics guru John Christopher Burns' makeover of the station) is part of Gannett's, who acquired Belo and the KING cluster last year (though technically KGW is owned by a former Belo exec and is operated by Gannett, due to Gannett already owning the Statesman Journal, per FCC rules that you can't own a newspaper and TV station in the same market, which is kinda pointless), standardized graphics package, with stories color-themed like USA Today, developed at their Denver station, KUSA, and the Gari Media Group-composed music package This is Home, which also serves as a locally-customized promo as part of the look (another Gannett station, WKYC in Cleveland, did a version celebrating LeBron James' return to Cleveland). KING and NWCN have already adopted the look, as well as WWL in New Orleans, another ex-Belo station; KREM Spokane and KTVB Boise are likely preparing for it. A new website, also Gannett standard, is also on the way for KGW and the other ex-Belo stations (KHOU in Houston got it today). KING did a similar "squeegee off the old graphics" promo, with their lead anchor Jean Enersen.
    Last edited by TheMisterFree; 07-30-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Looks like the next season of Portlandia will have a scene at Franklin High School.

I passed it on my daily jog and noticed three strange trailers: one with two retro cartoon girls on it and the words "Myrtle and Mod" in sixties type-font, one that had a door like you'd find in an actual house, with similar furnishings inside, and one traditional iron trailer with a small Portlandia logo on it and a guy inside reading through a script. Of course there was security so I couldn't look any closer than that.
    www.platypuscomix.net

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930

LinkBacks (?)